Accountancy Forum

Full Version: KPMG test contents and interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
of Lahore?
and what activities of KPMG is going on in other cities?????
no call from kpmg lahore but a document verification call by islamabad office this morning.
m Also waiting for call.
i want to know that are we in direct competition with CA students to get a place in KPMG or other firms. i am ACCA affiliate. anybody has idea about the number of vacancies in KPMG Lahore for affiliates?????
Today in the evening i recived a cal 4rm kpmg islamabad they told me that tomarrow 11 am is ur test ,1 thng i have observed 4rm my little exprience wid few firms kpmg is not profesionl in their dealngs i must admire affco 4 their profesionlism thats y they r ahead 4rm kpmg.
hahaha less than one day notice
r u CA student
Yes dear i m a ca studnt i m wondrng arn't they doubtng icap's ability 2 cnduct examination by takng their own test?
I also got a call at around 630 for the KPMG test tomorrow.FRSH Isb also have entry test tomorrow but I didn't get shortlisted for that.And Deloitte Isb are asking for CVs but will recruit in December.
how were the tests, isb guys??
plz share some contents
KPMG TEST
KPMG test was 2 hrs long,(calculator allowed),pretty good Mash'Allah.For some reason,there were 2 tests even for CA candidates.I got the one that had 31 questions.Accounting(31 mrks),Audit(20),Company Law(14),General(15),Eng(20).
Audit portion went so well for the first time coz they asked about definitions and basic stuff mostly like audit risk and it's components,sampling and non-sampling risk,anomalous error,sufficient and appropriate audit evidence,whether you can rely solely on written representations if no supplier invoice,whether you can send external confirmations prior to year-end and whether if controls are very effective,can you rely completely on tests of controls and not perform substantive procedures.The last question was also asked by AFF.
C.Law was mostly about appointment of directors,chief executives,auditors,proxies,voting of directors,issuing shares on discount etc.No tax.
Generalmostly IQ qs rather than math.Q1.The probability of watching TV is 2/3 and listening to ipod 1/3.If there are 3 channels,what is the cumulative probability of watching a specific channel?(2 or 3 marks)
Q2.Which country has the largest flag regularly hoistedA)France,B)Brazil,C)Turkey,D)Israel. (1 mark)
Q3There are 5 people in a race.Ali is 1st and Alice 5th.George is faster than Alice but slower than Williams.Williams is faster than Berdnick.Berdnick is faster than George.Who came 3rd?(The 2nd last line of this q is not the exact wording which I can't remember-I have made it too obvious.It was an easy q but of 3 mrks)
Q45 men paint 10 walls in 10 days.How much time will 10 men take to paint 20 walls?(3 mrks)
Q5Aslam is 3 times the age of brother Amir who is four.How old will Aslam be when Amir is 6.(1 mrk duh!)

EnglishEssay on Militancy and Economic Crisis Of Pakistan(20 mrks,NO WORD LIMIT)

AccountingEasy questions from IAS1(3 marks-components of F.St acc to revised IAS),2(2 marks-should stock-write-down be reversed when NRV improves next year),7(3 marks-classify items under operating,investing or financing),8&16(4+1 marks I think-change in dep method n rate-acc estimate change or policy),12(4 marks-calculate tax exp for the year),17(5 marks-discuss whether finance lease or not),18&37(4 marks-sale + warranty for replacement),36(5 marks-exchanging 25 old Blackberries(impaired) for new ones + paying cash-pass journal entries)

AFF's TEST
3 hrs long,no calculator
Acc20 marks
Audit20 marks
Corporate+Tax20 marks
Eng20 marks
Math10 marks
G.Knw10 marks

AccAll questions except lease's were to explain treatment of something in light of IAS.IAS 18 had 2 qs(when to book sale when risks n rewards weren't properly transferredA company is going to launch a new product in Aug 2010.Because of the innovative design,success of product is not assured.Company sends products to its network of dealers who can return unsold items within 1 year.Company sent products to dealers in May or June n booked sale including G.Margin in year ended June 30.Justify treatment according to IAS.IAS 17 q asked to pass journal entries for first year of lease(5 marks)

AuditCAATS(3 marks)-2 examples of matter of emphasis,2 different questions about assertions about stuff(long-term payables in one case) and their audit procedures etc.

Corporate and TaxIncorporation formalities for public n private companies,quorum for listec co's BOD meeting,how late can you be for AGM and consequences,who will preside over AGM if chairman can't,docs retention period for Sales Tax etc

My fav math
Q1Vehicle's speed increases from 30km/h to 40 km/h n then decreases from 40 to 30.Compare the %age increase and decrease.(1 mark)

Q2sequence 2,8,6,16,18,32,_,_ (2 marks)

Q3Thomas paints a house in 6 days.Joe paints the same house in 12 days.If both work together to paint the same house,how much time will they take?(show your computation) (2 mrks).

Q4If B is the sum of multiples of B&D,C&L and C&E,what is C?(1 mark)

Q5A bought something for 3000 rs and sold it the same day for 3758 or something,allowing the buyer credit of 2 years.if rate of interest is 10% p.a,what is the net gain?(MCQ-1mark)
I can't remember the other 3 marks now(

G.Knowledge
MCQ1Pakistan's area in sq km.
MCQ2SBP Governor
MCQ3Largest and Smallest oceans of world.
MCQ4Country with 3 capitals
MCQ5Jahangir Khan's World and British Open trophies.
Q6Give one notable achievement of following(2 marks)
Maulana Mohammad Ali Johar
Bernard Shaw
Al-Khwarizmi
Trabintha Tagore

Q7.What do bearish and bullish trends mean on stock market?(1 mrk)
Can't remember remaining 2 marks.

ENGLISHone-word substitution(6 marks)
mixture of smoke and fog
chemical downpour from clouds
raising of earth's temperature
weather of a particular area
protects earth from sun
(can't remember)

comprehension(6 marks-3 questionslast q give meanings of quill,insight,intuition n matinee)

EssaySuper-Flood and It's impact on Pakistan's Economy(8 marks,250 words)

All of you can search for the answers yourself and that will help you retain the knowledge,that's why I didnt give my answers n the correct answers of some questions that I messed up.Still if some q is problematic n i know the ans,will be glad to help.Good luck for future!Now each and every person who has been aided by this BETTER PRAY LOADS FOR ME,especially for AFF n my result.This isn't gratuitous,I want returns!)

@Bilal_JFWould be grateful if you amend the title of thread to include +(test contents Aut2010) or something.Will make the post more visible n so be more helpful.I didn't want to create my own thread since 2 were already ongoing.Thanks.
A.A you are excellent person.
may you get inducted in affco
PROBABLY IN NEXT WEEK THE WILL CALL.
has any one received any call in LAHORE????????
Pages: 1 2