Accountancy Forum
Dilemma - University Blacklisted by HEC - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Dilemma - University Blacklisted by HEC (/showthread.php?tid=10096)

Dilemma - University Blacklisted by HEC - muhammadahmer - 07-12-2011

Hi,

I am a new member to the forum. I have done my MBA 3 years back from a then recently opened private university. Unfortunately the University was found engaged in the recent fake degree scam, also the HEC issued a notification that disallowed the university to offer any fresh admissions. However before all this I got employed at one of the largest bank of Pakistan as an MTO purely on Merit basis. But when all this happened my reputation at the bank started to fall and everyone (esp HR people) are raising questions on my qualification. Although I have earned the degree with all due hard work and attended every single class never cheated any exam, what I am facing nowadays is just because of those ill doers who have no respect to anyone's hard work and devotion.

Nowadays I am in a dilemma that at the age of 28Yrs and married what is the way out?

I have chalked out some possible options

1. Do MBA again Now from an institution of good repute.

2. Go for ACCA (Claiming exemptions from F1, F2 and F3).

3. Do a Masters in IT. (I have background in Computers both academic and Professional).

4. Do nothing and see what happens next.

I have no interest in CIMA and I know I won't be able to do CFA because of shortage of time and other resources such as investment and devotion.

Please help me in taking a well informed decision and take me out of this state of de-motivation.

Thank you,

- Kasim - 07-12-2011

Option 4 is best if u dont want to go for more education cause of anyother reason

Cause if no fault on ur end then dont worry

plus i dont think so that banning any university cause of fake degrees can invalid degrees issued rightfully by same university.

regards

- muhammadahmer - 07-13-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kasim</i>
<br />Option 4 is best if u dont want to go for more education cause of anyother reason

Cause if no fault on ur end then dont worry

plus i dont think so that banning any university cause of fake degrees can invalid degrees issued rightfully by same university.

regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks for your reply but there is a little problem that is if I do nothing and say after 2 years some thing happens that otherwise shouldn't have then what? for example my current employer so nothing at the moment but when it come to my annual performance appraisal or my promotion they say that since so and so has happened and u have dome nothing about it we cannot promote u. (The bank I'm currently working for have a very well defined criteria for MTOs promotion and they give due weight-age to the employees education esp Masters.

- Kasim - 07-13-2011

Well then u may discuss this fact with ur employer i.e any one senior to u there in bank
but if u want to go safe then do try o have another master degree from open university etc
regards