Accountancy Forum

Full Version: KAMRAN bhai plz comment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam,

Sir i have option to join AFF in ERP or FRSH in audit(BOTH LAHORE OFFICES).I am ACCA affiliate and want to get job after articles in Middle east ...What will u advise in terms of pay scales and job oppurtunities in Middle East in the foreseeable future..

Regards,
Dear

PWC is the best firm all over the world including middle east region. Choosing between ERP and Audit is not a big issue since AFF will also not end up your entire career in ERP. I believe they put a student in ERP maximum for one year or so. Eventually every one learns audit regardless of the department he takes his flight from. Further, Training Regulations require thorough rotation in all fields with a greater amount of time in Audit. I hope ERP in AFF will also not destroy your career.

Besides the above ERP will add up advantages to your subsequent Audit experience as well. However, notwithstanding any of above lines, I know ERP students are extremely frustrated due to hard working conditions and lesser amount of their interest.

FRSH at Lahore is a very good firm which provides very quality training as well and at middle east they are also very good.

Now, you try to confirm that whether or not AFF transfers/rotates its students fro ERP to Audit. If it rotates and at ERP a student is not kept for more than a year or so, there is no harm to join AFF.

However, if ERP students do not properly get rotated (which I do not believe) then you should join EY (FRSH).

Regards,

KAMRAN.
yar join AFF in ERP........no doubt about that...They have started rotating students to audit...so even if they make u stay in ERP for 2 years and even 1 year in audit...its still worth it.....because ERP will give you edge over others....
First time ferguson is hiring ACCA affiliates and they are exclusively hiring for ERP assignment.and i heard that they would pay very gud stipend to ACCA .and there would be no rotation.and in this hiring they refused to offer CA articles.because in CA articles firms have to rotate students under ICAP training requirement.so a person joining would be SAP professional in Future.and this is rewarding career.
If training is exclusively for ERP, then I must advise for E&Y audit unless some one is geared for altogether ERP profession in future.

Regards,
@MR.KAMRAN...

sir,

what in your opinion is more rewarding in terms of salary packages in the coming future although ERP take you away from the basic accounting and finance profession...

Some of my seniors who are in Middle east told me that EPR professionals are paid more than the accounting and audit professioanal now adays and the trend will remain the same in the coming future too...

what are your thoughts about it..
yes...as of now...i can say that...of my colleagues...those who had ERP experience do find jobs with higher salary.........also for nowadays...they find job quickly ...whereas many audit trained students are jobless....

if its only for ERP and no rotation to audit,....then its a matter of personal preference in my view...y
Noman is right in saying that it is the matter of personal preference. Neither you can guarantee someone's future nor his Rizq in any manner. To my apprehension both opportunities can be equally rewarding.

Regards,
hmm...thx brothers for ur opinions...jazakALLAH..
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me in deciding which firm- pwc or ey, is a better firm to go to from student's perspective also once you complete your articles, does firm name matter alot?
hope to get a reply very soon!
Go for AFF. If you are in one of the Big Four, in terms of jobs abroad, it doesn't really matter which firm have you been trained from. From student's perspective, AFF provides higher training quality in Pakistan.
well I guess you are right about AFF, But I had already signed with EY before I got an offer from pwc and taking back documents from EY seems Impossible, so I guess EY it is for me!
But I would really like to know if there is/was anyone in a similar situation like mine..
and also it would be great if people share their experiences of working with EY.