Accountancy Forum

Full Version: industry or firm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends my name is saad and i am student of ACCA.I am finalist and waiting for my result. i want to know which option is better after ACCA joining the industry or the audit firm?.will it be better if im recruited as finance trainee in a company or join an audit firm as an audit trainee.which of the two option would be advisable for an ACCA keeping keeping in mind the future prospects?.please kindly help me with this and please be honest in your opinion.
I think this question has already been raised. Audit firm experience is more indepth, broad, and technical
so u think it is better to join an audit firm then joining the industry? actually i just want to figure out what is the difference btw the two in term career prospects?
as mentioned above, the training that one gets in an audit firm is incomparable to an industry. however, the questions that you need to ask yourself are

1) are you looking to get another qualification. if yes and if that other qualification is CA, phir to firm mein hi jaana paray ga. however, on the other hand, if you plan to pursue CFA or MBA or CImA or nothing, then you can start with a company.

2) the second question is more important which is that if you have a family to raise. i mean if your family is dependent on you or not bcz going into the audit firm will mean 3 more years of no earning (stipend to na honay k barabar hoti hai and waisay bhi, against the quality of training, the stipend is immaterial. if you go for the industry, you will gradually grow and learn the ropes and move up the career ladder.

my personal opinion is that if you are able to get into any of the big4, then grab the opportunity by the scruff of its neck. otherwise, go for the industry, work hard and trust god if you are not an atheist -)
@arsenal.gooner i wont go for ca....i might go for cfa or mba depends on the situation.....now would it be advisable to join the industry and one more thing agar mein industry join karta hun tu kya mein senior positions pe jaa sakta hoon? or ill stay at junior level
let me answer your second question first

"not all LUMS grads are CEOs and not all BCOMs are clerks"

what i am trying to say is that yes qualification matters to a certain extent, but more importantly, aap mein kitna dam hai. if you are good enough and capable, then you will surely climb your career ladder. experience is very very important and the more experienced you are, the better are your chances of landing a better job.

you can begin with the industry and continue your CFA or MBA simultaneously. i am saying this because if you are planning to do CFA, then surely your area of interest would be financial management and analysis. here, the audit experience will although help, but not as much because, in a firm, you will basically deal with auditing and taxation. however, if you are able to get into the consultancy dept, then it may help.

Hope this answers your question.

Rgds,
If CFA is your ultimate goal, then teaching is a good option. But not just any teaching, but teaching, for example, skills level paper of ACCA. Then you would be able to avail the discount for CFA
@arsenal and dard thank u both of u.... i am planning to join a good company as a finance trainee.... by the way arsenal r u working smwhr and what are your qualifications?
im not working. i am a CA drop out