Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Ego!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[DELETED]
I have a lil ego issue.. i dont accpet when m unable to do certain task tht people of my age, my class mates etc have successfully accomplished. i keep on saying i know it and i did it and for tht i had to lie also ofcourse!!

on the other hand when m able to do something beyond my capability ( making the capability of people of my age,etc as a banchmark) i brag a lot about it.. i feel proud...

i try to push down my ego and stay humble in both the situations.. i try my best to accept my mistakes... but yet many often the ego doesnt let me
lo ye khatoon b golf lover ki tarah copy paste marnai lagain P...
this is not fair ( mera apna created material hay (
Ego is just like motivator,which give us confident to do thing which we consider we cannot.The real advantage of ego is we able to perform difficult tasks,it also be consider that difficult task made skilled people.Ego is sometimes referred as madness of doing anything but it is the way to doing difficult things.A famous quote "Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it."

An ego is a tremendous motivator. At the same time, that ego can also be a horrible problem for us. While it may be a necessary part of who we are, it can sometimes come into direct conflict with who we should be.

Regards.

soooooooooo???? aray bhae baaat keroo is topic pe.. answer my questionsss naaa....

Aray baat tu ki hay.......Tumhari oper wali post per mainay apnay khyalat ka izzhaar tu kia hay dear. Baki log kal baat karain gay kyun k Sab ki chutti haina office main.

Regards.
The Ego acts according to the reality principle; i.e. it seeks to please the id’s drive in realistic ways that will benefit in the long term rather than bringing grief.

The Ego comprises that organised part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions. Conscious awareness resides in the ego, although not all of the operations of the ego are conscious. The ego separates what is real. It helps us to organize our thoughts and make sense of them and the world around us.

According to Freud,

"The ego is that part of the id which has been modified by the direct influence of the external world ... The ego represents what may be called reason and common sense, in contrast to the id, which contains the passions ... in its relation to the id it is like a man on horseback, who has to hold in check the superior strength of the horse; with this difference, that the rider tries to do so with his own strength, while the ego uses borrowed forces."
—Freud, The Ego and the Id (1923)

In Freud's theory, the ego mediates among the id, the super-ego and the external world. Its task is to find a balance between primitive drives and reality (the Ego devoid of morality at this level) while satisfying the id and super-ego. Its main concern is with the individual's safety and allows some of the id's desires to be expressed, but only when consequences of these actions are marginal. Ego defense mechanisms are often used by the ego when id behavior conflicts with reality and either society's morals, norms, and taboos or the individual's expectations as a result of the internalisation of these morals, norms, and their taboos.
"The ego is not sharply separated from the id; its lower portion merges into it... But the repressed merges into the id as well, and is merely a part of it. The repressed is only cut off sharply from the ego by the resistances of repression; it can communicate with the ego through the id." (Sigmund Freud, 1923)

The word ego is taken directly from Latin, where it is the nominative of the first person singular personal pronoun and is translated as "I myself" to express emphasis. The Latin term ego is used in English to translate Freud's German term Das Ich, which literally means "the I".

Ego development is known as the development of multiple processes, cognitive function, defenses, and interpersonal skills or to early adolescence when ego processes are emerged.

In modern English, ego has many meanings. It could mean one’s self-esteem, an inflated sense of self-worth, or in philosophical terms, one’s self. However, according to Freud, the ego is the part of the mind that contains the consciousness. Originally, Freud used the word ego to mean a sense of self, but later revised it to mean a set of psychic functions such as judgment, tolerance, reality-testing, control, planning, defense, synthesis of information, intellectual functioning, and memory.

In a diagram of the Structural and Topographical Models of Mind, the ego is depicted to be half in the consciousness, while a quarter is in the preconscious and the other quarter lies in the unconscious.

When the ego is personified, it is like a slave to three harsh masters the id, the super-ego, and the external world. It has to do its best to suit all three, thus is constantly feeling hemmed by the danger of causing discontent on two other sides. It is said, however, that the ego seems to be more loyal to the id, preferring to gloss over the finer details of reality to minimize conflicts while pretending to have a regard for reality. But the super-ego is constantly watching every one of the ego's moves and punishes it with feelings of guilt, anxiety, and inferiority. To overcome this the ego employs defense mechanisms. The defense mechanisms are not done so directly or consciously. They lessen the tension by covering up our impulses that are threatening.

Denial, displacement, intellectualisation, fantasy, compensation, projection, rationalisation, reaction formation, regression, repression, and sublimation were the defense mechanisms Freud identified. However, his daughter Anna Freud clarified and identified the concepts of undoing, suppression, dissociation, idealisation, identification, introjection, inversion, somatisation, splitting, and substitution.

ham ko halka na samjhana bhai ..[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

//ham ko halka na samjhana bhai //

ham ko halka na samjhana bhai...........Hum bhi Copy-Paste Kar saktay hain )

@ Topic.

Anyways I like to share one incident about Ego, So here it goes.
I like the following little story that illustrates our struggle with our ego

'As a professor at Texas A & M, I taught during the day and did research at night. I would usually take a break around nine, however, calling up the strategy game Warcraft on the Internet and play with an on-line team.

One night I was paired with a veteran of the game who was a master strategist. With him at the helm, our troops crushed opponent after opponent, and after six games we were undefeated. Suddenly my fearless leader informed me his mom wanted him to go to bed. "How old are you?" I typed. "Twelve," he replied. "How old are you?"

Feeling my face redden, I answered, "Eight." '

There's that fragile ego getting in the way — that ego that makes leaders and can destroy people. It causes us to excel and causes us to lie for fear someone will think less of us.

I am convinced that we could solve a lot of our family problems, religious problems, and world problems if we could just learn to say, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I was wrong." Yet far too often, our ego will not let us do that...

share ur experiences about the situations in which ur ego made u lie..
have u ever tried to over come ur ego and accept ur mistake?

this is an open platform for anyone having knowledge about the ways or strategies to over come the ego issue to share with others and help humanity !!

Regards.

mujhe afsoos hura hay k mene yeh topic start hi kue kia!!(

Aray itnaa tu tafseel say likha hay.....Aur kya jaan logi mari ???

Regards.
yasir bhai ap nai thek nahi kia bache naraz ho gai P..

Yaar jitni mujhay Ego per maloomat thi woh mainay likhnay ki koshish ki........Safoora pata nahi kyun naraaz ho gai.......(

Regards.
ye safora ka ego hai O
Pages: 1 2