Accountancy Forum

Full Version: confused with optional level papers - need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody i am acca professional module student.I am just confused which paper to select from optional level and still not able to make a decision. can anybody tell which paper to select from optional level paper p4,p5 and p7.my decision is to go for paper p4 and p7 but i have heard that p4 is tough paper. plz do reply and also explain the scope if i not select paper p4 and go for paper p5.
which paper is most important from practical point of view.i will be highly thankful to u

regards
awais
It depends on which career do you want. If you want to be in audit firm, go for P6 and P7. If you want to progress your career in financial management then go for P4
hi thanks for helping me out but i want to know how much difficult is paper p4 i am deciding to go for paper p5 and p7.is this okay and i want to work in audit firm
Yeah, that's fine too
P5 and P7 are the best options for you If you want to work in a firm.

But keep in mind the optional dont matter that much. Your career wont be decided by them, nobody will even ask you about usually during job interview etc. They really dont make a big difference. Take the ones you find most interesting or the subjects you are good at.

The only exception is when you are planning to do ICAEW because than you should take P6 in order to get more exemptions.