Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Lucrative Job Opportunities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following job opportunities are or soon will be available be in Government of Pakistan

1- Finance Minister
2- Advisor to Finance Minister
3- Chairman FBR
4- Chairman SECP

The incumbent must possess the following qualification

1- Must be friend of the president or prime minister
2- Close links in IMF, World Bank and US Govt. are a great advantage
3- Must be expert in white color crime
4- Does as directed
5- Must have spent 5 years in jail for restoration of democracy
6- Candidates with leash mark on the back will be preferred
7- Must be fluent in abusing others and using vulgar language
8- Being economist is not necessary

Interested candidate should send their application to PO Box 420, Islamabad, Pakistan
i am laughing but at the same time i feel very dissapointed, sad at the pathetic condition of our system.
Hi Rabia-K,

I am wondering how long we will wait for a Messiah.

Koi umeed bar nahi ati
Koi surat nazar nahi ati

But still there is light at the end of tunnel. According to philosophy of Hegel, (In plain English) every system has a diminishing point and so as corruption in our country will have a diminishing point. There are two types of nations in the world first who take lessons from other nations and develop in all aspects of life, secondly, which flow with the evaluation process. Unfortunately we belong to the second type. If you ever get a chance, read the books “Rise and Falls of Nations” by Richard F. Ames, “I choose freedom” by Victor Karochinko, “My struggle” by Adolf Hitler. These are worth reading books. You would feel that we are living in an age where Europe was living about 100 years ago.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

LoL! Hillarious job requirements!
khuram i wonder what made you say CSS a childish exam
Every beginning has an end, but i don't see that end for quiet sometime in future. Allah he rehem kare Pakistan par
[/quote]
Interested candidate should send their application to PO Box 420, Islamabad, Pakistan

[/quote]
DISCLAIMERThis PO BOX 420 doesn't belong to me.
Shani420
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khuramonline</i>
<br />I had personal interaction with css topper 2006. Before the announcement of result, he had told me he could fail in english grammar exam because he understood nothing of the paragraph whose precis was to be written in exam. Precis question is always a crucial question in this exam. If someone could not understand abc of original paragraph, how could he write correct precis?

And I know he really knew nothing of that paragraph. For example he was considering name of an ancient personality (as written in original paragraph) to be a difficult english word whose meaning he didn't know.

But he not only passed the exam. He was the topper!!! )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Well, one does not need to understand stuff 100% to pass. It also depends on individual perception and abilities. One might do just okay in one paper but outstanding in others
if CSS was a childish exam, you would see every third person as an officer
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Greatkhans</i>
<br />
There are two types of nations in the world first who take lessons from other nations and develop in all aspects of life, secondly, which flow with the evaluation process. Unfortunately we belong to the second type.

Rightly said, but we cannot afford to be in 2nd group. We have WMDs, are quite "khud kafeel" in talbani approach, wanna give some "maza chakhana" to "kafirs", and some of us are very eagerly in hurry to get maximum number of hoors and grab prime location plot in Jannah. Agar dunya main mahnat lagti hay kutch karnay main to jaldi say jannat hi kion na haasil karli jay.
Hi Toronto Boy,

Our nation is suffering from a great dilemma. We claim to be Muslim, but in fact we are not (With due apologies). A Muslim does not become Muslim by just bearing “Shahadah”. These are the acts which make us Muslim. We are very rapidly losing our values, tradition and culture. I think you live in Toronto, so you might not have idea that these days if two people are coming in the street and you say salam to them, they will stop and ask each other “Is he your friend, If not, then why he is saying Salam?” or they might get scared. We check around before drawing money from an ATM. We check our vehicle many times when we park it in the street. We can’t use precious mobile phone. Women can’t put on jewelry even in marriage ceremonies. You would see corruption everywhere. We don’t trust anybody. We consciously or unconsciously tell lies. We never reach anywhere on time. When we lend money, we lose friends because mostly it is not returned. You can’t even find poison without contamination. Educational institutions and hospitals have become lucrative businesses. Generals, politicians, businessmen are plundering national exchequer. It has become a total exploitive society. 45% people are not able to earn $1.25 a day 77% don’t earn $2.00 a day. Poverty is spreading like a monster. Still everyone is suffering from diarrhea of wisdom, knowledge, prestige etc. We have become so senseless that death of 35-40 people is nothing but ordinary news for us.

