Accountancy Forum

Full Version: NEW TO TRAINING?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AUDIT vs CONSULTANCY/RAS (Risk Advisory Services)

Some people have a belief that audit does give one alot of exposure but what about RAS?

Since ACCA students who doesn't wish to do CA after qualifying don't get to choose between audit and RAS, what does the future hold for such a candidate after his training period ends?
After qualifying my ACCA 1.5 years ago i was asking the same questions. The answer is " AUDIT". Why? Because the person who has his training in AUDIT can go in field he/she want whereas if you have ur training in RAS your target market becomes narrow..

I myself prefare to join the banking section for ACCA who dont want to do CA as ACCA doesnt enjoy full CA status in Pakistan.
Could you please state what that narrow target market is for RAS trainees?

Thx
hmm i dont know exactly, to be very honest. what i do know is the post of Finance managers or Accounts managers are not filled with ppl who have thier articles (training) in non audit sectors.

Regards,
So you mean to say audit is of paramount importance even for those who wish to enter the industry market after completing their training (articleship)?

Any1 with a different perspective on this?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheikh_sb</i>
<br /><b>After qualifying my ACCA 1.5 years ago</b> i was asking the same questions. The answer is " AUDIT". Why? Because the person who has his training in AUDIT can go in field he/she want whereas if you have ur training in RAS your target market becomes narrow..

I myself prefare to join the banking section for ACCA who dont want to do CA as ACCA doesnt enjoy full CA status in Pakistan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You mean you are an ACCA now?
If you want to start your role as a finance manager or similar role, audit experience is the best
Do the big4 firms here rotate ACCA students between depts? Like for e.g a year or two in ras and a year in audit or vice versa?