Accountancy Forum

Full Version: TORONTO BOY THIS IS 4 U PLZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

can u plz tell me whether a ca fianlist from pakistan get a reasonable job in canada ?

or he would have 2 start from scratch with any other qualification.

hopefully u give ur views on this.

thx

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wicky</i>
<br />Hello

can u plz tell me whether a ca fianlist from pakistan get a reasonable job in canada ?

or he would have 2 start from scratch with any other qualification.

hopefully u give ur views on this.

thx

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear; to me off-course you may get a reasonable job in Canada, though I don't know what is your definition of minimum acceptable level of a reasonable job. It would likely be based on your overall understanding of initial level of financial matters, general accounting skills, Microsoft Software (MS Word, Advance Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook), hands on skills of accounting software like QuickBook, AccPacc, MS GreatPlains Dynamics, Simply Accounting etc. and most important your communication and presentation skills, and NOT based on CA finalist status. However, it is my understanding that your training, education, and experience so far (i.e. by reaching CA final stage) should have equipped you with such skills. Usually people start from initial and entry level jobs. If some one is lucky enough may start from intermediate level too. Entry level jobs are around Cad$15 per hour keeping in view the minimum wage is around Cad$ 10.25 in Ontario (if I am not wrong).

However, you would have to eventually work toward a Canadian accounting qualification to excel in career.

Following thread might help you.
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6286&whichpage=8

I hope it helps.

Best Wishes
thanks 4 ur reply.

Hey Toronto_Boy

I need your help regarding CPA.

A bachelors in an accounting degree is must in order to sit for the CPA exam. Please tell me which degree should I go for...

A degree which is useful for a good job, if I fail the CPA exam.

Thank you.