Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ICAEW or ICAP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA.
Guys I recently became an ACCA affiliate. Have completed all my papers in first attempt Alhamdulillah.
I wanted to ask you whether I should claim exemptions in ICAP or ICAEW?
I know ICAP is good in Pakistan, but if I go for ICAEW, will I be able to get a good job in Pakistan?
Please help guys. Iam not asking about articles. just about job opportunities for ICAEW in Pakistan.
Thank You.
definitely ICAEW.. no two opinions on that.. even ICAP members are after ICAEW membership...

the problem is getting an ICAEW training contract.. if you are able to get one, then go for it. Once you are done with ICAEW, you can claim reciprocal membership of ICAP if you want.

Rgds,
Thank you very much for your advice. I will go for ICAEW. Also I should not claim exemptions for ICAP now? (and should get them later using ICAEW?)
yeah.. again if you can get an ICAEW training contract, just claim exemptions and complete your ACA. no need to go for ICAP unless you cant get a training contract..

Rgds,
Very Right, ICAEW will be very rewarding to u... ICAP can wait till u qualify ICAEW n then get everything exempted...