Accountancy Forum

Full Version: About Dr. Aafia Siddiqui
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all respectable members,

At present I am giving a topic, for which I don't know anything exactly and whenever I tried to have a consent from any one, a new aspect and story revealed to me.

So I would be obliged if you people have any proper explanation about her mysterious story.
what stories u heard?

i have also heard that she is not as innocent as our media is trying to prove
baqi Allah Behtar janta hay

but evenif its true
my prayers are with her
wish i could have done else too for her or people in situation like her in usa prisons

regards
yup mainy bhi mily july tbsry prhy hain dont know konsa sch hai konsa jhoot.
i think kami bhai or toronto can give us some info if they know.
Generally speaking, following the laws and policies of any country (whichever it is) is compuslory for all residents and citizens without any other discussion or room for debate.

We have to choose one of the two options; EITHER we don't ever settle down or stay at other countries (specially non-muslim ones) of which we by birth are not the citizens; OR if we have to do so, we should learn to remain harmless for such countries and obedient to their own policies and laws. This second part also applies on those who live there since birth because their parents settled there. There is no other way of survival in such cases. We should bear in mind that such laws and policies of other countries may happen to be against the muslims as well for one reason or the other, specially when we know they can never be our friends in essense.

I personally don't exactly know the real story behind this entire incident of Afia Siddiqui, yet I believe USA presumably has no benefit in capturing a help-less woman and punishing her like this without any justification since she is neither Iraq nor Al-qaida in her ownself. We usually never see American forces capturing harmless innocent females (even males) living in the areas around us. Why they only took people like Aimal Kansi, has now been proved with the passage of time. If you will reside at USA, engage yourself in smuggling and other deals of ammunition, and will also kill some CIA officials due to any disputes, what will they do? They will do what they have done with Aimal Kansi. I may be wrong, but I believe, in doing so they are/were rightful. If we will have such powers and someone will behave like this with us, we will also do similar things; and we have many instances where we have done similar things when we were in power. We need to study the history.

We should have same rules and principles when we tend to analyze something. If the Shahaadat of Babri Mosque is painful for us the demolishing of Somnat would be for someone else. The human sentiments have same weightage and instinct. The only thing which hinders the people to think justifiablly is the imbalance of power which has always played its role regardless of who-ever is/was in power.

Although I don't have fullest insight of Afia Siddiqui's case and I cannot comment on specific validity of the actions taken against her by USA, yet I wonder what an educated doctorate-holder America-based female was doing at Afghanistan during the times when every one was factually reluctant to go there; and what connections and roots with Afghanistan made her to undertake such visit and stay. Afia has her roots in Pakistan at Karachi, and I could not find her personalized connectivity at Afghanistan or with the people of Afghanistan. If she was on some research visit, it is still not known.

Whenever we have to think on this issue, we will have to explore this aspect as well. The answer to this question may bring in the answer to the question raised by Anamz in this thread.

Regards,

(edited for spelling mistakes).....
Hmmm waiting for these replies.

@ Kasim

I have heard many things.

About a month age I met the professor of Stony Brooke University, and he told me that she had very negative reputation in US as she was the member of Al-Qaida and so on...

One of my cousin, Barrister told me that there is nothing like this as American just have created a drama as osama bin ladin and others, nothing in reality happened to Dr. Aafia and she is safe at some place.

Thirdly, my mother says that a women can never this sort of torture so this is drama.

Some says this is right.

and so ooooooooooon.

But I am confused about the reality.

As in last days I was on paying the consideration on two topics, writing and searching about, "the man slaughter" and on the other hand "Balgram Prison" So for moment I thaught about Dr. Aafia and it gave me very painful feeling but at the end I again don't know what the reality is.

@ KamranACA

Ya I do agree with you as I myself has been dealing with the legalities of these countries since long, under their law, and in my whole experience I have never seen their any unjustified or unlawful act if they have done so in rare cases, I myself has been in contact with them and appealed them (for different scenarios) under their legal maxim “No one can be penalized unheard” and believe you me they never ever disappointed and gave very positive response with the apologetic way.

So definitely the questions you have raised about the purpose and cause of being in Afghanistan leads some where to genuenity.

Anyways thanks for your detailed reply.
I don't know the details of the story. Though I heard that her name was provided during investigations by that big operative who was captured (I think in 2003) from somewhere around Faisalabad. I think that person is under trail in US these days. I forgot his name.

Perhaps she provided help (to 9/11 terrorists) in getting a post office box in US when she was there by providing her reference and land address.

Again, I just heard about this story, and never tried to dig anything.

