Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Communication in an Office ...Thanks to technology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ringgggggg……… Ringgggggggg……….Rinnnnggggg…………..

<b>James</b> Hello Bob? James Here. Did you review the contract I sent you?...

<b>Bob-</b>Yes, its done...

<b>James-</b>So it’s finished? will you send it to me by e-mail?

<b>Bob-</b> What’s your email address?

<b>James-</b> My e-mail address? Frankly, I don’t remember it !!!
- Just a minute, let me check.

<b>James-</b>NICOOOLE, ... WHAT’S MY E-MAIL ADDRESS?

<b>Nicole</b> abc@def.com

<b>James-</b> No, no, that’s my home e-mail address!

<b>Nicole</b> I dont know sir, wait sir, let me find your email address......

<b>James-</b> Listen, I can’t find it. Let me check and call you back.

<b>Bob-</b> I going out for lunch......

<b>James-</b> Oh!... You’re going for lunch...

<b>Bob-</b> Yeah....

<b>James</b>OK, I’ll send you the address by fax. You’ll have it when you get back. OK?

<b>Bob-</b> OK...

<b>James</b>OK. So give me your fax number.

<b>Bob-</b> I dont know the fax number James......

<b>James-</b> What!!!!! You don’t know it?

<b>James-</b> OK, here’s what we’ll do. You e-mail me your fax number and I’ll fax you my e-mail address.
No, that won’t work. Wait, I’m getting mixed up... Let me think... So… Hum… OK… Well… Yeah…
What’s your cell-phone number?

<b>Bob-</b> Actually my battery is dead....

<b>James-</b> Oh, your battery is dead ... Mine too...OK, listen, here’s what we’ll do...
You charge your cell-phone battery, I’ll call you in a couple of hours and leave you my e-mail address in your voice mail. Then you take my e-mail address in your voice mail and you e-mail me your fax number. Then I can fax you my e-mail address. That’s plan A. Now for plan B!
I send myself an e-mail to see what my e-mail address is and then I record a message for you in my voice mail....…when you get it, you send me the answer on my pager...…so then, I send you a fax with my e-mail address.

<b>Bob-</b> It seems complicated James.....

<b>James-</b> Complicated? No, it’s not at all complicated. We just need a bit of coordination... and luck...

<b>Bob-</b> HHHHHMMmmmm.............

<b>James</b> There’s also a third possibility that’s much simpler plan C... You send me the contract directly by express messenger.
Yeah!... It’s the best plan strategically speaking...

<b>James-</b> But actually, I have a small question...…what was I supposed to send you by e-mail? My e-mail address, my fax number, my cell number, pager, telephone?

<b>Bob-</b> I dont know James....

<b>James-</b> Oh! You don’t remember either. It would probably be a good idea to have periodic bilateral coordination meetings concerning protocols for internal communications. But anyway, since your office is at the other end of the corridor, I’ll come by to pick it up in 2 minutes... OK? Bye!

<b>And the moral…</b>
Thanks to technology, we can now waste time with an efficiency until now unimaginable, all in the name of saving time…

SMR

Edited by - smraza on May 06 2004 54846 PM
Assalam O Alaikum,
LOL SMRaza, it is really funny.
But let me tell u something look u can't say that technology is a good mean to waste time. OK?
ALLAH HAFIZ

Make efforts not excuses!