Accountancy Forum

Full Version: A F Ferguson & Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AoA
I am studying in CA Mod. D.I passed modules A,B,C in my first attempt.I got more than 85% marks in Matric & FSc.How do you rate my chances of getting into Ferguson for articleship.I would also like to know the procedure for getting an articleship in Ferguson?
You should have a good chance. But remember academics is not the only thing that matters. Almost as important is confidence and how you carry yourself and your ability to speak to people.

You should read some of the other threads or use the search function to find out about the application procedure, it has been discussed many times and people cant keep answering the same questions again and again! AFF usually take application through their website though.
Thanks Aimaad22.i also want to know whether a good reference is an essential requisite to get articleship in ferguson?and by the way when does ferguson lahore start hiring?Should i contact them before Mod D exams or after since ferguson's site says that those who have passed 3 modules can apply?
I think as far as this session goes they have already taken applications and maybe even hired. Though Im not sure about Lahore because Im in Islamabad. If they allow you to apply then there is no harm in trying your luck, if unsuccessful then apply again after you give mod D.

People have different views regarding references. Some say its important some say its not. Ive met both people who've used references and also those who got in on purely merit. During this recruitment session I myself by the grace of Allah got into AFF without any reference. Another member on this forum also did the same. So its definitely possible. If you have a good test and interview you'll get in inshAllah. No doubt some people use references, its a part of our culture, but its definitely not essential. There are many people who get in without references.
Concentrating on clearing your CA Intermediate at first, one step at a time man. Don't think so far ahead in future, when time comes you will get in InshaAllah.