Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA or ACCA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
What is the basic difference b/w CA and ACCA? What are the career opportunities for both of them? Which one is together?
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=582

this link will help u i think.
In Pakistan (and middle east also) CA is better than ACCA but in other countries like uk, canada, australia or usa etc. ACCA might be better

ACCA is easier as compared to CA

CA has better scope in Pakistan and CA qualified can practice in Pakistan but ACCA cannot

CA is cheap while ACCA is costly

Career opportunities and pay scales are much better for CAs in Pakistan
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bizmen</i>
<br />In Pakistan (and middle east also) CA is better than ACCA but in other countries like uk, canada, australia or usa etc. ACCA might be better

ACCA is easier as compared to CA

CA has better scope in Pakistan and CA qualified can practice in Pakistan but ACCA cannot

CA is cheap while ACCA is costly

Career opportunities and pay scales are much better for CAs in Pakistan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Agreed with bizmen here
bhai CA ke baaray mein to kuch kehne ki zaroorat nahin.. everybody knows that they earn a lot.

as far as ACCA is concerned and its scope in Pakistan, do one thing.. go to linkedin and search for acca in Pakistan. U will see that most are working in good positions (without any other qualification).

now coming to your question of which one is tougher, let me tell you that as both are professional accountancy qualifications, so the course content is to some extent similar for eg. corporate reporting and financial accounting is same (following IAS, IFRS). Auditing is also like that (following ISA), law, tax.
the major difference is that way they are tested and exam format. so you cannot say that one is tougher than the other. however, if you mean by tougher that which is one passes easily, then let me tell you that you can check the pass rate of ACCA on their website (normally between 35%-50%) for different papers, which means that passing is not a piece of cake. ICAP does not publish its pass rate but there is a PERCEPTION amongst many that it fails many times just for the sake of it. whether this perception is true or not is debatable.

Rgds,
Dear

If you think ACCA is easy than you should prove it........ ACCA is much tougher and examinations continuously use scenario format that ca dont have meaning acca is tough. Further ca do not study advanced financial management so how can you say that ca is tougher and with respect to job opportunities ca demand 100,000 or more while an acca can do it just for 50,000 in a particual case..

I know a lot of people who have ACCA qualification that have higher posts in pakistan..
Yeah i agree with you ACCA is not easy although i myself am from CA waiting or final 3 papers results still i refered ACca books for my CA studies the benifit of diong ACCA is u actually know y u failed and the books are very well organised and the answers are well designed and errorless further more acca papers test knowlegde however CA papers are normally a mixture of cramming ability and knowlegde

but one think i will disagree with you is that in CA we also study advance financial management what you call P7 and old 3.7 we have subject of module f titled as Bussiness and finance decisions catering this area...!!!!!

but the ACCA has some topics in addition to our BFD subject...rather most of the topics are same..!!!1

i would recommend you do ACCA as its passing rate and books are very good ...if u done have and financial issues..
the best way ios that you go for ACCA than do CA byu just giving two final modules and consequently you can also go for ICAEW and CIMA you wil get loads of attractive exemptions from exam papers ...best of luck1!!!!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arslan125</i>
<br />Dear

If you think ACCA is easy than you should prove it........ ACCA is much tougher and examinations continuously use scenario format that ca dont have meaning acca is tough. Further ca do not study advanced financial management so how can you say that ca is tougher and with respect to job opportunities ca demand 100,000 or more while an acca can do it just for 50,000 in a particual case..

I know a lot of people who have ACCA qualification that have higher posts in pakistan..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Eeryone keeps telling me ACCA is expensive? What is the range? Is scholarship offered?
NOt so expensive see acca website search on google but the payment is in pounds so its bit expensive in rs!!
inally posted by maira[/i]
<br />Eeryone keeps telling me ACCA is expensive? What is the range? Is scholarship offered?
[/quote]