Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Aptitude test of E&Y khi plz help me ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have applied at E&Y Karachi for trainee and very soon they will be conducting an aptitude test. Students who have given this test previously can you guys please tell the topics that were examined at your take and what will be the duration of the test.

I've searched and looked for it on the forum but could'nt find much detail or any thread but only 2 oe 3 replies in different threads.

Plz help guys...
what is the criteria of EnY this time?
same as in previous years professional level student
More than 60 reads and not even a single reply, come on guys my test might be on 23 march. It appears once all the trainee gets the contract they never bother replying and hleping others.
hey flscv.....
unfortunately i could not get contract last time ,,may b thts y i m replying you,,,,
there are basically 4 sections
1st one is Financial reporting asking about bull**** lifo fifo and yaeh the important IASs,,, 2nd one is English, ask candidates to write an essay on any hot topic,,,, 3rd one GK and the last one tests ur IQ (not so much difficult),,,time duration is one hour i thnk bt not sure,,,, cant tell u in detail partly it ll tak a noteable time and partly it has been since a long time ,,,,,
what about law ? tax ? costing ? Financial Management?
acca and ca's will be giving test together, mostly acca students give uk tax and law. They wont be conducting seperate test.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by masroorahmed</i>
<br />hey flscv.....
unfortunately i could not get contract last time ,,may b thts y i m replying you,,,,
there are basically 4 sections
1st one is Financial reporting asking about bull**** lifo fifo and yaeh the important IASs,,, 2nd one is English, ask candidates to write an essay on any hot topic,,,, 3rd one GK and the last one tests ur IQ (not so much difficult),,,time duration is one hour i thnk bt not sure,,,, cant tell u in detail partly it ll tak a noteable time and partly it has been since a long time ,,,,,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hot topic? will there be topics to choose from? and will it relate to accounting or auditing or it will be just an english language essay?
and what about AUDIT STANDARDS???
study as much ISA'S as you can