Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Encashment of Medical Leave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is encashment of medical leave allowed under labour laws?
write the same sentence in google, u will findout ur required ans )
No dear, annual leave encashment vary company to company as per company policies and there is no compulsion of encashing medical leav in any labor law.
Thank you for your respose.
I have gone through The Factories Act, 1934,th Shops and Establishments Ordinance, 1969 and the Industrial & Commercial Employment (Standing Orders)Ordinance, 1968 and the case law. I have come to the conclusion that the law makers have left it up to the establishment to make leave rules and standing orders as it deem fit provided that the rules so made do not contravene any of the existaing law.

It seems that in the neighbering countries the relevant laws have been amended to provide for encashment of earned leave/medical leave.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ciapk</i>
<br />No dear, annual leave encashment vary company to company as per company policies and there is no compulsion of encashing medical leav in any labor law.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">