Accountancy Forum

Full Version: about exemption in icaa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i m a student of ca n recently passed module d. i want to know about exemption in icaa after completion of module f n training according to icap.
you wont get any exemptions in the ICAA program, even after you have become a qualified ICAP member.

ICAP is a Partially recognized overseas Accounting Body in Australia.
you will only satisfy the entry requirements for the ICAA CA program. you wont get any exemptions.

http//www.charteredaccountants.com.au/A117411454
Sahal
Rabia is right.U won't get any exemptions in Australian CA after Pakistani CA.All 5 modules r required to be passed.
But if u complete ur 3 years articles of CA(ICAP) then u may get 1 year waiver in 3 years training of CA(AUSTRALIA)(they will assess ur training and then decide).So ur training period may be reduced to 2 years.
If anyone gets ICAEW membership by getting exemptions or using any special agreement (like MoU or MRA) then he/she cannot avail MRA between ICAEW and ICAA.

The ICAA Members Handbook says

209.4 An applicant shall have been admitted to the overseas accounting body by the usual education and professional examination requirements, not by special recognition or any other mutual recognition agreement.
Adeel
ICAEW membership gained on the basis ofca(ICAP)/ACCA/CIMA ETC ETC is not accepted by ICAA. he will still have to sit for the ICAA CA exams.
If someone has got ICAEW membership by getting exemptions but has completed their 3 years training then he would required to pass all 5 modules of Aussie CA.
But on the basis of his ICAEW training , his training of aussie CA would be waived off.So he is just required to pass papers but no further training is required.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />Adeel
ICAEW membership gained on the basis ofca(ICAP)/ACCA/CIMA ETC ETC is not accepted by ICAA. he will still have to sit for the ICAA CA exams.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Rabia
If someone has completed CIMA then he gets 1 module exemption in ICAA so 4 modules r required.
@ALL

I have a strong argument in favour of what i said and i already researched alot into this matter through telephone and e-mail. Now i am pasting here only a conclusion from ICAA senior representative. If someone need complete e-mail i can email the complete email.

Subject RE Mutual Recognition with ICAEW
Date Fri, 8 Jan 2010 083551 +1100
From service@charteredaccountants.com.au
To adeelkhan656@hotmail.com

Dear Adeel,

Thank you for your email.

I believe that you understand the requirements however to avoid confusion I have placed the requirements in point form below.

1. If you complete your ACCA qualification and become a member of ACCA, then apply for membership with ICAEW you will not be eligible for membership with us and will need to complete our program.
2. If you complete your study only with ACCA and are granted exemptions to the ICAEW program and become a member of ICAEW you will be able to apply for membership with us.

Please note that it is a Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) requirement that you must maintain your membership with your parent body/institute as well as your membership obtained via mutual agreement with accounting bodies in the GAA.

Example If you become a member with us based on your membership with ICAEW, you cannot cancel your ICAEW membership. You must maintain your annual fees for both ICAEW and us. Should you cancel your ICAEW membership you will be in breach of the MRA between us and ICAEW as well as the GAA and your membership with us or any other body you become a member of via this method will be cancelled without notice.

In response to your final question you will not be able to obtain membership with USCPA using the membership you may obtain with us via the reciprocal arrangements/MRA held. You can only obtain membership with other accounting bodies within the GAA using your membership with the parent body/institute you have obtained your qualifications with. Basically you will only be able to apply for membership with the USCPA using the membership you obtain with ICAEW.

That's true that if someone gain membership into ICAEW through MRA then he/she cannot claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA.

But when you again exemption into ICAEW programme and satisfy ICAEW experience requirements then it cannot be regarded as not normal route. It's a normal route.

@All

The point 1 mentioned above is about direct entry into ICAEW membership register or MRA and the 2nd point is when you gain exemption into ICAEW on the basis of ACCA.

Persons who pass Advanced Stage of ICAEW are regarded as met normal education.

Persons including ACCA members who will claim ICAEW membership, who are ACCA members since 5 years, i think they cannot claim MRA held by ICAEW. For this requirement there is also mentioned about normal route and ICAEW have confirmed that persons who have passed Professional Level of ACCA are considered normal.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@ALL

I have a strong argument in favour of what i said and i already researched alot into this matter through telephone and e-mail. Now i am pasting here only a conclusion from ICAA senior representative. If someone need complete e-mail i can email the complete email.

