Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CA as career
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

I would like to find out if chartered accountancy (from ICAP) is any better as compared to other careers like civil engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, IT etc. while keeping in to perspective job opportunities in Karachi, US and UK.

Please also advise on the salary expectations (specially in Pakistan).

Will one need any "reference" to find a job in CA industry once have got qualified???

Thanks
my advice.. go and watch 3 idiots and you will find the answer

Rgds,
I am still looking to find out a proper advise...

@arsenal.gooner - rather than recommending 3 idiots recommend everyone the complete list of movies you have in mind for all the questions asked (or will be asked)by the members. Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aaa123</i>
<br />I am still looking to find out a proper advise...

@arsenal.gooner - rather than recommending 3 idiots recommend everyone the complete list of movies you have in mind for all the questions asked (or will be asked)by the members. Regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

well not everyone is an idiot out here.. all career fields offer rewarding careers as long as you are competent.. so go for the one in which your interest lies.. no pun intended

Rgds,
well if u can first degree/qualification in engg thats gr8.

u should keep ca as optional as it is different from ur current studies if u studied science as main subject in earlier studies.

u dont need reference for ca though.

thx
Salam....

CA is best as far as salary and other benifits is concerned. But it requires alot of sincere efforts and strong commitment..

I would also recommend Go where ur interest lies...
agree with arsenal.gooner cent percent!!

dont ever make money a career... know what you are good at...go for it...and money will follow you...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sayyaf</i>
<br />Salam....

CA is best as far as salary and other benifits is concerned. But it requires alot of sincere efforts and strong commitment..

I would also recommend Go where ur interest lies...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Sayyaf . . Pehchana ?[D]
First think alot alot alot and then come in to CA ... By and Large there's no other Professional Qualification that Guarantees you A broad scope ... But Hardwork,Hardwork,Hardwork,and Hardwork is all what CA is about... Consult your Parents,Relatives ...

But do that where your Interest goes ...

best wishes to you my dear [)]
agree with arsenal.gooner
And i would say do what ever u like and pray to Almighty Allah that Allah Blesses you with career decision making.
About CA career what i can tell is it takes real hard work to become a chartered accountant.Hard work not just in terms of Study hours but you are supposed to sacrifice you family events, friends and other normal life activities which one normally does.

from A-D its bit confortable.....
but once you join an audit firm your like is on fire....because you are surrounded by multiple pressures one of them is passing the papers and other work pressure of firm....

once u are done with ur CA....thats what we call a dream come true...Inshallah...
than new challanges in life start like job search ....whether i should stay in audit firm or industry....local or abroad?????

once you done with JOB selection than other issues like working routine and politics....family issues... promotion issues.....bla bla bla...

so in CA you will earn alot......if u r competent and a little lucky..but surely ....you will sacrifice alot...
i dont think CAs are psychologically fit sane persons!!!1
People might disagree...with me

regards