Hadsay say barh kar saniha yae hua
Kah hadsa dekh kar koi ruka na tha

Islam say if you would follow it you won’t have “Hunger & Fear” “Min juin wal khouf””. So these are two cures from Allah if a nation doesn’t follow it. You can witness these two cures on our nation. Allah also says that if one nation doesn’t follow the principles, we replace them from another better one (In my words, not an exact translation)

I remember that I was watching an interview of Farooq Qaiser. He was asked “Did you know that Haad Haram will be such a famous character?” he said “Yes! I knew that but I didn’t know that it will become a national character.”

We have a mindset that everything coming from the West is a cure. We don’t realize that in the international affairs, neither America is our enemy nor China, Iran and KSA are our friend. Everyone protects its interest. So as we should do as a nation both on international and domestic fronts. We allowed our (So called ) brother countries Saudi Arabia & Iran, to manage their proxy war on our homeland and now we are reaping what we sow It was Iran that made AQ Khan scandal and supplied information to USA and European Union putting our program in danger. It was Libya that sent “Hatora Group” for terrorism in Pakistan. It was PLO which assisted in hijacking PIA plane. Syria and Iraq supplied money and training to commit terrorism act in Pakistan in early 80s. Are these countries really our friends?

We take our decisions emotionally rather than prudently. We are slaves of some Peers, Wadaras, industrialist, politicians, etc. We are following leaders blindly. Some are salves of Nawaz family some are of Bhutto family or some of others. Will it continue? Will our generations be slave of Hamza Sharif or Balawal Zardari and their generations thereafter? Have our mothers have stopped bearing leaders? Have their breast dried to feed great leaders, sportsman, scientist, jurists, thinkers, scholars, writers, poets, artist, painters etc. It would need to write a book to list all our social evils. Once I prepared a list of all merits and demerits which a society must have and what we do have. I was so disappointed that I don’t want to share it. I would strongly suggest member to do this exercise by themselves.
Fortunately, we also have people of integrity, honesty, commitment and dedication. This is the only reason that we are surviving as a nation. But I am still hopeful from our generations to come. They will not only repair what legacy we are leaving behind but also boost our nation as modern, progressive and honorable nations in the world.

Allah save Pakistan,

Regards,

GREAT KHANS
Im a Pakistani born Canadian. I spent part of my youth in Pakistan. After reading this (below), it reminds me of all those people in Pakistan (i was one of them) that always seemed so disconnected from reality. What reality you ask? The reality of the huge disparity in the number of poor/aggricultural/illiterates vs. the gifted/subarban/highlyliterate. The disparity between what these two groups actually NEED to survive daily vs. what they just would prefer to happen to make their lives more comfortable.

I agree that we "have people of integrity, honesty, commitment and dedication". But being such a young nation, considering all the geopolitics that surround us and our history, do you ever think- <b>we are expecting too much of ourselves? </b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Greatkhans</i>
<br />Hi Toronto Boy,

