Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Bsc Accounting And Finance.. Confusion!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I am currently a student at LUMS studying Bsc Accounting and finance. Now i have a big confusion, problem and i need a lot of help and advices... My problem is that i want to pursue my career as a Chartered Accountant. I have heard ICAP has removed all exemptions for bsc holders which means i have to utilize 6 more years after completing my undergraduate programme to earn a certified chartered accountant degree (.. Is this true ??
Secondly, I want to know that can I apply in KPMG or any of the big four in UK and be accepted? I have a sound academic record and more than 550 UCAS points. Please help.. I am really confused about my future..
Thank you

Devdas!

Kon Kambakht BSC karta hay Chartered Accountant bunnay k liay ?

Regards.
well lol i agree with the above comments but still u could and might be lucky 2 get a uk qualification.

if u wanna do it from Pak then yes u could still do it and u might be having some edge over other ppl who r without any base in accounting.

thx
please help, no appropriate answers yet!!
helppp!!!!
devdas

tum bsc k konsay semester main ho dear ? agar pehlay doosray main ho tu bsc drop kardo or CA start karlo, agar final year main ho tu bsc comp karlo pehlay.......

yeh batana k bsc ki kon c stage per ho may be than members will advice u accordingly.
regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by devdas</i>
<br />Hello.
I am currently a student at LUMS studying Bsc Accounting and finance. Now i have a big confusion, problem and i need a lot of help and advices... My problem is that i want to pursue my career as a Chartered Accountant. I have heard ICAP has removed all exemptions for bsc holders which means i have to utilize 6 more years after completing my undergraduate programme to earn a certified chartered accountant degree (.. Is this true ??
Secondly, I want to know that can I apply in KPMG or any of the big four in UK and be accepted? I have a sound academic record and more than 550 UCAS points. Please help.. I am really confused about my future..

Why don't you go for ACCA? They have exemption criteria for BSC Accounting and Finance. You will be left with 5 papers of ACCA after BSC.
Thank you
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
well i wouldn't prefer dropping bsc as in my opinion you learn in a far wider horizon and in different paths in a college. I just dont understand why so discrimination agst Bsc candidates in Pakistan as compared to ACCA students opting for CA as a profession.
well

i dont think so there is any discrimination its just Icap policy or u can say rule.

u can still do ca from icap . its wide open 4 all.

thx