Accountancy Forum

Full Version: AFFILIATES - How on earth did you pass P2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's such an annoying subject and the course is so lengthy. I am having problems with standards. When I read the text I seem to understand pretty much everything, but when I open the exam kit, the questions about standards in Section B are ridiculously tough. Also Questions which deals with Current Issues are strange. I got 71% in F7 and I thought I would do well in P2 as it's an extension of it, but I actually hate this paper. P1 seems like a baby in front of it. Any tips how to deal with it? I am extremely pessimistic about my chances of passing this paper.
It is a monster of a paper, probably the most difficult in ACCA. Course is lengthy like you say and some of the topics are extremely technical. But at this stage near completion we are expected to be upto this standard.

Like many people I always felt I would never pass this so I completely understand your feelings, nevertheless its possible and some people even do well it when they dont expect it. The good thing is you know you will get 30-35 marks question in consolidation, so if you practice that a lot and get a good grip on things you will have a good chance. Doing standards is a must of course and you must have theoretical knowledge as well as practical application practice of all the major standards. The only other advice I can give you is that many people make the mistake of not doing learning theory for this paper and concentrating on the calculations. Thats a big mistake and theory carries a lot of marks in P2.

Other than that all you can do is practice practice and practice. And pray. After its over and you pass it will be well worth it.

yaar p2 is not difficult . you have to focus on consolidation and ifrs 2, 3 , 8 and 5 and remaining ias

thats it