Accountancy Forum
Resolving rumours and myths about ACCA in Pak - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Resolving rumours and myths about ACCA in Pak (/showthread.php?tid=7520)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- kamranACA - 03-08-2010

Dard Miaan

ACCA has not killed relative of any one; so there is no enemity for any such reason. Neither I am an ACCA nor I would like to be at any point of time since I know a lot better exists every where.

The thing is very simple and straightforward; it might be a good designation some where else (if you feel so or believe so) but in Pak you can't get what you foresee by holding this certificate. It is two plus two. If adverts published inspire you, then keep on having such inspiration.

On the other way, if after debating a lot and making out every point, you (or other. ACCA fellows) eventually at their own opt to or plan to do CA because it is more worth in market, then you know what it is called.

Nothing else I am trying to make you understand; if some body understands it and have the courage to accept it then he is proving what I said. It is called "other way round".

I hope you would stick to your ACCA at least though I dislike the language used by some one else for conveying same message.

Regards,

- Dard - 03-08-2010

Dear Kamran bhai,
Except the EU, Middle East and Uk, ACCAs do need support of local qualification of a country. And reasons have been explored many times. When did i deny the market acceptability of ICAP's C.A in Pak? It's a local qualification, and has an upper hand in terms of market acceptability.
But the thing which struck me is that at one time you accept the fact that ACCA has recognition in the Uk and middle East, then you change it and say "if YOU or others feel so or believe so that it is recognised SOMEWHERE else"
To Readers
The informations shown here are not accepted by some, because they just don't want to accept it

- lost - 03-08-2010

No doubt ACCA is recognized in UK,Ireland and Middle East. But not everyone wants to go there. Neither these countries are thirsty for Pakistani ACCAs. Whereas i know its not easy to get work permit under Tier 1 General Highly skilled immigration (UK) merely on the basis of ACCA. Now Immigration points of UK are based on "Earnings" so ICAP members can more easily get work permit coz they earn more than ACCA. So whats the benefit of ACCA recognition in UK as its not helping a lot to get to UK on work permit.

- Dard - 03-08-2010

Agreed lost. Uk isn't thirsty of any nationality's professionals. You can't guarantee a job there even if you are an american. Same about Ireland. I had an article about it, i would see if i can find it. In the middle east some jobs specifically mention that the applicant must be an indian/pakistani
For the tier 1 category you need a minimum 52,000rs(round about) salary/month(including bonuses) of the preceding 12months. An ACCA(member) in Pakistan would be earning that much. After immigration, you need to find a job there too, so being an ACCA will be more beneficial post-arrival.
And for Canada you don't even have to show earnings for federal skilled migrants category, just need to provide evidence of 1years relevant supervisory or managerial level paid job

- ACCAite - 03-08-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Dear Kamran bhai,
Except the EU, Middle East and Uk, ACCAs do need support of local qualification of a country. And reasons have been explored many times. When did i deny the market acceptability of ICAP's C.A in Pak? It's a local qualification, and has an upper hand in terms of market acceptability.
<b>But the thing which struck me is that at one time you accept the fact that ACCA has recognition in the Uk and middle East, then you change it and say "if YOU or others feel so or believe so that it is recognised SOMEWHERE else"</b>To Readers
The informations shown here are not accepted by some, because they just don't want to accept it
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I second this post Kamran Saahab. The highlighted sentence says it all.

- kamranACA - 03-08-2010

Dears

You can second each other on whatever you like; but this very point does not make sense if you in fact read all posts of mine.

I am always of the view that ACCA is good at UAE or UK (with certain red signals that I have always attached) and is also good at other locations if you want to use it as a "gate-way".

When I wrote ......"it might be a good designation some where else (if you feel so or believe so)"....., it was in response to those including Dard who believe it worths (if done from Pakistan) at so many locations e.g. EU, Malaysia, China, Canada, Australia etc. Since I materially disagree with this understanding, the sentence you picked was there.

As far as red signals are concerned at UAE or UK, these are already discussed and briefly include

- the situation prevelant at UAE where every one is welcomed with a tag of some qualification and where ACCA is no exception.