Our nation is suffering from a great dilemma. We claim to be Muslim, but in fact we are not (With due apologies). A Muslim does not become Muslim by just bearing “Shahadah”. These are the acts which make us Muslim. We are very rapidly losing our values, tradition and culture. I think you live in Toronto, so you might not have idea that these days if two people are coming in the street and you say salam to them, they will stop and ask each other “Is he your friend, If not, then why he is saying Salam?” or they might get scared. We check around before drawing money from an ATM. We check our vehicle many times when we park it in the street. We can’t use precious mobile phone. Women can’t put on jewelry even in marriage ceremonies. You would see corruption everywhere. We don’t trust anybody. We consciously or unconsciously tell lies. We never reach anywhere on time. When we lend money, we lose friends because mostly it is not returned. You can’t even find poison without contamination. Educational institutions and hospitals have become lucrative businesses. Generals, politicians, businessmen are plundering national exchequer. It has become a total exploitive society. 45% people are not able to earn $1.25 a day 77% don’t earn $2.00 a day. Poverty is spreading like a monster. Still everyone is suffering from diarrhea of wisdom, knowledge, prestige etc. We have become so senseless that death of 35-40 people is nothing but ordinary news for us.

Hadsay say barh kar saniha yae hua
Kah hadsa dekh kar koi ruka na tha

Islam say if you would follow it you won’t have “Hunger & Fear” “Min juin wal khouf””. So these are two cures from Allah if a nation doesn’t follow it. You can witness these two cures on our nation. Allah also says that if one nation doesn’t follow the principles, we replace them from another better one (In my words, not an exact translation)

I remember that I was watching an interview of Farooq Qaiser. He was asked “Did you know that Haad Haram will be such a famous character?” he said “Yes! I knew that but I didn’t know that it will become a national character.”

We have a mindset that everything coming from the West is a cure. We don’t realize that in the international affairs, neither America is our enemy nor China, Iran and KSA are our friend. Everyone protects its interest. So as we should do as a nation both on international and domestic fronts. We allowed our (So called ) brother countries Saudi Arabia & Iran, to manage their proxy war on our homeland and now we are reaping what we sow It was Iran that made AQ Khan scandal and supplied information to USA and European Union putting our program in danger. It was Libya that sent “Hatora Group” for terrorism in Pakistan. It was PLO which assisted in hijacking PIA plane. Syria and Iraq supplied money and training to commit terrorism act in Pakistan in early 80s. Are these countries really our friends?

We take our decisions emotionally rather than prudently. We are slaves of some Peers, Wadaras, industrialist, politicians, etc. We are following leaders blindly. Some are salves of Nawaz family some are of Bhutto family or some of others. Will it continue? Will our generations be slave of Hamza Sharif or Balawal Zardari and their generations thereafter? Have our mothers have stopped bearing leaders? Have their breast dried to feed great leaders, sportsman, scientist, jurists, thinkers, scholars, writers, poets, artist, painters etc. It would need to write a book to list all our social evils. Once I prepared a list of all merits and demerits which a society must have and what we do have. I was so disappointed that I don’t want to share it. I would strongly suggest member to do this exercise by themselves.
Fortunately, we also have people of integrity, honesty, commitment and dedication. This is the only reason that we are surviving as a nation. But I am still hopeful from our generations to come. They will not only repair what legacy we are leaving behind but also boost our nation as modern, progressive and honorable nations in the world.

Allah save Pakistan,

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

Hi Fahad Pasha,

It is really nice to hear that you are a Canadian of Pakistan Origin. Your views are definitely realistic and practical. I disagree that we are expecting too much. In fact it is all about sincerity and commitment with ourselves. There are so many things that we can do easily and does not require rocket science. Fortunately I have hundreds of friends in Toronto and I don’t have even a single day when I don’t talk to friends in Canada. So I have some update knowledge what is happening in Canada. You know that the standards normally Canadian have for their leaders are quite different from an ordinary man. I am not sure to what extend it is correct, but my friend told me that a Toronto mayor candidate had to go out of the race just because he had a girl friend. Minister Transportation has to resign because he had some holdings in a company that he did not disclosed, Finance Minister of Ontario had to resign just because there were tax evasion charges, and he was restored when charged were removed, a sikh parliamentarian was suspended just because she was charged by a nanny that she was under paid and over worked, which subsequently proved incorrect. Canada is a true welfare state. I don’t expect that level of transparency in systems and welfare for its citizens.

