Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Need Experts Help ---- CIMA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam to everyone....

I am going to pass Intermediate. I am planning to get ACMA(UK) degree I mean to go for CIMA in institute located in London (training period is 3 years). Then i will do MBA from IBA or LUMS.

Now, Plz guide me Is it right to go for MBA after just ACMA(UK)???
i mean that i will not have any bachelors degree. Will I be admited for MBA ???

and also tell me ....
Only ACMA(UK) will be enough for one who is trained in London or I should go for MBA also.

Please experts help me...!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Salam to everyone....

I am going to pass Intermediate. I am planning to get ACMA(UK) degree I mean to go for CIMA in institute located in London (training period is 3 years). Then i will do MBA from IBA or LUMS.

Now, Plz guide me Is it right to go for MBA after just ACMA(UK)???
i mean that i will not have any bachelors degree. Will I be admited for MBA ???

and also tell me ....
Only ACMA(UK) will be enough for one who is trained in London or I should go for MBA also.

Please experts help me...!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I'm not an expert but I would like to point out few things... I hope our senior members can shed some light on this issue as well...

CIMA is NOT A DEGREE, its a 'professional qualification'...

There have been various debates about ACCA and CIMA qualifieds being allowed for admission in post graduate courses in Pakistan... Different institutions have different policies as of now... IBA and LUMS have stringent policies regarding admission requirements... Therefore, its better that you inquire about it as you have plenty of time...

Coming to your last question, CIMA and MBA in a relevant field make a pretty nice combination... One cannot judge whether CIMA itself would be enough or not if you have three years experience from London, although experienced candidates from foreign countries are considered demi-gods in Pakistan...
Try to focus more on the years when you will be qualified and not the present situation much... The WTO impact on our industry cannot be presumed, therefore try to 'cover all bases' and study as much as you can.

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,
mr. NabeelSoft123, one shud hold a graduation degree, at least, in order to survive in tynamic business world. competition is really more thn just cut-throat.
secondly, no one guarentees tht he WILL complete cima in the minimum time, n pass all the papers in first attempt. so, it can impart a mental tension in terms of time factor.
at least in pakistan, mba degree is virtually a MUST for quick promotions n getting good jobs even. plus, cima is NOT known to all the employers (mind it) so they might undervalue u.
above all, an mba degree, specially with major in finance/accounts, will exempt u from 7 papers !!!!
even if u dont get mba, but can get on job after graduation n complete cima at an easy pace, without ne moral/social pressure. n all the time u will spend (while doing job) shall contribute towards the compulsory requirements of work experience. but if u do cima b4 job, u still will need additional 3 yrs to get ACMA mmbrship!!!
so i suggest tht u do graduation first, then get on job, n continue cima along with the job.
make the final judgement at ur own discretion

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN
Salaams Nabeel.

You should be able to get onto any MBA without a degree. That is certainly the case here in the UK.

In fact CIMA has a special agreement with Henley College (UK), which is one of the Top 100 places to do an MBA in the World (reference Financial Times (UK))

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Salaams Nabeel.

You should be able to get onto any MBA without a degree. That is certainly the case here in the UK.

In fact CIMA has a special agreement with Henley College (UK), which is one of the Top 100 places to do an MBA in the World (reference Financial Times (UK))

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Mr Sohaib,

Could you please elaborate whether Henley Management College does come under the top 100 'international' MBA programmes, an annual ranking which is produced by the FT?

Many thanks

DT

Edited by - derivativetrader on Apr 14 2004 93743 PM
Dear DT,

If you go to the Henley site www.henleymc.ac.uk you should be able to find the info. It was one of the top 10 UK MBAs according to the FTs survey last year and appeared in the top 100 International Universities in that survey.
Try the CIMA site too for further info.
It is a good name to have on your CV. I think you need to have had some managment experience before being able to get on the course.

Dear DT,

If you go to the Henley site www.henleymc.ac.uk you should be able to find the info. It was one of the top 10 UK MBAs according to the FTs survey last year and appeared in the top 100 International Universities in that survey.
Try the CIMA site too for further info.
It is a good name to have on your CV. I think you need to have had some managment experience before being able to get on the course.

Thanks for your reply. I think Henley ranked 37th in World 'only' on the basis of its 'Executive MBA', which arguably is very different to 'normal' MBA programmes. Having said this, I don't want to indulge in any argument, as I said before thanks for taking time and clarifying the matter.
Wouldn’t you say that if one has the choice he should consider top 5 B-Schools?

DT,

Yes, I concur. I'd certainly go for the top 5 if I could.