- UK, where an ACCA from Pakistan does not have very promising prospects specially in the situation where they cannot fully accomodate their own qualified people for the recent financial melt down and resultant severe unemployment, the guys flying from Pak will have least opportunities. (Yet it is a red signal, and does not outweigh all the expectations).

- we may be feeling that others (like UK) don't discriminate and Pakistanis are more than welcomed, but fact has to remain otherwise. Our people struggle too hard and oftenly end up doing irrelevant jobs. (yet it may not be applicable in all cases).

I hope we don't need to go at detailed red signals since it is not the purpose of at least this post.

If one cannot leave for U.K. or has no such plan, there is no sense of arguing ACCA in his case, even knowing that CA is better here in Pak and all such (majority at least) ACCAs eventually have to or plan to do CA. UAE is not an issue at all since Pak CAs are equally (I believe in far better proportion) are accepted at UAE. (We are not discussing rare cases here).

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Dard - 03-08-2010

Everyone has a difference of opinion, and can keep doing so
As far as U.K economy is concerned, it has been improving since the last quarter of last year and employement oppurtunities have increased. In one of the BIG4, they recruited about 3400(i forgot the exact figure) more PpL than last year
What are rare cases to me might not be rare to someone else, because he might have witnessed more of them
You forgot to mention Ireland and EU along with Uk and UAE. ACCAs are allowed to practise in the EU, which shows it's worth. Ofcourse some may not agree with this too.And yes, red signals are there in the U.K and EU

- arsenal.gooner - 03-09-2010

kamran bhai just a question.

There are ACCAs in the IAS and IFRS committees. HOW MANY ICAP MEMBERS ARE IN IAS ???

plz let me know and increase my knowledge.

- kamranACA - 03-09-2010

Can you let me know a singal Pakistani ACCA is such committees?

When you will reply this, I will answer your question as well.

This is the thing which you people are not getting at.

I let you know that Pakistani CA is currently at IAASB board.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Dard - 03-09-2010

He did not say "There are Pakistani ACCAs in the committees". He said there are ACCAs. I wonder why did you ask specifically about PAKISTANI ACCAs. The point is ACCA "members" are there in the committees

- arsenal.gooner - 03-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Can you let me know a singal Pakistani ACCA is such committees?

When you will reply this, I will answer your question as well.

This is the thing which you people are not getting at.

I let you know that Pakistani CA is currently at IAASB board.

Regards,

Kamran.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Kamran bhai, sorry to say but i dont know why despite being a chartered accountant, you seem to be a very insecure person to me. I shouldnt be saying this but you always try to pick a fight.

I was just asking a simple question because i really wanted to know if an ICAP member is on the board. I am neither against ACCA nor ICAP. And let me tell you, i would be the most proud person to know if their is a local representative in IAASB (whether its ICAP, ICMA, PIPFA of even BCOM)

Time and again when i have studied IAS and IFRS, i have always turned over to look at the people who were on the board hoping that i might find any representative of ICAP, but i never found any such name.

I would appreciate if you can let us know the member of ICAP who has the privilege to represent our country on the world forum.

Rgds,

- ausmanpk2001 - 03-09-2010

Initially I opted for ICAP CA & during the enrollment, the course coordinator recommended to do ACCA first & than go for ICAP CA because ACCA is easier to pass. That route sounded better so I enrolled in ACCA.

Now the reason why ACCA is easier to pass is known widely. That is because of a structured exam approach & very properly outlined syllabus & no bias in passing unlike ICAP (at least this is what fellow CA students say, don't have any personal experience though).

As far as the quality of the curriculum & overall qualification is concerned, I have already commented on that.
According to my personal experience you have to work hard & need to have almost complete grip on the syllabus in order to pass. I DONOT find myself/fellow ACCA students at a level lower than the fellow CA students/colleagues, maybe higher in some areas which are not covered in the CA Inter syllabus; who have passed the similar papers of ICAP e.g. reporting, cost accounting etc. etc.
At workplace a lot of things, other than the knowledge which comes from passing papers, matter. At least that has been my experience.

The ACCA qualification is of high quality & can easily compete with ANY professional accountancy qualification anywhere across the globe.
There should be absolutely no doubt at all regarding the high quality of ACCA qualification.