At least we can set some moral standards and social habits in Pakistan. We choose our leaders, the leaders we know very well that they are corrupt. We have immense natural resources, work force of 160 million people, what else do we need? Stopping on traffic signals, making queues, meeting appointments, going to bed and wake up early, etc are not thing that need resources to do so. In fact, we need to change our habits. You know that in Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan and America, 70% people go to bad before 10 pm and get up 5.00 am. What we are doing, playing Dubbo, snooker, or sitting at Cafe Piyala for nothing till 2.00 am in the morning and going to office and job, with heavy eyes, holding marriage ceremonies till 3.00 am, I think I never witnessed in any part of the world to have any ceremony after 9.00 pm. Does it happen in Canada? Does it need resources to change these social habits? I am sure your answer would be NO.
So I hope that I am not expecting more from my nation.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS
In response to Greatkhans,

Hello and thank you for that thoughtful response. You know all the examples you gave about Canadian politicians having to resign or facing criticism over what would be considered trivial matters in some parts of the world is quite close to reality. My point (leading back to my other post) is that we should not view these two countries and experiences through the same lenses. We have to place each situation in its own context. Yes, we can see Canada setting some examples that we should strive for (such as transparency in politics as you mention) but I don’t think the moral standards and social habits should be challenged, at the behest of other aspects such as infrastructure, trade etc. The reason I say this is because these moral standards and social habits are part of our cultural fabric, its our identity (whether we like it or not). If you visited a European Mediterranean country, you would notice a lot of the same lazzie fare attitude to life; yet, the country is well developed economically, socially, etc. So invest in organizing and equipping the agricultural community in Pakistan to increase their yields, quality, and trade potential; invest in infrastructure; create opportunity and incentives for expatriates and foreigners to return to invest/build in Pakistan; and so on. I don’t think the root of the problem is in cultural aspects (for the most part).

I think another somewhat insignificant and simple example will give you a very intense and relevant insight into how my thinking has evolved. Please consider the following When I first moved to the west, I was young and I had no friends. I eventually found an Indian boy that I could identify with and we became best friends. Since I had been born/raised partly in Pakistan, I had a natural dislike/distrust/animosity towards Indians. What I never considered that my best friend, confidante, almost brother, was an Indian himself. So obviously, you can see how my prespective started to change in life. Especially, when I started to realize for example in Canada how even a Jew and Palestinian could be best of friends and how a Hutu and a Tutsi from Africa could get along; when, back home in the Congo they were committing genocide against each other. Of course, the developed society, the norms, the legal system in Canada means the same rules apply to everyone equally and this is a big reason for the cooperation. But it is a big lesson for Pakistan. I think this is probably one of the biggest challenges (yet most rewarding if overcome) I see in Pakistan- the distrust/hate towards India that permeates society. If people there could understand, they could forgive past actions, understand how much benefit exists in peaceful coexistence, we would truly transcend to another level and make real progress. I am fully expecting someone to say how ridiculous this idea is, because it takes a real tough, concerted effort to even being to see how you could not hate an Indian so I understand, but I also know it is possible and once you see the other perspective, you would understand how ridiculous, unnecessarily perpetual and vengeful the cycle of hatred really is.
ASA Fahd,

First I am sorry for delayed response. Perhaps you know that I was stuck up in another discussion. Anyways, I am now replying to your questions. Brother, the standard of morality which now West has adopted are integral part of our religion, culture and tradition. History can’t give example set by our ancestors. I will give only two examples although our history is full of such examples. Once Hazrat Fatima (RA) was wearing a necklace; the prophet asked her that how did she get that necklace. She replied that she borrowed from the exchequer (Bat-ul-mal). Prophet called the incharge of Bat-ul-mal and verified and said Oh, Fatima (RA) if it would have been established that you stool that necklace, I could have cut your hand. (Incident in my words). You see the level of accountability and morality. Another example is of Khalid Bin Walieed. He was the person who ruined Iranian and Roman empires. Once he gave an award of Dinar 10000 to a poet. Umer (RA) suspended him from the chief of army staff and tied his hands with his turban (Imama) and he was brought in public to proof that he really owns the money. Even he was demoted as a soldier because of spending recklessly his own money. You know what he said? He said I won’t fight any more if I fight for Umer (RA) and I will still fight as a soldier if I fight for ALLAH.

