Accountancy Forum

Full Version: I day notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilawal</i>
<br />aimad, Thanks for correcting yar. I had no idea what day it would be on 30th or 31st.I could have ended going to AFF on sunday!!!. Do you have idea how many people have been selected?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Haha I guess you were so happy you didnt hear anything the partner was telling you after selecting you ) Yar I have no idea how many people they have selected and how many applied. I guess after we join we will find out more about these things.
Han yar this thread will be very useful for students applying for articles to different firms, especially AFF...and the credit goes to aimad for creating it and to all others who participated in it by sharing their experience with others.

A.A, yar i applied after the last date for submission of application forms. Yes the application process was online but i was not able to submit the form online because the application date had already passed. So i went to their office and explained my situation that i belong top faisalabad and so i was unaware of of the last date for application. They were kind enough to grant me a chance to appear in the test.

aimad, you are right. All our questions will be answered in 31st. So better wait..
@bilawalThat was really nice of AFF and masha'allah lucky for you.I went to drop CV 2 days after the test and they couldn't do anything then.Still,they took my CV.E and Y flatly refused CV saying that their recruitment was over and all the students they had needed were already inducted though people on this forum described their experiences at the interviews for many days later.Do you know the marks you got in your entry test?And you are MFC 16,right?I have heard so many people(mainly teachers)say that the Big 4 take CA students only on references no matter how exceptional they are.Since you got in without a reference,your entry tests and interviews must have gone great masha'allah.
AA, we have all heard about references, some people say you need them and some say you dont. From my own experience, I have to say the whole recruitment process seemed much better and fairer than other firms. Anyway, at least bilawal and myself can be example to future students that you can get into a big firm without reference.
@aimaad22Thank you for your reply.Yes,I had sort of believed before that we could get in without using a reference and now my belief is getting much strengthened.AFF definitely seems fair.Yes,you 2 and faizicapri and inshallah idiot.boy are examples for the newer batches to look up to.I know an ACCA affiliate who got in KPMG without a reference.Told my teachers that and they said that ACCA students' situation is different from CA students but now bilawal's induction has given me alot of hope that merit works in the top firms.
A.A, i think what you have heard about C.A students is not correct. There were 5 C.A students with me for the second interview( AccA students were also there) and i think they all have been selected which shows that the recruitment process was fair and unbiased.
They didnt tell me marks of my test.I am MFC 17.
@bilawalThanks.What my teachers meant was that ICAP has strict regulations about the number of CA students each partner can train and other things like stipends etc while any number of ACCA students can be hired so in that respect they might be more easily hired without a reference.And if you are MFC 17,you either had Module A exempt or gave 2 modules together,probably A and B.Which is it?
Bilawal I remember you said they didnt mention Afghanistan to you during the first interview. Did they mention it in the second? They asked me in the first and yesterday the partner talked to me about it too. He said out of 200 people in the firm at least 15-20 are always in Afghanistan. I think they will definitely be sending me there at some stage.
A.A, I didnt mean to blame your teachers. they must have said this on the basis of some information. I gave mod-A and B together. my english and economics was exempt

aimad, han yar they did ask me whether i was willing to go to afghanistan and i replied in affirmitive. they even asked me whether i had a passport . lag to aisa hi raha hy k hamain kabhi na kabhi afghanistan bheja jai ga.
@bilawalYes I know.I just explained then because I hadn't before.Being MFC 17 is very cool mash'allah.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilawal</i>
<br />A.A, I didnt mean to blame your teachers. they must have said this on the basis of some information. I gave mod-A and B together. my english and economics was exempt

aimad, han yar they did ask me whether i was willing to go to afghanistan and i replied in affirmitive. they even asked me whether i had a passport . lag to aisa hi raha hy k hamain kabhi na kabhi afghanistan bheja jai ga.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yep and its kinda scary! Also I dont know if we will get any good experience from there. Anyway I dont have a passport so maybe they wont send me [8D]
aimad, yar why do you find going to afghanistan scary ? due to taliban/terrorism or it has something to do with your experience.i mean kabul should be a safer place, just like islamabad(in whole of pakistan) is and there are no less bombings in pakistan compared to afghanistan.
I know, thats what I told everyone who said to me you shouldnt go there. But you know Afghanistan is Afghanistan, kuch pata nahi hota ) Anyway there were more blasts in Pakistan last year than Iraq and Afhganistan combined!! Im actually also looking forward to it, I like new experiences and traveling ) Cant wait for 31st, although Im sure once we start working we will think 'kahan phas gaye yar' Hahahahah
Nice statitistical work yar, i didnt know pakistan`s condition was that worse. I am also looking forward to go there. waisay yar hum to aisay batain kr rahay jaisay 31st ko hi unhon ne hamain afghanistan bhej dena hy.....hahaha. But at some point of time we will be sent....that is for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20