Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CIA after CA Inter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,
As CIA is a supplement certification for pursuing a career in Internal Audit. Can C.A Inter be regarded as base qualification in accounting and audit with CIA?
I mean can C.A Inter build a strong academic background for a specialization like CIA ?

Kind Regards,
Dustgir
you can do CIA but i dont know if you will meet the entry requirements since it is a bachelors degree or a professional qualification..

I am a Commerce graduate as well
yeah but internationally, a bachelor's degree is equal to 16 years of education. with your bcom, you will only have 14 years of education.

why not confirm straight from the IIA. because with a professional qualification like ACCA, CA, CIMA, you only have to give 3 papers. 4th one is exempt. so maybe with your CA inter, you might be allowed to get provisional registration and membership subject to you passing CA.
Dear,
I am not asking about eligibility criteria.
It is said that with CIA certification one has to have a degree or certification in Accounting and Finance because CIA is a supplement degree or a specialization in one certain area.
I am asking is C.A Inter alone is enough to have knowledge of Accounts/Tax/Law ?
And I will be thankful if you can also tell detailed job description of an Internal Auditor in Pakistani Industry.

Kind Regards,
Dustgir
Internal audit culture is rapidly getting stronger in Pakistan now. In Pakistan most of the internal audit jobs are already occupied by CA part qualified people, therefore obviously CIA will add extra advantage to your CV. Also CIA qualification is becoming important in Pakistan due to increasing demand of this certification by state bank and other commercial banks. In Auditor General of Pakistan also CIA is highly regarding qualification. You can judge its importance that AGP conducts classes of CIA and finance its employees to pass CIA exams. Also now state bank requires all the commercial banks to have CIA/CISA qualified persons in their top management.
@ arsenal
basic qualification for entry into CIA programme is graduation accepted by HEC in Pakistan regardless whether it is of 2 years or 4
And wat about Job description of an Internal Auditor?
Is it same as of an external auditor but working internally for the organization?
Plz comment on job description of an Internal Auditor..........