Accountancy Forum

Full Version: internship help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
salam
my friend i am part qualified means clear to part2.and please tell me can i get internship in big four firm, because some one told that even you pass the ACCA full papers still u can not get internship in big four by passing their test unless you have a reference, please brothers guide me, and also mention the dates of internship for all big four

Regard
afrasiab
Dear if you have reference you can get internship in big four....but i suggest you to first complete your qualification...thn go for the firm...usually firms start intake in September and April...if you have strong reference they can pick you any time....
As far as I know, amongst the Big 4 firms, only KPMG and Ernst & Young hire part qualified. The problem you may face currently is that both these firms have gotten over with their recruitment process. However, you can try next session. Keep in mind, you don't need to have any reference to get into the Big 4 firms, just make sure you have a good academic record. I got selected in 3 of the Big 4 firms with absolutely no reference.
Just relax at home and concentrate on the books. Once you're in a firm, they won't let you study. Then you'd be like a rudderless boat or a corpse that fails to achieve anything. Also, once done with ACCA, move to commercial sector. CA firms are not a good place to get trained. They might turn you into a retard.