As you told that you have been living in Canada, so you might not have the idea what we have to face in Pakistan every day just because of our habits. Only one person blocks the entire traffic for hours because he violates a traffic signal causing problem to thousands of people. We don’t give ways to ambulance and emergency vehicles which might claim someone’s life. There are hundreds of such other examples. I don’t know why you are claiming these things as part of culture and being proud of awaking late nights, killing time uselessly, missing appointments, telling lies, contaminating foods, etc. I have spent years in UK, USA, Canada and visit Japan, Australia, and other countries as frequently as people don’t go to Lahore from Islamabad. So I know what life style in those countries is.

In fact, what you are saying is expecting too much when you ask to invest in infrastructure, return of overseas Pakistanis to rebuild the country (Chinese Model) etc. This will require mega social reforms. You know that FBR collects about Rs. 750 billion in total taxes and another Rs. 500 billions drain out because of corruption. On investment in infrastructure side, according to Shaukat Tarreen, it takes Rs. 3 to invest Rs. 1 in infrastructure. It means 75% goes in corruption. To me, corruption is the biggest issue of the country involving several hundred million people. This demands a major surgery; the disease can’t be cured with medicines.

We need to develop what I call Al-Barooni approach. Al-Barooni was at the death bed when he called one of his students and said, I couldn’t solve this mathematical equation, can you help me? The student said Sir, it is time to pray; you don’t need to resolve this mathematical problem. Al-Barooni said, Oh, do you want me to appear before ALLAH as an illiterate man whereas HE ordered me to be educated? This was true spirit which caused Islam to be the dominating religion in the world. That was glorious period of Islam. If we need to revive our history and really want to rule the world we will have to revive our culture, traditions, spirit, etc. I hope you understand my view point.

Please don’t hesitate to raise your questions and I will try to answer them.

Regards,

GREAT KHAN

<br />ASA Fahd,
You see the level of accountability and morality. Another example is of Khalid Bin Walieed. He was the person who ruined Iranian and Roman empires. Once he gave an award of Dinar 10000 to a poet. Umer (RA) suspended him from the chief of army staff and tied his hands with his turban (Imama) and he was brought in public to proof that he really owns the money. Even he was demoted as a soldier because of spending recklessly his own money. You know what he said? He said I won’t fight any more if I fight for Umer (RA) and I will still fight as a soldier if I fight for ALLAH.

Its quiet some time that i have read these kind of educated assessment. Dear I really appreciate and second your thoughts. At least one can try to change him self and try to impose self accountability.

Just want to add some thing to clarify an impression about Khalid Bin Waleed (RA) the great soldier of Islam. He was demoted because he was generous in spending war booty (Mal-e-Ganimat) among his soldiers and locals who supported his forces and there was also a perception that Muslims cannot win without Khalid bin waleed (RA). Despite the fact that he was demoted he fought with same zeal under Abu Ubaida bin Al-Jarrah (RA) and was instrumental in more victories. In fact Abu Ubaida bin Al Jarrah (RA) trusted him so much that he used to take regular advice from Khalid Bin Waleed (RA). This reflects the commitment to the cause of allah.

These days if some one is demoted he will try to pull the legs of his successor.

Any ways god bless you great khan keep it up

Regards

M.Rizwan
Hi MRS,

Thanks for your valuable contribution. It is very true that Hazrat Umer (RA) had very high regards for Khanlid bin Waleed. I am sure that you know that Umer (RA) was a close relative of Khaleed Bin Waleed.

I wanted to communicate that each one of us can make a small difference in the society without putting any extra efforts. Qatra Qatra daryia me shawad.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS