Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Top Universities of the World!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'd like everyone to name the best universities of the world according to our accountancy and management fields...

Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge are just the names that we hear everyday... There are so many others that are considered extraordinary... So I request everyone to chip in with their preferred and/or favourite universities/colleges that they'd be ready to go at any given day, any given time!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'd like everyone to name the best universities of the world according to our accountancy and management fields...

Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge are just the names that we hear everyday... There are so many others that are considered extraordinary... So I request everyone to chip in with their preferred and/or favourite universities/colleges that they'd be ready to go at any given day, any given time!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Though both, Oxford and Cambridge, don't offer any course at undergraduate level that is directly related to Management / Accountancy fields, but they both have business schools now that offer world class MBA's. The London School of Economics, the world class centre for the social sciences, is also a household name when you talk about the accountancy/management subjects. So, for the UK you have Cambridge, Oxford & LSE. Though, if you broaden your area, i.e. if you include the Engineering too then you also have Imperial College, which is equally known for its prestige in research and development. Infact, the Finance Professor, the Head of Finance at Imperial, is Chief Advisor on Housing Market to Hon. Tony Blair, UK Prime Minister.

For US, certainly you have the Ivy League universities, which are renowned as target universities in some of the world's most competitive industries, such as Investment Banking, Strategic Consulting, Actuarial Profesiion etc.

So, Top Universities in the World are, (depends how you look at it, which parameters you use to define them, but broadly speaking people think the following universities as the top 'overall' in the world)

1. Harvard,
2. Cambridge
3. Stanford
4. Berkeley
5. MIT
6. Oxford
7. UPenn
8. LSE
9. (Other Ivy League)

DT

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I think the best aim would be to get the 'maximum' scores in the examinations,whereever and whichever university you are at, as that what employers rate the most. The university, certainly, comes at the second number. Remember, its the 'potential' thats more required by any employer rather than the actual result.

Also, who cares about getting into the world's best university, when you could land to the same job while going to the second tier university. In this way, atleast you could save thousands of dollars/pounds, as the Ivy League universities costs a heck lot of money. Moreover, as the presnt Labour Party, the present UK govt., is shaking its education system, we, the UK students, could also end up with similar debts as an average Ivy Leaguer end up.
Ask any Ivy-leaguer or an international student studying at the premier league university in UK, about how much do they pay!!

DT