PS Not degrading ICAP CA at all, only commenting on the quality of ACCA.
My role models these days are ICAP members (1 FCA & 1 ACA) from whom I'm learning a lot.

- kamranACA - 03-09-2010

Buddies

If you feel any one insecure who makes you to understand something for your well-being then it does not matter at all. It has been happening from ages. If you cannot understand something it does not mean the other is insecure. What every one aims to do while sparing time for others is something that perhaps no one can understand except him and I believe every body can have his own objectives for whatever he is doing.

Pakistani ACCA's representation is asked because I always stress that Pakistanis should reconsider their exercising of ACCA option while they are at Pakistan and they have to be located at Pakistan.; since they are being misguided and the hard earned money of their parents is being squeezed out by others. I always pointed out how Pakistani ACCAs (without any other tag) are taken to be at UK. Here Pakistani ACCA means the one who qualifies ACCA while residing at Pakistan and completes his training in Pakistan.

I know "majority" cannot understand what I am mentioning because had it been the capacity to do so, it would have been understood far before. Time is the best teacher and people learn by self experience; so I am no body to convert any one’s mindset. I only find it expedient to let the others know what I deem most suitable; and this also I do in majority of cases when am inquired to do so or circumstances warrant me to do so as a member of this forum. Every one is independent in his judgment and is of course independent in his decisions.

ICAP has around 4000 members while comparing hundred thousands of professional accountants on the globe coming from various back grounds. Note it; it is hundred thousands or may be more. The political seats are given based upon how strong voice you have politically (and not professionally) as a nation and as a country. This voice has nothing to do with expertise, qualification, quality of a particular institute etc. Rather, it finds its roots in much different and detailed perspective. Still Pakistan has its representation through Mr. Abdullah Yousaf at IAASB from last three years and his tenure has been extended for a further three years period. I agree this is a thing of inspiration and happiness for our-selves.

Notwithstanding the above, LET’S see why our voice is low globally; our nation is begging the whole world, be it US, Europe or "friends of Pakistan". We have an ugly image of Talibanization, we are terrorists, rigids, beggars, bribers, dishonests, starved, dependents, outdated, backward, illiterate, failures, and ill-mannered, when our picture is conveyed to any one in the world at whatever forum or level.

This does not leave us even if we are better at certain times and certain places and I believe we are better at certain times and certain places. That’s why we produced the people who have represented us in so many fields of life. We have people like Nusrat when music comes into question, we have people like Faiz, Gul Jee and Sadqain when art is discussed, we have best players of the world like Jahangir, Jan Sher, and many more when sports are analyzed, we have Dr. Salam (Pakistani Nobel prize winner; a non-muslim Pakistani) when science is questioned, we have people like Zafarullah Khan (President of International Court of Justice; a UNOs court, and also President of UN General Assembly; a non-muslim Pakistani) when representation at United Nations is discussed; we have people like M.A. Jinnah and Z.A. Bhutto when law, leadership and politics comes under question, we have men like Mustafa Kamal when utmost hard work is analyzed and we have people like Masud Ali Naqvi (who leads KPMG in 17 countries of south asia) and Abdullah Yousaf (a member of IAASB) when profession is discussed.

Yet, these all facts fail to raise our solid and louder voice due to enormous factors when the country and nation as a whole is viewed since we unfortunately are sighted as meager, dwarf, dependent and handicapped.

In these circumstances if a 4000 compared to hundred thousands (may be more) has succeeded to find a place to represent the world’s apex body, it is an achievement.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- ausmanpk2001 - 03-09-2010

Kamran Bhai!

As I said earlier there is absolutely NO doubt that ICAP CA is the most prestigious & highest paying accountancy qualification in Pakistan & NO doubts about the quality of ACCA qualification either.

You know market conditions better than most of us because you have lot more experience & are qualified. Never meant to offend or disrespect you in any way!
There is a lot of difference between having theoretical knowledge & actually experiencing things first hand.
I agree with you.

- Atifboss - 03-09-2010

Yar....is purani laraii ko choro.... i am making a new statement.... MBA's are managers and they all ACCA , ICMA,CMA they are nothing but just accountants and consultants... so think bigger.... be an MBA