I would agree with KamranACA about legal systems in these countries. If they don't find anything they leave the person. For example, they kept several datainees in Guantanamo Bay and acquitted them after investigations. Though many of them were really talibans like Abdullah Mahsood (former chief of tehrik zaliman pakistan, before baitulah mahsood).

Similarly, agencies have been investigating millions of people almost in every country including US. But I never heard stories like her about anyone else. What benefits they would get from her if she is innocent? In-fact her stories have been demaging to their interests. So, why would they do it if their is no actual benefit?

I think about a year back, chief of Canadian investigation agency (like ISI in Pakistan) had to apologize in Supreme Court and later on had to resigned from his post, just because of the reason that someone from that agency provided a wrong tip to US counterpart about a Syrian born Canadian citizen (Mr. Mahar Arrar) who was coming back to Canada from another country through a connecting flight through US. When he changed his flight in US, based on that wrong tip from Canadian agency, the officials at US airport deported him back to Syria. Syrian offials threw him in jail and started tortured investigations (like our Pakistani police). After about 2 years of struggle eventually he came back to Canada where he filed a lawsuit on Canadian government and agencies. Canadian government had to pay fine of about Cad$ 11.5 Million (10.5 for settlement and 1 for legal expenses) to him alongwith official apology.

So, I don't think it is in their interest to keep her if she is innocent.

Wallah-o-alam.

Regards

86 Years............I believe her Career is Over now.

Regards.
Torontoboy

Thanks for sharing info about Mr. Mahar Arrar; it would be worth finding and understanding, I guess. I would appreciate if you can give some links of Canadian newspapers etc entailing this story's pros and cons.

Anamz,

Thanks for reading my usual boring stuff.

The problem we generally have in masses is of illiteracy that does not solely mean "illiteracy" used in general terms (although it is also a part and parcel in case of majority), rather means and includes our pre-determined, prejudiced and biased mindset. This is also not merely the problem of Pakistanis or Muslims. We can find a number of instances at other locations and in other nations as well. However, the people of sub-continent have without any doubt heaps of it invariablly among all set of beliefs and origins. So, we treat and deem what appeals to our illiterate and biased mindset and way of thinking.

Our unthoughtful reactions, sentiments, conclusions and demands CAN be one of the instances of such situation. I used the word CAN because, I cannot even conclude it precisely being not in complete insight of the entire story of Afia's case.

As far as Governments of Pakistan are concerned, these have always been a best picture of LBDN (look-busy-do-nothing) phenomenon. They don't even courage to raise their voice against any other power, even if it is required (as it can be a case for Afia), as they are always supposed to "beg for us" in front of such powers. Beggers are not the choosers! In contrast, if the action taken by such other power is justified (as this may also be one of the possible case with respect to Afia), our Governments also don't have courage to issue such verdict publicly. We all are "illiterate" hypocrites and our leaders are at the top of all of us.

Notwithstanding this, I believe and have reasons to carry such belief that powers like USA are also not fully milk-washed. They have done number of wrong things and they are always expected to take incorrect decisions and unjustifiable actions. However, one thing does not require any elucidation; that they are committed and sincere to their own cause, their own country and their own nation. This is the least that a nation and its leaders should have. Alas, we missed this train from the outset as well due to our nature and mix of mindset in our social setup.

The above last paragraph of this post, however, does not make any conclusion to the hidden reality of Dr. Afia's case and about the justification of the actions that have so far been taken. I am still of the view that USA presumablly has no benefit in punishing a help-less and harm-less female without a lawful excuse.

As far as punishment of 86 years imprisonment is concerned, I think this would be the aggregate of many imprisonment sentences against a number of allegations; and logically the imprisonment against all allegations will start simultaneously. Say, if she has been punished 10 years' imprisonment each for 8 allegations and 6 years' punishment for ninth allegation separately, this would aggregate to 86 years but since all such imprisonments will start simultaneously, the 80+6 years imprisonment will complete within 10 years. So, as per this rule, her total imprisonment may be 10 (or 12 or 15 or 20 years) depending upon breakup of number of allegations and punishments against each of such allegation. It would hopefully not be 86 years as crudely as it sounds.

If you are (Anamz) related to some legal studies, I hope you can provide a further refined view of how such 86 years will approach.

