Accountancy Forum

Full Version: AccA to CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salamz
kindly tell me whether ill first have to complete my 1.5 yrs of articles and then ill be allowed to give module E exams ( i am about to complete my AccA , and will be using the exemption.)
Also tell be whether my previous experiance of articles at ford rhodes sidat hyder count in th required 4 yrs of articles for ICAP.

Live life to the MAX, but dont forget to pray......
Well, if you are about to complete your ACCA and you have also spend some time in FRSH, then you will be well aware that the ACCA have not been given sufficient exemption in ICAP papers and only restricted to the level of two years of foundation. As regards the articleship, your period for that shall commence only when you will be registered with ICAP and complete ,i think, 3 years of articles and during that period you will sit for the final level exams, as stated in the yellow booklet of ICAP.

Thnx for the reply. Kindly confirm that AccA's get exemption from Module A--D.
If its just the foundation level that is exempt(as u say), then what good is AccA? Icap is making a fool of AccA!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Thnx for the reply. Kindly confirm that AccA's get exemption from Module A--D.
If its just the foundation level that is exempt(as u say), then what good is AccA? Icap is making a fool of AccA!!!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

After ACCA, you are exempted from module A to D... Which means you will have to appear for Module E and Module F and also do THREE years of articles with a firm 'recognized by ICAP' no matter how much previous experience you might have.

How good is FRSH as an audit firm?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
How good is FRSH as an audit firm?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Comes in the Top Four of Pakistan... Fordes Rhodes Sidat Haider (Ernest & Young)

I do know that it comes in the top 4 but how would you rate it compared to, say, Ferguson as far as clientele, work envoirnment and senior management is concerned?

I do know that it comes in the top 4 but how would you rate it compared to, say, Ferguson as far as clientele, work envoirnment and senior management is concerned?

Actually I've been trying my level best to find a list from an any authentic source which lists firms of Pakistan according to all those comparators you mentioned, but I couldn't find any...

You'd find everyone rating firms differently... However, my perception forces me to rate it as 'no.4'!

If you'd like to know abt the forum members' opinion, you can check our previous topics relating to top firms

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=179

Hope that helps!

After ACCA, you are exempted from module A to D... Which means you will have to appear for Module E and Module F and also do THREE years of articles with a firm 'recognized by ICAP' no matter how much previous experience you might have.

You are right, ACCA get exemption from the foundation and intermediate examination.

As regards the selection of firm, i think if you had owrked for the FRSH you should continue your job as it gets very difficult to adjust in a very new different environment, as we have pretty different atmoshere varying from firm to firm....