Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA after ACCA or direct?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am just wondering where to start my CA journey? Should I do ACCA before and than CA? Because I will hold two degrees at the end of session; and also I may have only ACCA degree, if I unable to finish my CA.

Secondly, anyone experienced with this situtation, that he first done ACCA and than CA?

Thirdly, is ACCA and CA anyway related to business management like financial topics, banking, E-commerce...?

Thanks! )
Asalam u Alikum

Hi,

It would be better that you complete ACCA before going for CA because of the following reasons
1 Even if you were unable to complete CA you would still have the ACCA Qualification.
2 ACCA students are required to undergo 3 years mandatory training, the 3 yrs could be spent on the audit firm and you can register your self as a CA student that will save time (Students entering the CA profession via ACCA are requide to complete 3 Years training as per ICAP).
3 Most of the subjects of ACCA are similar to CA Final Subjects, hence your ACCA qualification will help you in your studies for CA.

Regards
Thanks... Is the three years training required for every CA institute?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by messsi</i>
<br />Thanks... Is the three years training required for every CA institute?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

there is only one CA institute of Pakistan which the great and honorable and respectable ICAP (sorry i went overboard -)) the training requirement of ICAP is 3 years which extends to 3.5 years if you are unable to clear module E and F in first attempt.
Yes good should first do ACCA than CA.i have many friends who did this and are very sucessful.
and there is good magnitutude of financial managment in ACCA and CA. you will enjoy it!!!
regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by messsi</i>
<br />Hello,
I am just wondering where to start my CA journey? Should I do ACCA before and than CA? Because I will hold two degrees at the end of session; and also I may have only ACCA degree, if I unable to finish my CA.

Secondly, anyone experienced with this situtation, that he first done ACCA and than CA?

Thirdly, is ACCA and CA anyway related to business management like financial topics, banking, E-commerce...?

Thanks! )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thank you ).
Another worst question... If I do ACCA without training, can I join ICAP while doing my training? And appear in exams of Module E and F?
Or first I need complete three years training for just getting entry in ICAP?
no you can do CA and ACCA training simultaneously.