Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Query about articleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done cat and acca papers F 4,6,8 and will give F 5,7 in next attempt in june. Now i am based in peshawar but ma family is now shifting to rwp,becuz of my father's posting. So plz tell me are there any firms in rwp/isb to recruit part acca qualified students. And one more thing i want to ask is about contract. I have heard that u must write a contract with firm for 3 yrs, isint it for less period like 2 yrs, because may be my father will get posting some where else after 2 yrs. Will be thankful for your reply.
Ford Rhodes and KPMG have been known to take ACCA students, however even they take only professional level students. Among the smaller firms you might also find some who would consider part qualified ACCAs.

As for the contract Im not sure myself you should refer to the ICAP website, however Ive heard people leaving firms to join others though it is not considered a good thing. Anyway, I think you should consider whats best for your career, if you are able to get into a good firm over here you shouldnt leave it if your family is shifting somewhere else. At this time sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the future, and we know people younger than us study in different countries for the sake of their futures.
Thanks for your promt reply, can u tell me about firms which take acca part qualified students in rw/isb.
I mentioned already that amongst the big 4 only E&Y and KPMG take students, I dont know about others as they are so many. Go to ICAP's website and get the numbers of the firms and you can ask them. Or google their websites.