Accountancy Forum

Full Version: PWC Ferguson or EY Ford Rhodes as firm to start ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Dear Friends,

Ive been selected ALHAMDULLILAH at both AFF and EY. Please advise me where to join. Im confused whether to go for the huge MNC clientel of AFF or the Secondment opportunities at the EY.

Im already working in EY Transaction Advisory Services but would have to re start my training contract even in EY audit. So it doesnt matter where i join.

(Im an ACCA affiliate)

Please advise me with the relevant pros and cons of each of the aforementioned firms.

Regards
@mohsin
when was ur 2nd interview in AFF & E&Y ?
Kya lucky banda hai yaar tu ... Here we are finding it so tough to even get called up for an interview, and here you are ... Already selected for two of the Big Four ... Good show man ... Ferguson is better than Ford Rhodes in my opinion ... Anyways it's not a tough decision to make as both are top-notch firms ... Good Luck !!!!!!!
WOW !! what a man you !! forsure , your experience of working with E&Y surely helped u to place ur self in 2 among big 4 !! congratulations 1st of all ...

My sincere advise would be to stay in E&Y , and start working there with a new contract.. i heard that E&Y is the most flexible firm considerable to all big 4 in relation with students.. They do understand the problems and help in every possible way !! AFFergosonzs is only forward way of looking upto Standards , but E&Y , learning + friendly environment !!

anyways , BEST OF LUCK !! n for sure , as haroun said , KYA LUCKY BANDA HA YAAR TU D hahaha
well in Ferguson there are 4 sections namely A,B,C and D. Section C mainly deals with financial sector section C has three further sub division
1)Risk advisory services
2)transaction advisory services
3)Audit and Assurance

and u wont be given much leverage to choose your section or sub section.you would be required to work where you are kept.Ferguson name and quality of work cant be match with any of the other audit firm.furthermore the rate of passing final examination in Ferguson is highest.
on the other hand if u compare ENY its not a bad firm either open environment like there a boy can have many girl friends.and less work pressure in other words ayashi....life...plus secondments.

so as u wish i am in ferguson by the way.
imad what abt Internal Audit section ??? is there any ??? please name other 3 sections as well ...
B is mainly manufacturing and A and D have mixed like info tech industries etc....
C also has KESC in RAS and shell,otsuka,toyota pakistan(indus motors),exide pakistan and other apart from banks..so C normally caters vareity but mainly banks...
furthermore there is no internal audit.department in firm...we had MCB internal audit assignment but sBp gave notice restricted outsourcing of internal audit by banks to firm..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mohsintcs</i>
<br />Dear Friends,

Ive been selected ALHAMDULLILAH at both AFF and EY. Please advise me where to join. Im confused whether to go for the huge MNC clientel of AFF or the Secondment opportunities at the EY.

Im already working in EY Transaction Advisory Services but would have to re start my training contract even in EY audit. So it doesnt matter where i join.

(Im an ACCA affiliate)

Please advise me with the relevant pros and cons of each of the aforementioned firms.

Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
man i ll recommend u E&Y ... becoz life also need som sort of entertainment ... nd abov all PWC is nt an ACCA 's employer where as rest of Big 3 are ...
now i need your help ... plz tel me if u can ...
how aged u are? how many attempts it tak u to be an affiliate ..? do u belong to O nd A level..wat are the hiast marks u ve obtained in any paper!!!!!
yaar see help me ... plz though its bothersome but plz
Dear

In Pak, only one professional firm is an "institution"; rest all are simply firms. The one and only institution in Pak is AFF.

At this stage it would be difficult, rather, impossible to make you understand what I am saying.

Anyway, I recommend you to join and stay at AFF. There is nothing comparable.

This is by no means any disgrace of any other firms. Certainly every one isdoing good work.

Regards,

Kamran.
@kamranAca , Brother we know AFF is CLASS outrated.. the point to note here is the training contract.. I guess you are an old and most experienced memeber here , and u know what the practical world is , please guide us more about this subject matter !!

Plus i have a question, in AFF ISlamabad , mostly trainnes are send over to Afghanistan for audits and i have heard by many people that its just a waste of time !! There's no scope and in other words KHUWARI !!

Another thing is that , 90% of the listed companies clients have KPMG as their auditors ... is this true ??

A trainne in AFF after 3 years will be having experience of just 4 to 5 Different Audits but compared to KPMG, E&Y and others 'll be having more than 20 AUDITS !!

I might be wrong but thats what i heard from the above level professional .. Please Kamran bahi help all of us out here !!
thank you all for your well wishes, i had interview in AFF sum where 2 weeks ago, and in EY it was on Friday, although it is going on till Monday, so dont worry friends u will get a call soon. )
Mohsin, which city are you from?
@masroor

Yeah i did O/A levels (straight A's) and ACCA in 2 years, but dude marks doesn't matter, focus on straight first attempts. No one bothered to ask me marks anywhere.
@Kamran bhai

can u please elaborate about the 'institution'? I surely didn't get it.

Im doing CFA too, so which sec would be the best in AFF to start, in terms of asset management clients?
Mohsin ur a gem ) !!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5