Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Pakistani MBA to Toronto, Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody needs my advice on an urgent matter and I am wondering if anyone here has the information required to solve this problem.

There's a Pakistani who got his MBA from Preston University in Kohat and is considering migrating to Canada as his fiance is a resident of Toronto. All I know about Preston University is that it is the first private university of Pakistan and its School of Business is supposed to be good. I just want to ask any other Toronto residents on this forum whether his MBA would be accepted here or he would need to get some additional Canadian qualifications to get a decent job and support his new family? Thanks a lot for your co-operation as this matter is rather urgent.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Basim Aqdas</i>
<br />Somebody needs my advice on an urgent matter and I am wondering if anyone here has the information required to solve this problem.

There's a Pakistani who got his MBA from Preston University in Kohat and is considering migrating to Canada as his fiance is a resident of Toronto. All I know about Preston University is that it is the first private university of Pakistan and its School of Business is supposed to be good. I just want to ask any other Toronto residents on this forum whether his MBA would be accepted here or he would need to get some additional Canadian qualifications to get a decent job and support his new family? Thanks a lot for your co-operation as this matter is rather urgent.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear

I would divide "acceptance" of his degree into two types i.e. (1) acceptance for admission in further education such as CGA or University education etc. It all depends upon individual credential evaluator of that institution i.e. how he/she evaluates his MBA degree for admission for further education.

(2) acceptance for job Canadian employers and recruiters would most likely accept his MBA as one requirement of the job. BUT they would evaluate his actual personal skills (such as communication skills, software skills, learning ability etc.) required for any specific job. They look for and trust more on actual skills a person has rather than a piece of paper (i.e. degree), though degree would only be one important requirement for the job. So, employers don't care from which university it was achieved, unless for mid to top managerial jobs and from renowned business schools.

Therefore, in essence, yes he could get a white collar job and support his family provided he has required skills for the job. Employers/ recruiters would not bother for origin of his degree. They might not care for one's MBA degree unless he is applying for high paying job or it is from a renowned business school.

However, if he applies for further education, then its a whole different story, depending upon the evaluator of that institute.

I hope it helps.