Subject RE Mutual Recognition with ICAEW
Date Fri, 8 Jan 2010 083551 +1100
From service@charteredaccountants.com.au
To adeelkhan656@hotmail.com

Dear Adeel,

I believe that you understand the requirements however to avoid confusion I have placed the requirements in point form below.

1. If you complete your ACCA qualification and become a member of ACCA, then apply for membership with ICAEW you will not be eligible for membership with us and will need to complete our program.
2. If you complete your study only with ACCA and are granted exemptions to the ICAEW program and become a member of ICAEW you will be able to apply for membership with us.

Please note that it is a Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) requirement that you must maintain your membership with your parent body/institute as well as your membership obtained via mutual agreement with accounting bodies in the GAA.

Example If you become a member with us based on your membership with ICAEW, you cannot cancel your ICAEW membership. You must maintain your annual fees for both ICAEW and us. Should you cancel your ICAEW membership you will be in breach of the MRA between us and ICAEW as well as the GAA and your membership with us or any other body you become a member of via this method will be cancelled without notice.

In response to your final question you will not be able to obtain membership with USCPA using the membership you may obtain with us via the reciprocal arrangements/MRA held. You can only obtain membership with other accounting bodies within the GAA using your membership with the parent body/institute you have obtained your qualifications with. Basically you will only be able to apply for membership with the USCPA using the membership you obtain with ICAEW.

That's true that if someone gain membership into ICAEW through MRA then he/she cannot claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA.

But when you again exemption into ICAEW programme and satisfy ICAEW experience requirements then it cannot be regarded as not normal route. It's a normal route.

Adeel
This is nice info u have provided.
But there is a small differnce in ICAP case while compared with ACCA.
When a CA(ICAP) claims exemptions in CA(EW) , he also get full 3 years training exemption due to his previous training with ICAP.
While ACCA affiliate r required to complete training in ICAEW approved firms.
ICAA only accepts training completed under an CA(AUSSIE) or a Chartered accountant/CPA of those bodies with which it has an MRA.ICAP training would not be accepted(partially accept ho jae gi.3 years equal to 1 year).So Papers main to exemption mil sakti(on the basis of info provided by u) hai magar training dobara kerni paray gi.
@Shani

I think you are correct in ICAP case but it can be finally confirmed by ICAA.

One more thing can any body here confirm that the ICAEW membership gained through Pathways to Membership. That's the one who is FCCA since 5 years gain after writing examination of experience. ICAEW membership gained in this way entitle us to claim MRA held by ICAEW or not?
@All

This ICAP case should be confirmed by ICAA because it can also become relevant for ACCAs as well such as if ICAEW accept training done under ACCA training contract.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Shani

One more thing can any body here confirm that the ICAEW membership gained through Pathways to Membership. That's the one who is FCCA since 5 years gain after writing examination of experience. ICAEW membership gained in this way entitle us to claim MRA held by ICAEW or not?
Adeel,
I have mailed them.I shall share when get a respose.
BTW I was earlier told that all experience which is NOT gained under an CA(ICAA) or those with which ICAA has MRAs could be counted towards ICAA (3 years equal to 1 year).
@Adeel

I had also sent similar email to ICAA. But what they told me is totally against your post. Now i am bit confused about reality. May be who replied me would be front desk person. I am sharing here reply of my email by ICAA.

Q1. You would need to complete the ICAEW program in full (no exemptions based on ACCA) in order to then be able to apply for reciprocal membership with ICA Australia.

Q2. You would need to complete our CA program in full to be eligible for membership. For this you would need to undertake an assessment of your ACCA qualification and then complete accredited bridging studies in Australian Tax Law & Australian Company Law.

For further information please see the link below.

http//www.charteredaccountants.com.au/A117410304

Kind Regards

John Loader

Service Advisor

National Customer Service Centre

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Street Address 33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000

Postal Address GPO Box 9985, Sydney NSW 2001

ph. 1300 137 322 / Int'l +61 2 9290 5660

fax. +61 2 9262 4841

email service@charteredaccountants.com.au

www.charteredaccountants.com.au
<br />@Shani

Adeel
I could not get ur pathways related question?Plz explain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4