Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Doing acca from UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam0alikum

I m sure that this question has been asked a million times before but I have searched around and they are quite old. So, I thought I should ask once again. I really need your advice. I m thinking of doing my rest of ACCA from uk. At this december sitting I INSHALLAH will clearig my half of acca(first 7 paper).
Now the thing is I have everything ready for the visa(uk)requirements, college fees etc. just need to make the final move. But I m having second thoughts. The only reason I want to go there is that I think I will be exposed to more opportunities, different experiences which shape a person in one way or another. Because London is supposed to be the financial capital of the world. As I have never been to a university I dont wanna left behind on personal grooming skills like communication skills etc. I hope you are getting what point I am trying to make here.
Anyways I just want to know if you can get into a good firm. How to get a work permit? Is that very difficult to get? Moreover, I plan on doing CA(ICAEW) or CFA after ACCA. Will going to UK help in this matter or not? I have heared its very difficult to get a training contract for CA(ICAEW), nearly impossible. What is your take on that?
pleaz reply fast
WOW this looks like EXACTLY the post i posted a year and a while back. Its like carbon copy LOL. Anyways I was exactly in your shoes. Had the same situation and same objectives that you have now. Everything was ready and packed. Just needed an airplane ticket. BUT i didn't go through with it. I acted upon the advice of Mr. Toronto boy who advised me to stay here in pak and complete my ACCA here, and I did. And I have never regretted it.A lot of my friends went there and they say its hard to find a job there. Now I am not saying this to discourage you but just telling you what I know. The ultimate decision is up to you. Everyone is different and luck also plays a vital role. But if I were you I would just wait a little bit longer and may be go there when I got only six or so months left in ACCA. That way you will atleast have 2 or 3 papers left, will have more knowledge and less worries of exams.. And then you can work on your personal grooming skills. Also this will save you a lot of time and effort. One of the biggest advantage of completing ACCA is that you get affiliate at a young age and have all the time in the worls to work on your skill set. My whole family was moving to Canada last year but I forced them to stay here as long as i am studying for ACCA. So i know what you are going through. We sudents are living in a dream world here in PAK. So better enjoy it while it lasts. Everyone loves their home but trap them there and they will start to hate it.

Again as I said everyone is different so what applies to me doesn't apply to you (necessarily). Do what YOU think is best for YOU.
All this is my 2 cents. Take it with a grain of salt.

Goodluck for your future.

Regards.

Golf khelnay k liay Proper Ground or Golf Accessories ka hona bohat zaroori hay. Jis main uss ki Golf Stick hoti hay Aur kuch Bolain Aur special carpiting hoti hay.
thanks Mr.isookvi
actually it is a carbon copy bcoz i have the same situtaion
and will you plz let me know about is it hard to find first job or every job mean articals or proper job

and Mr.yasir will you plz eleborate

Agar Aap k pass golf ka proper atmosphere nahi hay Tu khelnay main bhi maza nahi ayega. Iss ki special Stick hoti hain jo personal bhi hoti hain jin per aap ka haath set ho jata hay.Special carpeting iss liay zaroori hay takay boll k movement sahi rahhay jesay aap direct karo. Ordinary carpeting main Boll yahan wahaan ho jati hay which is not fair.

Hope above is Elaborated.

regards.
tum kia bech mai golf ghusair rahy ho yasir? kia msla hai? kia outman ny tumko as assistant rkh lia hai [p] bilawja un ki baaton mai taag i mean golf ara rahy ho
@Fareeduddinbabar
I have no idea what kind of job is difficult to find in uk. But I guess like everywhere else the first job is the most difficult because experience matters a lot. What I have said above is totally what I have heard from a few friends who went to uk so I don't have any first hand experience. Hopefully someone who is currently residing in uk can give you a better picture or if you have any friends there try to contact them.

Regards.