Regards,

KamranACA

Interestingly, Afia Siddiqui's brother and ex-husband are living in USA. Her sister Fauzia is a US graduate (perhaps MD doctor) too. But agencies have no apparent cases against them, except Afia. Usually males do such acts, but as I said both of the closest males are living in US without any apparent cases against them. It increases the doubt and suspicion about her role and involvement in such kind of activities. Why any one would pick a female and working mother of three children, and spare the males of the family without strong suspicions?
http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aafia_Siddiqui

Maher Arar's Case Following links may provide some insight of the case. Maher Arar and his wife both are PhD's and after this case, one prominent political party NDP gave a ticket to his wife Monia in last Federal Elections though she could not win.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_Arar
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBWp4iMnHN0
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhQUX0p9JFw&feature=related
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-mfvJ_oXo&feature=related
http//www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-canada-failed-citizen-maher-arar/article843751/page1/
http//www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/823207--rcmp-goes-global-with-maher-arar-torture-probe
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crbz2JhMA3s&feature=related
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1SccLZ-DGQ&feature=related
http//www.thestar.com/article/175180
http//www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/09/28/zaccardelli-appearance.html
http//www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/article860014.ece
His wife Monia http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monia_Mazigh

Regards

Thanks!

Regards,

Dear All,

Do we know about yvon redly? British women captured and detained by Taliban and freed afterward and she become Muslim? following is the article written by her about Sister Aafia. Kindly, read in detail to know about the reality.

Hoover, the FBI, and Aafia Siddiqui
Written by Yvonne Ridley
Thursday, 07 August 2008

I personally spoke with Lt. Col. Mark Wright at the US Pentagon who denied all knowledge of Prisoner 650 or Dr Aafia Siddique.
The FBI lost much of its credibility when its chief J. Edgar Hoover was revealed to be a transvestite who preferred to be called Mary.

Hoover, probably the most powerful men in America some say even more powerful then the presidents he served under, was the originator of dirty tricks campaign and kept a lot of dirt on other people in his files.

The only players who were immune to Hoover's secret files were those who had secrets of their own about his personal life - namely, the Mafia. Mafia bosses obtained information about Hoover's sex life and used it for decades to keep the FBI at bay. Without this, the Mafia as we know it might never have gained its hold in America.

In May of 1972, Hoover - approaching his fifty-five-year anniversary with the Justice Department - boasted that the FBI remained the organization that he built upon his own principles and standards - of course now we know exactly what standards Hoover aka Mary had.

The FBI never really recovered its power or prestige once Hoover was ousted as a cross dresser.

There was more scandal to follow when Acting Director L. Patrick Gray was forced to resign after being caught up in the Watergate drama which brought down President Richard Nixon aka Tricky Dicky.

The FBI is supposed to be an institute based around freedom and democracy; instead it has become a factory from which lies and deceit are manufactured.

The reason for this brief history lesson into the FBI will now become apparent.

You see it is quite obvious that from cross dressers, liars and fraudsters, the FBI has now moved into the realms of fantasy land with the news that Dr. Aafia Siddique has "conveniently" been found outside a governor's office in Afghanistan with her 12 year old son ... FIVE years after her disappearance in Karachi.

According to the FBI she was in possession of "numerous documents describing the creation of explosives, as well as excerpts from the Anarchist's Arsenal, descriptions of various landmarks in the United States, including in New York City" - you know, all the regular stuff a female terrorist would carry in her handbag!

The fantasists who concocted this story may as well have put Dr. Siddique in Hoover's old red dress while they were on with it.

What we do know is that she has been shot at and injured. She was extradited to New York last night (Monday) and is being held in a prison in Manhatten down the road from the nightclub where Hoover used to pose as Mary.

She faces charges of attempted murder and assault of a US officer.

Does the FBI really think we are all that stupid and gullible?

Dr. Aafia Siddiqui - who had been sought by the FBI for several years regarding terrorism according to their website - is accused of shooting at two FBI special agents, a US Army warrant officer, an Army captain and military interpreters who unknowingly entered a room where she was being held unsecured.

She fired two shots, but hit no one, officials said. The warrant officer returned fire with a pistol, shooting Siddiqui at least once. She struggled with the officers before she lost consciousness, said officials, adding that she received medical attention.

The day before the shootings, Afghan police had arrested Siddiqui outside the Ghazni governor's compound after finding bomb-making instructions, excerpts from the "Anarchist's Arsenal," papers with descriptions of US landmarks and substances sealed 20 in bottles and glass jars.

This all happened two weeks after I had given a press conference in Islamabad calling on the US to handover Prisoner 650 - The Grey lady of Bagram.

Coincidence? May be - but if the FBI think that we are going to buy the bovine scatterings they have just released to the US media they really do live in La La Land.

Let's look at the cold hard fact of the case.

Dr Siddiqui, 36, is an American-educated neuroscientist. Since 2003, Siddiqui's whereabouts have been the source of much speculation. According to Amnesty International, Siddiqui and her three small children were reported apprehended in Karachi, Pakistan, in March 2003 after the FBI issued at alert requesting information about her location earlier that month.

