Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Please differ Share, Debenture, Bond and Dividend.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am student of B.comII but am confused in ratios chapter.. /
can any of my teacher or elder can solve my problem by give me accurate difference of Shares, Debenture, Bonds, and Dividend..

I shall be thankful to that person..
M.FAROOQ REHMANI.
A formal document which either creates a debt or acknowledges it is called debenture or bond. It is a formal contract between the issuer of the debt security(borrower) and the holder(debtor). The terms debenture and bond are used interchangeably. When a government, semi-government, public financial instituition or company issues debt security, we call it bond. When a private company issues it, we call it debenture.
Companies divides their capital into small units of equal denomination. These units are called shares. The companies then sell these shares to increase their capital.
Income earned by the shareholder(who purchased the share) on shares is called Dividend.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Farooq.authorities</i>
<br />I am student of B.comII but am confused in ratios chapter.. /
can any of my teacher or elder can solve my problem by give me accurate difference of Shares, Debenture, Bonds, and Dividend..

I shall be thankful to that person..
M.FAROOQ REHMANI.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sahres is the instrument, which company may issued to a general public with a fix par rate, on which company distribute its profit which called dividend.

Debenture is the Liability Instrument and may reimbursed after a fix period, you see the term like "10% debenture reimbursed after 5 years" & so its means this debenture have 10% interest on it.
Thank u very very much.. )
Allah ap dono ko khush rakhy.. Ameen )
Farooq samajh aa gaya hai na? Don't just copy paste what we have written. Agar samajh nahin aya to pooch lo
Ji Sir, samajh agaya hai..
Thanks alot.. )