Accountancy Forum

Full Version: The Power of Good Manners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Power of Good Manners

Do you like rude people? Do you mind if someone interrupts you? Are you happy when people ignore you?

Of course not. No one likes bad manners.

People with bad manners are rejected. They do not get the good jobs or the promotions. Their businesses do not succeed.

People with good manners are accepted. They are liked and supported. They have friends, luck and success.

"In a culture, manners are the lubrication that ease the frictions of social contacts." -- L. Ron Hubbard

When you improve your manners, you improve your chances for success.

12 Examples of Good Manners
1. Be polite to everyone you meet. You will never regret being too polite, but you might regret being rude. For example, when you go on a sales call or job interview, be courteous to receptionists and assistants as they can affect your chances of succeeding.

2. Use the magic words as often as possible "Hello," "Please," "Excuse me," "Sorry" and these two most important words "Thank you."

3. Use good manners in all of your communications. Examples
Return telephone and e-mail messages within 24 hours.
Do not use swear words or vulgar words.
If you receive a rude message, do not respond with rudeness, but be polite.
Do not interrupt people.
Make sure people are ready to listen to you before you start talking.
Talk less than 50% of the time.

4. Leave generous tips for food servers, luggage handlers, car valets, hairdressers or barbers who do their jobs.

5. Use good manners as a driver. Weaving in and out of heavy traffic and cutting in front of other cars only gains you a few seconds of time. If you are courteous, patient and calm, you arrive safely and more relaxed.

6. Do not blow your nose, use toothpicks or perform other bodily activities in front of guests or people you respect. Never smoke around a non-smoker.

7. Show your appreciation at every opportunity, even for small things. "Thank you for returning my call." "Your advice has been very helpful." "I appreciate your taking the time to meet with me."

8. Arrive on time or early for appointments. When you arrive late, you appear to be disrespectful, disorganized or both.

9. A good sense of humor is good manners. However, jokes about race, disability or sex are bad manners. Tell clean jokes about yourself or pass on humorous stories that anyone would enjoy.

10. If someone treats you with bad manners, do not lower yourself to the same level. Smooth out the friction with your best manners. For example, "I'm sure you have a good reason to swear at me, but I think we can work this out so we're both happy. Can you take a minute and try?"

11. Before starting important conversations, meals or meetings, turn off your cell phone. Ignoring people while you use your cell phone is disrespectful. You can probably leave your cell phone off for hours with no lasting harm.

12. Do not try to show off or prove you are more important than others. This is called "one-upmanship" and is poor manners. For example, a friend is excited about meeting an important scientist. You immediately "top" him and tell about the time when you met a much more important scientist. Instead, share your friend's excitement without bringing up your own story.

As you improve your manners, you will enjoy more support, admiration and respect from everyone around you.
nice stuff )
jab main nay yeah email 1st time parhi thi tu mijhay bilkul bhi nice nahi lagi thi
cause
meray boss nay mijhay 1st forward mail yeah wali send ki thi
or main soach main perh gaya tha k kia meray manners bohat kharaab hain ? hahhaha
)
Very nice A.O -D
nice saying
Beautiful Points ,,, Thank you so much.