Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Salary Personnel Income Tax - Last Date
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Plz any one can help me answering the following queries?

1. When I login to the FBR site the 2010 option is not available to file the return, 2009 is the latest available option. Anyone else facing the same issue? How will I file the return if 2010 is not available? I have heard last date is 31 August 2010?
2. What's the last date to file the income tax return of salaried individuals?
31st august hi hai,
Melleck Bhai,,,

Last date to 31 August hi hay,,, par FBR ko ye date barhani pary gi har hal may, to ap fikar na karyn, september ka mahina mil jaye ga ap ko return file karny k liye..
Agreed with laptop waisy may bhi check karchuka hoon 2010 ka option nahi hay
abhi fbr walay bhi clear nahi hain date announce kardi laikin apnay end per working nahi karpay
Dobara Check karo concultant bhai, ab ap file kar sakto ho Income Tax Return for the yera 2010
thanks may abhi check karlaita hoon
Thank you all for your support and responses. 2010 is now available on FBR's site and return can be filed under it.

I have just one other question. I will appreciate all your help in this regard. The question is that today I received tax certificate from my employer and it says that my total salary income was 496400 on which the last year's income tax was deducted on. Does this mean that I don't fall under the 500000 bracket to file the return and I am not required to file the income tax return this year? As I don't have any other source of income other than my salary. Thanks in advance.
If your Salary Income Is equal to or greater than Rs. 500,000 then you have to file the Income Tax Return. Now you need to confirm that the amount mentioned by you on the Post is either your total salary or taxable salary. i think it will be your taxable salary as it is mentioned on certificate provided by the employer and on certificate taxable salary is mentioned.

The difference between taxable salary and total salary is that total salary is the salary which is paid by the employer in accordance with the employment agreement and taxable salary is the salay which is calculated in accordance with the Tax Rules and on which your tax is deducted by the employer.

Now if your total salary is equal to or grater than 500,000 then you need to file Income Tax Return.

1) a person who owns an immpvable property with a land area of 250 square yards or more or owns any flat located in muncipal limits
2) owns immpvable property with a land area of 500 square yards or more located in rating area
3) owns a flat having covered area of 2,000 square feet or more lacated in a rating area.
4) owns a motor vehicle having engine capacity above 1000 CC
5) has NTN.
Kindly ignore the material mentioned in bullets. it is not relevanr to you.
I am confused now (

Well it is mentioned on my tax certificate "the gross salary amount = Rs. 496433 on which the tax is deducted. I guess this amount is my total salary and not the taxable income as it states gross salary amount?