Accountancy Forum

Full Version: KPMG Vs AFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please guide me as to which among the two is a better option. I am talking about the Lhr offices of both firms. Ive asked this question to many people who are very senior in the accounting profession and all of them have told me that AFF is better.

However, as all of these people are very senior in the profession, they might be telling me about old times when AFF used to have the majority of Audit clients. It is to my knowledge that KPMG has now been successful in securing more audit clients than AFF as AFF has now moved mainly towards Advisory services. Therefore, apart from the old perception, I want a fresh perspective as to which firm to choose keeping in mind the current situation and audit clientage of KPMG. Please give ur suggestions keeping in mind that I want my core experience during articleship to be in audit and I want to move abroad (Gulf) after completing my articles.

Regards
dude in my opinion aff is recommended by every one and is hard to get slected in beacuse they are the most organised of all the big 4 in pakistan and provide the best training opportunities to trainees. audit clients keep changing between firms and is nothing new + ur experience from ferguson will be more recognised abroad beacuse of its reputation
factor here is that it is true that aff is better option due to its reputation but keep in mind that ranking b/w them is based upon revenue and most of the revenue of aff has moved to consultancy services specially erps.regarding kpmg there is a lot of learning and environment is very good.keep in mind if u wanna go abroad no matter which firm.the thing which matters is big 4.maybe that helps