Several reports indicated Siddiqui was in US custody after her arrest in Karachi. But in May 2004 then-Attorney General Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller identified Siddiqui among several sought-after al Qaeda members.

Human rights group and a lawyer for Ms. Siddiqui, Elaine Whitfield Sharp, say they believe that she has been secretly detained since 2003, for much of that time at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

"We believe Aafia has been in custody ever since she disappeared," Ms. Sharp said in a telephone interview yesterday, "and we're not willing to believe that the discovery of Aafia in Afghanistan is coincidence."

American military and intelligence officials said that Ms. Siddiqui was in Pakistan for most of the past five years until she resurfaced last month and was captured by the Afghans.

She and her 12-year-old son were arrested in Ghazni, Afghanistan, on July 17. The American officials accused Ms Siddiqui trying to bomb the residence of Ghazni's provincial governor.

Someone who also does not buy this nonsense is Asim Qureshi, Senior Researcher for the British-based international human rights organization Cage prisoners has issued the following statement, "There are many questions that the FBI and the Pakistani government need to answer in light of this admission. Why have the FBI continued to pretend to be seeking her while all the while knowing of her detention in Afghanistan? Is Aafia indeed Prisoner 650 whose screams were heard by former Bagram prisoners?

"Aafia Siddiqui is a woman who has been plagued by a number of problems in her life, none of which have anything to do with involvement with al-Qaeda. During the years the US claim she was working as an operative for the organization she was in fact the victim of domestic violence at the hands of an abusive husband. Community members in Boston declare that she was incapable of any violence, let alone being involved with a terrorist group.

"Whilst we welcome this disclosure reform the FBI, it has only come after mounting international pressure, and five years of detention and abuse. Siddiqui's case represents the problem of disappearances in Pakistan in the most tragic way. The acceptance by the FBI that Siddiqui has been in custody in Afghanistan raises important questions which must be answered by the Pakistani and US governments. Siddiqui must be returned to Pakistan in order to faces charges for any crime she may have committed or released along with her children."

Cage prisoners have led 20th campaign for Aafia Siddiqui for the past three years. Since her disappearance in March 2003 in Karachi, along with her three young children, the FBI has continually denied reports of her detention and that she was in their custody.

I am proud to be a patron of Cage Prisoners. Less than two weeks before this fiasco emerged, I traveled to Pakistan with Cage prisoners Director, Saghir Hussain, to launch their report, Devoid of the Rule of the Law, at a press conference organized by Imran Khan.

The press conference sparked an international storm of outrage, when I asked my colleagues in the Pakistan media to put pressure on the US to identify Prisoner 650 and the release of Aafia Siddiqui.

I personally spoke with Lt. Col. Mark Wright at the US Pentagon who denied all knowledge of Prisoner 650 or Dr Aafia Siddique.

Now I do not believe for one minute Lt. Col. Wright was lying - in fact I did suggest to him that the people he was speaking to in Afghanistan (the FBI) might be lying to him. I did ask him to call me back when he had the facts.

Perhaps Lt. Col. Wright you might want to make that call now and tell me the truth about Dr. Siddique and Prisoner 650 ... but whatever you do mate, do not get your facts from the FBI which stands for Fantasy Brigade International ... and that's just the polite version.
We don’t give any judgment regarding the validity of Afia’s case or decision there-on, since no one of us has any definitive information or basis to pass any conclusive remarks. Things can be a reality both ways; Afia may be innocent and trapped for some unknown reasons or conversely, FBI’s allegations and the Court’s decision may be fair.

What I deduce from above article is that the writer is also similarly stuck with the unfolded hidden parts of the story; with only one a bit unusual difference (being an American) that she has expressed a lot of doubts on FBI’s character. However, a lot of stuff looks to be based upon whims, doubts, estimations, personal grudge (appears like that), expectations and suni sunaai information.

The blames for weird things is a very common fact for the entire secret and other such agencies worldwide regardless of whichever country these are; though FBI is the most discussed one. As far as discussion on personal character of a human being is concerned (even if someone is an enemy) e.g. done by the writer about FBI ex-chief Hoover, I feel like stepping back from giving any comments thereon.

Yet, I wonder why FBI had to capture Afia particularly. What benefit Americans can get out of this whole exercise which is not going to put their country to any advantage but can bring some additional bad fame.

Regards,

You are welcome, KamranACA.

Dears

Not only any of us, but even her lawyers don't know things with surety. Please read the concluding remarks of her lawyer.

http//www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/world/2010/09/100924_aafia_hasan_piece.shtml

As far as Yvonne Ridley's or similar nature of arguments are concerned, I think they would have come for consideration in court during the trial.

Regards