Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Deloitte (khi)(kamran bhai)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may have to join deloitte

but when giving interview 2moro..three of the things concern me

wen i asked the HR manager to have a seat...he said v r not dat professional..v dont even ask the partner to have a seat..

I was surprised by his comments + i found the environment really unprofessional

Moreoevr the OFFICE LOCATION AND ENVIRONMENT didnt appeal me at all...It might be that I just feel this way. Please anyone that knows and have worked please enlighten me

KAMRAN BHAI the question to u is dat the manager asked me to choose between Internal And External Audit. I couldn't make a decision at that time, because I didnt know the difference in PRACTICAL duties and responsibilities. Could you or please anyone clarify? And advice which one should be opted and WHY?

I also want to know is that I might want to go abroad DURING MY TRAINING PERIOD so would such opportunities be available at Deloittes and would that be for all?

The Last Thing I want to know is dat I have heard that Deloitte while inducting December candidates get them registered in next June not December. How far this is true? And What we can do if we want Immediate recognition.

Personal details
I'm an ACCA affliate.

Await to see your reply
Deloitte at Karachi is a good place for getting training since they have very good clients at the moment and a tag of affiliation with biggest practice of the world. The Big 4 tag pays you back throughout a career.

I personally don't know why there is lack of professional attitude as observed by you. Sometimes we draw incorrect inferences due to the behaviour of a few people. An HR Manager or official is not somebody who should be kept in focus while assessing a firm.

External audit and internal audit both involve similar techniques to a greater extent although the ultimate responsibility and focus is different. A trainee should get opportunities of all departments including Audit and Assurance, Business Risk Advisory, Taxation and Consultancy etc. For me, External Audit is necessary for a trainee to learn what audit and assurance practically is? However, once the framework is known and learnt, other facets like Business Risk Advisory (including internal audit) etc should also be explored.

All Big 4 firms do provide secondment opportunities to my knowledge. I hope such opportunities are provided to all depending upon their expertise and hardwork. However, some insider can guide you better on this aspect.

I could not understand what you meant from Registration. If you are getting a 3 years training as an ACCA (and not for CA), you don't need a registration. However, if you are intending to get CA training placement under ICAP, you should make it clear with the firm and also inquire them the expected time for getting a contract. Generally it depends upon availability of vacant seats and your profermance during probation.

Regards,

kamran bhai can u tell us that
from where you had complete your
training period?

regard's
Jazak Allah o khairun brother. Now the difference is more clear between internal and external.

What I meant by <b> registration</b> is that, Deloitte would let me work at the firm, but my attempt for CA Module E paper would be delayed by them. It would be as if I had contract signed on june 2011 and than I could only attempt my Module E paper after 18 months as per ICAP policy i.e. December 2012....am just worried because that would be too late. Can you do me a favour brother, is it possible for you to call HR department Deloitte karachi and talk the HR name Faizan Baig...please ask him about this, may be understanding it wrong and ruining my only opportunity.

It would be favour brother. I am yet to receive my second interview call, maybe this week.

Deloitte Number 0213456495

Thank you in advance.
Await to see your reply )
amazing request!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br />Jazak Allah o khairun brother. Now the difference is more clear between internal and external.

What I meant by <b> registration</b> is that, Deloitte would let me work at the firm, but my attempt for CA Module E paper would be delayed by them. It would be as if I had contract signed on june 2011 and than I could only attempt my Module E paper after 18 months as per ICAP policy i.e. December 2012....am just worried because that would be too late. Can you do me a favour brother, is it possible for you to call HR department Deloitte karachi and talk the HR name Faizan Baig...please ask him about this, may be understanding it wrong and ruining my only opportunity.

It would be favour brother. I am yet to receive my second interview call, maybe this week.

Thank you in advance.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br />Jazak Allah o khairun brother. Now the difference is more clear between internal and external.

Thank you in advance.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I havent received 2nd interview call from deloitte either even though i am willing to Do CA
Did you manage to get a 2nd interview? I hear they are a good firm to work for!

[url="http//www.quicklegalquotes.co.uk"]conveyancing fees[/url]