Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Kamran bhai or any other, help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Asalamoalaikum,
I hope you receive this message in good health.
Brother I'm in dilemma and would be grateful if you could advised me, since your the person of knowledge that I highly regard [masha Allah]

I have completed my ACCA[affliate] and bachelors in commerce, these days I'm trying for big4's...[kpmg(1st interview) and deloitte(waiting for selection call).
I had been a student of CA and hav passed 2 modules...but than i couldn't do module C so left CA and join ACCA<b> since recently I had plan to do Chartered Accountancy after ACCA, FOR THAT I HAVE EVEN CLAIMED EXEMPTION. But now I got to know yesterday about ICAEW (I know it's too late to realise this) but I'm really confuse, I have tried passing module C twice but I couldn't and I have heard how difficult Module E and Module F are, I want to get ur advice which way I should move </b>

My family just know about CA and they want me to do it, like this thing is the end in life...But I dont want to ruin my life by making a wrong decision and than suffering in end. My friend(s) friend and people I met recently are advising me to go for ICAEW... but I dunno the pros and cons of doind ICAEW after ACCA

I'm very confused brother, could you kindly give a healthy comparison between both CA and ICAEW.

<b>Moreover I have already claimed exemption at CA through ACCA what should I do about that...I mean how could I now get ICAEW exemption, please brother advise me somthing, save me from the dungeon of CA...</b>

My background
I'm not a very bright student...just a hardworker, with a family who beside having many expectations from me would need to be convinced for ICAEW if I opt that [/b]

Please kamran bhai..if you really could help me soon please do..I'm very worried...I need to act quickly..

May Allah reward you for ur services )
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br />Asalamoalaikum,
I hope you receive this message in good health.
Brother I'm in dilemma and would be grateful if you could advised me, since your the person of knowledge that I highly regard [masha Allah]

I have completed my ACCA[affliate] and bachelors in commerce, these days I'm trying for big4's...[kpmg(1st interview) and deloitte(waiting for selection call).
I had been a student of CA and hav passed 2 modules...but than i couldn't do module C so left CA and join ACCA<b> since recently I had plan to do Chartered Accountancy after ACCA, FOR THAT I HAVE EVEN CLAIMED EXEMPTION. But now I got to know yesterday about ICAEW (I know it's too late to realise this) but I'm really confuse, I have tried passing module C twice but I couldn't and I have heard how difficult Module E and Module F are, I want to get ur advice which way I should move </b>

My family just know about CA and they want me to do it, like this thing is the end in life...But I dont want to ruin my life by making a wrong decision and than suffering in end. My friend(s) friend and people I met recently are advising me to go for ICAEW... but I dunno the pros and cons of doind ICAEW after ACCA

I'm very confused brother, could you kindly give a healthy comparison between both CA and ICAEW.

<b>Moreover I have already claimed exemption at CA through ACCA what should I do about that...I mean how could I now get ICAEW exemption, please brother advise me somthing, save me from the dungeon of CA...</b>

My background
I'm not a very bright student...just a hardworker, with a family who beside having many expectations from me would need to be convinced for ICAEW if I opt that [/b]

Please kamran bhai..if you really could help me soon please do..I'm very worried...I need to act quickly..

May Allah reward you for ur services )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

brother, when did u give uur second interview at deloitte. plz reply
dis week
confirm ur status if u didnt get an interview call...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sjd_238</i>
<br />dis week
no i didnt get a call
<br />dis week
can u tell me the day, and wat was asked in 2nd interview
ACA ICAEW is ofcourse more respected than ACA ICAP. Furthe it is also feasible for you to go for ICAEW instead of ICAP.

ICAP
1) 8 papers of E & F module
2) Very tough to clear
3) Very Good scope in Pakistan
4) Good scope in Middle East but little in rest of the world.

ICAEW
1) Only 3 papers of advance stage
2) Comparetively easy to clear
3) Good scope in Pakistan
4) Very good scope in Middle east, UK and also good scope in most parts of the world
5) ICAEW's mutual recognition MOUs entitle ACA ICAEW to get membership of many renowned institutes world wide.
I talked to a friend about it.
He said it's expensive and we can only do it with E and Y no other firm offers ICAEW, whats the validity of both statements?

If we have applied for exemption at one place can we apply for another institute through same route?

I mean i applied at ICAP thru ACCA now can I apply at ICAEW, or what would be the proceedure for switching exemptions institutes???
Do not have exact idea about ICAEW fees, but these will be little bit more than ACCA fees. Also its wrong that only EY provides training for ICAEW. There are number of ICAEW registered firms in Pakistan in all major cities of Pakistan. Here is the list
http//www.ewpakistan.com/downloads/List%20of%20ATOs.pdf

Further it makes no difference if you have applied for exemption from ICAP and now wish to go for ICAEW.
mudassar2704

can u plz tell me whether this route is 4 icap qualified members or for acca qualified?

i cant understand tho.

thx
ACCA
wow brother jazak Allah o khair for clearing the issues, I was thinking only E and Y are ICAEW approved. Alhamdulilah, one matter resolve.

brother really I mean I can do both CA and ICAEW with ACCA.

Are you confirm because I have read once at ICAP site if i'm not wrong that once avail exemption for one institute another degree/certification cant be exempt on the same basis.

You really understanding what I'm talking about right.

Let me clear once more [^]

ACCA cleared applied for exemption ICAP so upto module D I'm exempt.

ACCA cleared and now if I apply for ICAEW (without doing CA) I still have to attempt the case study papers only not all...right?

<b>One more thing..Is it possible that I can claim REFUND of CA exemption fees If I don't want to do it now??? [It's Rs.18000 thats alot, to forego, I could utilize the sum for ICAEW] ) </b>

If thats it....Its like a blessing Alhamdulilah...
<b>Really if its true....you made my day</b> [D]

and

<b>One more thing..Is it possible that I can claim REFUND of CA exemption fees If I don't want to do it now??? [It's Rs.18000 thats alot, to forego, I could utilize the sum for ICAEW] ) </b>

Anxiously waiting for your reply...and between can I have ur email address, so I could reach you incase in future...If thats allowed and no problem at ur side ??
What you mentioned was on ICAP site and it measns ICAP will not exempt it's exams etc. on the basis of a qualification which in itself is exempted on the basis of some another qualification. That's why it might have required you to apply through ACCA so that ACCA may confirm the way you was certified. But rest assured there is nothing to prohibit you from getting exemptions from ICAEW mere on the grounds that you have already sought exemptions from an another institute.

I do not think exemption fee is refundable, speacialy if the exemption has been granted. But if it is still in process you must talk to relevant ICAP official, may be they help you in this regard. Find contacts on this URL
http//www.icap.org.pk/web/links/0/contactus.php
Dear SJD_238

There is some thing wrong in your post which is given below.

ACCA cleared applied for exemption ICAP so upto module D I'm exempt.

ACCA cleared and now if I apply for ICAEW (without doing CA) I still have to attempt the case study papers only not all...right?

The problem in above lines is that as an ACCA clear with P6 & P7 u r only allowed to get the exemption in ICAEW upto 12 papers & you have to still attempt 3 final pApEr NOT 01 CASE STUDY .

Please clearify me regarding case study if i am wrong

Regards
Ya Scorpian raised the valid point. 3 exams for ICAEW after ACCA
yup yup....by mistake I wrote dat....Apologise

I havent yet receive confirmation from ne firm...

ok one more ques/
<b>
tel me the proceedure to apply for ICAEW and contact no + address for the karachi office </b>
Pages: 1 2