Accountancy Forum
Future of CA or Acturial Science - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Future of CA or Acturial Science (/showthread.php?tid=10082)

Future of CA or Acturial Science - A. Amin - 07-08-2011

I will be over with my A levels next year and am thinking of the best possible career path in Pakistan.
my choices are CA (then CFA maybe) or Actuarial Science
--can anyone please give me a heads up on which will be a better field and i am interested in both.
--What are the future job prospects for both these fields in middle eastern countries like UAE?
--in acturial science ive heard that a person joins some insurance company(State life) and then gives these papers.i need more info on that.
--What is the future of CA in Pakistan.ive heard that it is becoming very common and due to some changes in exam procedure people can pass it more easily as they done have to give all the papers again if they fail in one paper.

- zahid 13456 - 07-08-2011

In both professions you'll have bright future.But ,i would suggest you actuaries, reason everyone can't do CA of ICAP and all you abovesaid about CA is differs in reality.

- AaronMan - 07-08-2011

CA is still and will remain the Gold Standard for the Audit and Assurance sector in Pakistan.
Big 4 operate and a fair amount of competition is still there due to mid tier firms.
CA is a good option.
You come from A' levels, you get like 2 or 3 basic papers exempted in Module A and B.
If you're capable you complete ABCD in 2 years time and join firm and do E and F alongside.
in around 5 years, you are an ACA.

CFA, some say the economy of Pakistan is not sophisticated enough for growth of CFA so a saturation point may soon be reached. Ass time goes by people are shifting their attention to CFA and this would lead to more students and more competition and lesser salaries and shorter contracts and so on so forth twisty.
And i don't think you can start CFA directly after A' Levels.

If you plan for CA + CFA thats a really long commitment.

Choose wisely, do what you feel you have an inclination to, u may find urself stuck and u wont know how u got there, the cae with 99% of our countries students.

You can conquer the world, determinant, how committed are you?

- saim khan - 07-08-2011

how long the intership of ca ?

- AaronMan - 07-08-2011

Well, firstly

An INTERNSHIP, is a pre-professional experience that provides an opportunity to gain relevant knowledge and skills prior to starting out in a particular field.
Internships, span from 2 to 8 weeks and thats about it.

The word you are looking for is ARTICLESHIP, aka Articles.
In articles a firm keeps you as a TRAINEE and takes you to clients and an articleship these days is of a set 3 years contract.
But due to the competition and registration timings firms make you do a 6 month or so period before they give you a contract.
So an ARTICLESHIP is typically 3 to 3.5 years

- saim khan - 07-09-2011

does we got salary in intership ?if we got then how much we got?

- saim khan - 07-09-2011

how much year cat will clear ??????????????? and thankxc alot 4 guiding us

- AaronMan - 07-09-2011

You are welcome, it felt really nice to be appreciated. -)

Internship, well, mostly unpaid. When I was interning in Deloitte I was just reimbursed for my travelling and other expenses, that too after 3 months of me spending it from my own pocket. But i worked hard, flunked my P2. Hahaha

You wouldn't need CAT if you got atleast B's in maths and english in O' Levels and atleast two A' Levels. If my memory serves me correctly.

You can either clear CAT ( 10 papers i guess ) and then get exempted from F1,2,3.
Or clear T1,2,3,4,5 of CAT and move to start ACCA from scratch.

- saim khan - 07-09-2011

in how many month or year cat will complete

- AaronMan - 07-10-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saim khan</i>
<br />in how many month or year cat will complete
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Depends on you, but it takes 1 year.