Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Difference between ICMA, ACCA, CIMA, CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aslamo Alikum guys,
I am not a student of Information Tech...but now I am planning to turn towards accounting..I am deeply stuck with the understandings of the differences between ACMA, CIMA, ACCA, CA...cann't decide which is the best one and which one should I choose...can some one help me in this plzzzzzzz I will be gr8ful
regards,
Diwan

regards,
Rayan

regards,
Rayan
atleast some one should reply yar plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rayan

regards,
Rayan
ACMA relates to Cost and Management Accountancy
ACCA relates to Financial and Cost Accountancy and is a UK based qualification
CA relates to Financial Accountancy and is a Pakistan based qualification

its 3rd day, and I am still waiting for the answers...I have also requested to tell me which one is the best to chose for the career??
regards,
Rayan

regards,
Rayan
A-O-A,
Dear Diwan,
As you asked about differences between four major bodies. CIMA and ICMAP both are Cost and Management accountancy bodies both have same degree ACMA. CIMA is UK based Institute and ICMAP is Pakistan based Institute.
CA and ACCA is based on Advanced accounting. ACCA is UK based qualification and CA is Pakistani Based.

What qualification is best? you cannot say properly what is best. I personally think it is all about what can you afford. CIMA and ACCA are slightly costly as campared to ICMA and ICAP.

If you can afford you can do CIMA after completing CIMA you will be exempted from all papers of ICMAP. After completing ACCA and CIMA you will be exempted from Module A to D of ICAP.

Here is some resources you can visit and explore Syllabus etc

www.accaglobal.com
www.cimaglobal.com
www.icmap.com.pk
www.icap.org.pk

Best of Luck

Sohail

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
A-O-A,
Dear Diwan,
As you asked about differences between four major bodies. CIMA and ICMAP both are Cost and Management accountancy bodies both have same degree ACMA. CIMA is UK based Institute and ICMAP is Pakistan based Institute.
CA and ACCA is based on Advanced accounting. ACCA is UK based qualification and CA is Pakistani Based.

What qualification is best? you cannot say properly what is best. I personally think it is all about what can you afford. CIMA and ACCA are slightly costly as campared to ICMA and ICAP.

If you can afford you can do CIMA after completing CIMA you will be exempted from all papers of ICMAP. After completing ACCA and CIMA you will be exempted from Module A to D of ICAP.

Here is some resources you can visit and explore Syllabus etc

www.accaglobal.com
www.cimaglobal.com
www.icmap.com.pk
www.icap.org.pk

Best of Luck

Sohail

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

ICAP is giving Exemption of Module A to D weather you have completed ACCA or CIMA. You also have to do 3 years of Articleship.

<font face='Verdana'>
salaaaaaam all,
mr. diwan, kindly refer to the archieves of past 3-4 months, u will get enough material abt ur query, v have been discussing these issues thoroughly.
neway, u can group together these qualifications in two categories,
CIMA and ACMA r in one group. CIMA is UK based n internationally respected qualification, while ACMA of ICMAP is pakistan-based. both deal in financial mgmt. and mgmt. accounting n cover broad areas of other business qualification.
ACCA n CA r in second group. ACCA is UK based n internationally recognized while CA of ICAP is pakistan-based. they also deal in very diverse dimensions of business environment, but their main n important areas r audit n taxation but they do many other things as well
in job n real life, the differences among these four qualifications start blurring as u gert more n more experience n exposure to corporate environment where ppl from different qualifications team up n coordinate with each other n exchange knowledge.
all of these four r typically suitable for persuing a career in corporate sector (but they can work in any other environment as well)
ur choice depends upon wht ur interests n abilities r n wht u want to do. all these r good. CIMA is generally supposed to b better among these on several basis, however.
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN