Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Aff's Sections (Karachi) Plz Reply KamranACA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Friends out there .. this is my 2nd post on this forum .. i wanted to ask about the sections at aff ... they ve given little hint that it is C for you as it is the largest section and we need lot of trainees always there.... but i am more into Section A as it is focuses on Manufacturing and services .... lets c where they place us ..Its their decision...

but is it true? that if we are doing only Financial Sector then we'll b employed in 1 ..as may be manager finance , or manager accounts or cfo ..company secretary is ok but dont want Only and only Finanacial Sector ...and i believe financial sector is not for me as i dont want to do ca to work in a Bank ! and earn from there..
ferguson trains their trainees in a very decent way...so whatever the section is....u will learn alot....
As per my information C-section is a very nice section to work at; and I reckon it is supervised by Rasheed Jaffar sahib who is a very nice person and a seasoned professional. Just go for it. Financial sector is a very wider subject and does not merely mean a job in some bank eventually. You will learn the facts with the passage of time.

If you are at section C; and if it is headed by Rasheed Jafar sahib; just go for it.

Regards,
@kamranACA thank you for seeing me plea i am obliged [)]..

well my 2nd interview was taken by Mr Rashid Ahmed Jaffer himself ..he is definitely very supportive.. he gave me a little hint that it is C for u(as he also suggested this to others he interviewed) .. and he encouraged me to qs him so i asked where wuld i b placed he said ill c what i can do but we have most trainees at c as it is the largest section and has the most vacancies ...

i decided to reason that i am more interested in Manufacturing and services and that we have in section a so i suggested A or b section but then he presented some more reasons to me.He said if you do manufac. only then if you are offered a job in a bank then what will you do .I said sir dont u think the opposite will happen if i am in C he said yes but thats not a problem if your articles is from Fergusons then its no problem it'll take u a lil time to settle in for example manufac. but its ok and let me tell you all sections are a mixture and Even Section C is not only Banks we have other clients also so you need not worry...

Then he again asked me what u think now .. Now i wasnt sure wht to say so i gave a dheela dhala response.Then he said I will see what i can do sections are not final yet but he said you are not clear on on your section preference(as i didnt know i would have to reason)...he guided me on how to behave at a client,preapred me for lot of late sittings etc etc ...

After the Interview i thought such a Veteran professional is saying this so it must b definitely correct..and i should not hesitate if i am placed in section C ...i am prepared for that..

ive heard all good things about all sections at aff..
Rasheed Jaffer sb has been the "shaagird" of one of my "usaatds" and is always praised whenever he is under discussion.

The ones who give due weightage to the sayings and guidance of their teachers/mentors/principals, are always blessed.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Mr Rashid is himself so senior and any of his teachers must be super seniors of CA ... anyways i am thankful for all your guidance ..jazakallah
can you plz also guide me what will v b taught in the training before joining in the firm .. we r scheduled to have a 2 weeks induction course from 25th this month...
@cs007

Induction training or 'Go Audit 1', as its formally called at AFF, is a wonderful experience. You will learn the basic PwC Audit Methodologies, a hands-on experience of the audit software used, ITGC policies, Code of ethics etc. etc.

Ya and also some basic information such as where are the sections located, where is the photocopier (by the way he sits in Section C)etc. etc.

What you'll learn the most is interpersonal skills... interviewing techniques, how to deal with people, basic business etiquette (infact there will be a session on 'how to dress at work'). Trust me, you'll enjoy a lot... and ya... you will definitely make a lot of friends... and i mean a lot.

Best of luck )
@odyssee ok thankyou mr/ms odyssee ... i am obliged ... where does it take place ? we've been told by the partner that its not final it may be icap or it may be aff ..

I heard that we'll b trained by our seniors ..means who are in the firm for around 3 to 4 years ...
@odyssee and plz also tell when will b called ? they said we may call or we may email Ms Uzma said this ... when i should expect 1 ? training starts 25th
I called them and Miss Uzma said that we ll call you guys in this week. Although it was such a dumb answer but it gave me assurance that they havent called anyone.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Odyssee</i>
<br />@cs007

Induction training or 'Go Audit 1', as its formally called at AFF, is a wonderful experience. You will learn the basic PwC Audit Methodologies, a hands-on experience of the audit software used, ITGC policies, Code of ethics etc. etc.

Ya and also some basic information such as where are the sections located, where is the photocopier (by the way he sits in Section C)etc. etc.

What you'll learn the most is interpersonal skills... interviewing techniques, how to deal with people, basic business etiquette (infact there will be a session on 'how to dress at work'). Trust me, you'll enjoy a lot... and ya... you will definitely make a lot of friends... and i mean a lot.

Best of luck )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It's loving to see you around Odyssee.

So, you are also a part of AFF eventually?

Keep in touch.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by basit_namdar</i>
<br />I called them and Miss Uzma said that we ll call you guys in this week. Although it was such a dumb answer but it gave me assurance that they havent called anyone.

i c the dumb missing in this ? whats the dumb answer
they definitely have to call us in this week as the training is about to start from Monday i.e. the first day of the next week. I guess they should have been able to tell the day.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cs007</i>
<br />@odyssee ok thankyou mr/ms odyssee ... i am obliged ... where does it take place ? we've been told by the partner that its not final it may be icap or it may be aff ..

I heard that we'll b trained by our seniors ..means who are in the firm for around 3 to 4 years ...

Traditionally 'Go-Audit' sessions are held at ICAP. Infact 'Go-Audit 2' was held last week also at ICAP. Dont know why they haven't finalized the venue as yet. I am sure that the HR will communicate to you by Friday.

And yes, the training sessions will be conducted by seniors (not necessarily 3-4 year senior). AMs, Managers, Senior Managers and Partners will also conduct some of the sessions.

Wish u all the best.
Pages: 1 2