Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ICAEW Articles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all the members of this extremely helpful forum!

I am an ACCA student cuurently on final paper p6.
i attempted audit and chose audit and tax wiht a plan to do ICAEW after claiming the exemptions.

I know there are several firms in islamabad that offer icaew training but i have heard and read that its rarely possible to get icaew training contract in any of them!

so i wanted to know that is there really no chance for me to get a trainee contract!
furthur i needed to know that how much a "reference" works in big 4 firms?

thanx in advance!
hi

dear it is realy motivated for you that you have got exemption in icaew but unfortunately icaew tarining is not available in pakistan after acca

If you go in big 4 then their policy is that first complete three year article then you will be allowed to do 2 yaers job on icaew

If you go in local small firms which are registered with icaew which have small affiliation then you might get the chance to getdirectly icaew training contract

Otherwise no chance

I hope the above information would be really helpfull for you

Thanks

You know most dreams are not realise in the reality
I also want to knw how much refernce work in BIG 4
nd which groups hav influence on these firms!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scorpian</i>
<br />hi

dear it is realy motivated for you that you have got exemption in icaew but unfortunately icaew tarining is not available in pakistan after acca

If you go in big 4 then their policy is that first complete three year article then you will be allowed to do 2 yaers job on icaew

If you go in local small firms which are registered with icaew which have small affiliation then you might get the chance to getdirectly icaew training contract

Otherwise no chance

I hope the above information would be really helpfull for you

Thanks

You know most dreams are not realise in the reality
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Are you sure this is the case?
We have member here UzairCh who is getting ICAEW training from EY. I think he directly got inducted for ICAEW or his case maybe an exception.
thanx for the information!
i also wanted to know some thing about the reference thing!
how much a reference works in a big 4 firm?
and if the reference is a very strong one is it possible then to get an icaew contract?
Dear acca_acca,
UzairCh has provided some info regarding ICAEW articles in Ernst & Young Lahore.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9692
thanx dear!
ICAEW articles

Maqbool Haroon & Co. (CAs) Lahore - M. Maqbool, FCA (PBP Publications)
ICAEW articles

Maqbool Haroon & Co. (CAs) Lahore - M. Maqbool, FCA (PBP Publications)