Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Date of Furnishing annual income tax return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can any one plz tell what is the last date to furnish a income tax return of salaries individual, aop and companies, waiting for your reply.
9. CHANGE IN DEADLINE FOR FILING OF ANNUAL STATEMENT BY
THE EMPLOYER [Section 118(3)]
Sub-section (3) of section 118 has been substituted to provide for change in
deadline for furnishing of annual statement of deduction of income tax from salary to be filed by an employer of an individual, return of income trough e-portal in the case of a salaried person or a statement required under sub-section (4) of section 115 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 from 30th day of September after the end of tax year to 31st day of August after the end of tax year.
Last date for filing of income tax return in the case of individual and AOPs (30th
September) remains unchanged. Also the deadline for filing of income tax return
in the cases of the companies remains unchanged
olympia, annual employer statment aur annual income tax return same hai na>! aur agar aisa hai to employee ki income tax return hame 31st August ko jama karani hogi.
No both are different & last date for furnishing of Annual Employer Statement is 31st Aug 2010.
to phr salary individual ki i.tax return submit karane ki last kia hai.
Annual Employer statement mn employees ki salary mn s jo deductions ki jati for the whole year, show ki jati hai
sorry i mean to say that k salary individual ki annual income tax return jama karane ki last date kia hai.
sep 30 2010
oh thanks, asal hamara tax lawer keh raha tha k salary individual ki i.tax return jama karane ki last date 31st august hai to main confuse ho gaya tha.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanejaz2009</i>
<br />oh thanks, asal hamara tax lawer keh raha tha k salary individual ki i.tax return jama karane ki last date 31st august hai to main confuse ho gaya tha.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It is the old post and probably you would have come to know up to now that your tax lawyer was right. according to s.118(3) last date of filing return of salaried individual is 31st August, 2001.
S.118(3) says,

In case of
i. Annual Statement of Deduction of income tax from salary filed by the employer of an individual
ii. return of income through e-portal in case of salaried person, or
iii. a statement required under sub-section (4) of s. 115,

on or before the 31st Day of August next following the end of tax year to which the return.......... relates

By proviso to s.115(1), every salried person having salary income exceeding 5 lacs has to file return electronically.
What happens if one fails to submit his annual income tax returns on define date. I am talking about individual salaried person.

Regards,
Yasir Khan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by student_of_law</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanejaz2009</i>
<br />oh thanks, asal hamara tax lawer keh raha tha k salary individual ki i.tax return jama karane ki last date 31st august hai to main confuse ho gaya tha.

It is the old post and probably you would have come to know up to now that your tax lawyer was right. according to s.118(3) last date of filing return of salaried individual is 31st August, 2001.
S.118(3) says,

In case of
i. Annual Statement of Deduction of income tax from salary filed by the employer of an individual
ii. return of income through e-portal in case of salaried person, or
iii. a statement required under sub-section (4) of s. 115,

on or before the 31st Day of August next following the end of tax year to which the return.......... relates

By proviso to s.115(1), every salried person having salary income exceeding 5 lacs has to file return electronically.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by quaidian</i>
<br />What happens if one fails to submit his annual income tax returns on define date. I am talking about individual salaried person.

According to s.182(1) of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001, where a person fails to file return on time he shall pay a penalty equal to 0.1% of the tax payable for each day of default subject to a minimum penalty of five thousand rupees and maximum of 25% of the tax payable.

What if no tax is payable? There may be two interpretations. One, that I support, is that minimum punishment of five thousand rupees will apply even where no tax is payable. The other interpretation is that penalty is related to tax payable if there is no tax payable no penalty.

Appellate Tribunal has consistently adopted the latter interpretation in its judgments reported as 2011 PTD 184, 2010 PTD 1470, 2010 PTD 1394.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by quaidian</i>
<br />What happens if one fails to submit his annual income tax returns on define date. I am talking about individual salaried person.

This post is very much pertinent to my question posted recently on this post.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=27179

Only difference is I am looking for individual business person rather than individual salaried person.

I would like to know, if there is <i><b>NO TAX PAYABLE</b></i> in previous years, is it still possible to file the returns for last (or previous) year?. If so, what are the penalties/charges?

A definite reference to any tribunal decision or such support would be icing on the cake [)].