Accountancy Forum
UAE Job Market: Ask your Queries Here! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: UAE Job Market: Ask your Queries Here! (/showthread.php?tid=10214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- DxB.Raf - 09-01-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wicky</i>
<br />hi

can u pl;z also tell that what should be style of CV for job seekers?

is it like here pak or any further changes needed for it?
thx
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Changed are needed. Do some google research and you will find out what a good cv looks like.

- wicky - 09-02-2011

ty 4 ur tip.

- hasan9900 - 09-02-2011

heyy
I went to dubai last year...i gotta say its an awesome place to live and work )

- essmaeel - 09-02-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DxB.Raf</i>
<br />Hello and salaam friends,

I have been reading this forum for a long time but never registered.

I recently moved to dubai for employment purpose and got my job within a month of moving.

I am starting this thread for members who have queries regarding employment here in UAE and gulf region. All kinds of queries are welcome related to market, jobs, visa, degrees etc.

I will try to answer you guys to the best of what i know. The purpose of this thread is to provide accurate and latest information to the members.

Please keep your questions as brief as you can and avoid flaming and useless arguments. [)]

Regards
S

Sir can you tell me what are chances of a fresh ACCA Affilate and ICAEW (Finalist) of getting a job in Gulf?

Does big four hire fresh qualified candidates?
Please tell me about industry there? If i apply for job in industry what are my chances of getting inducted?

Thank You

- hasan9900 - 09-03-2011

essmaeel bhai.
My cousin went to UAE 2 months back after completing his ACCA (he was also an afiliate). He got a salary package of 6500AED. Contact me if you need any help

- essmaeel - 09-03-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />essmaeel bhai.
My cousin went to UAE 2 months back after completing his ACCA (he was also an afiliate). He got a salary package of 6500AED. Contact me if you need any help

Thanks for the reply brother. Please do tell me more about your cousin because i am planning to move to UAE in March...
Kindly give me your email id so i can talk to you in detail.

- hasan9900 - 09-03-2011

Esmaeel bhi i sent you my email.

Btw guys. could anyone help me out here. I'd really appreciate answers from anyone who could help. I've been asking for help for quite sometime now but no one seems to care ( kia zamana aagaya hai P JK

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26052

- essmaeel - 09-04-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />Esmaeel bhi i sent you my email.

Btw guys. could anyone help me out here. I'd really appreciate answers from anyone who could help. I've been asking for help for quite sometime now but no one seems to care ( kia zamana aagaya hai P JK

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26052

I didn't get it dude.
email me at essmaeel@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks )

- hasan9900 - 09-04-2011

esmaeel bhai thank u so much for your reply in my thread. ii've posted something there...please help me out.I'm also emailing you about my cousin )

- Shaan - 09-04-2011

Dear Dxb.Raf
First of all I wanna thank u for these wonderful advices… I have done my bachelors of commerce in this yr and I have experience of two yrs in the field of finance… now I am feeling that finance is losing its charm in the corporate world and as I am initial stage of my career so I have decided to move into field of import export in which I am deeply interested and I am trying to switch from my job get in this field and gain some professional experience… I am also doing a 4 month certification in import export..
I wanna know abt the job market of international trade in UAE and is it ok for me if I would move in UAE with my certification and 1 yr experience or should I have to do something else? Kindly mention the salary range too.
I know that my queries are out of your field but you might know from your gathering and surroundings or other sources..You could Take ur time but Please get me these guidelines coz I am very much worried abt my future and career. I would also appreciate your personal advices.

- hasan9900 - 09-04-2011

Shaan bhai
As you have read earlier. My cousin is in UAE these days working as an acca. I'll definetly ask him about your queries if you like.

- DxB.Raf - 09-05-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by essmaeel</i>
<br />
Sir can you tell me what are chances of a fresh ACCA Affilate and ICAEW (Finalist) of getting a job in Gulf?

Does big four hire fresh qualified candidates?
Please tell me about industry there? If i apply for job in industry what are my chances of getting inducted?

Thank You

Sorry for the late replies everyone. I was a little occupied.

A fresh ACCA Affiliate would find it VERY hard to get a job in industry here. There are very few jobs for fresh grads here which pay around 2-4k at Max. Min experience requirement has become 3 years and grad jobs have literally vanished. This is because experienced person with 3 years or less is ready to work on grad jobs if it pays 4-5k per month.

BIG4 firms regularly hire fresh grduates in all service lines. A grad normally starts from 8k AED per month. The hiring season is right now i.e. last quarter of the year for the BIG4 specially in audit. Whereras in other service lines such as advisory hiring goes round the clock. KPMG Advisory UAE has been on a hiring spree but it is hard to get them see your CV and call for interview. You will be surprised to know that i uploaded my CV on KPMG career site and sent my cv to their official recruitment email. However, i got interviewed through a recruitment agency! I enquired about this during interview and i was told that they outsource their recruitment specially till Senior level.

Most of us tend to rush in our career decisions. Every guy today in Pakistan wants to move out. I have heard people saying they would do any kind of job at any level. Don't get short sighted. You have a career of 25 years + ahead fo you. Make it work for yourself. I can confirm you that you will never get the kind of exposure you can get in Pakistan. If you work in a good listed company in finance for a year or 2 in the starting, you will reap the benefits of it.

I would always recommend getting SOME kind of experience (1-2 years) before moving here. Just my personal advise.

- DxB.Raf - 09-05-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Shaan</i>
<br />Dear Dxb.Raf
First of all I wanna thank u for these wonderful advices… I have done my bachelors of commerce in this yr and I have experience of two yrs in the field of finance… now I am feeling that finance is losing its charm in the corporate world and as I am initial stage of my career so I have decided to move into field of import export in which I am deeply interested and I am trying to switch from my job get in this field and gain some professional experience… I am also doing a 4 month certification in import export..
I wanna know abt the job market of international trade in UAE and is it ok for me if I would move in UAE with my certification and 1 yr experience or should I have to do something else? Kindly mention the salary range too.
I know that my queries are out of your field but you might know from your gathering and surroundings or other sources..You could Take ur time but Please get me these guidelines coz I am very much worried abt my future and career. I would also appreciate your personal advices.

By import and export i am guessing you are referring to logistics. My company itself is a manufacturing and trading company. We are actively involved in buying equipments from Germany, USA etc and selling it in Gulf countries including IRAQ and south Asia including Pakistan. Most of our orders exceed 5 million USD. The logistics guys are basically involved in LC, delivery, port issues, customs, chamber of commerce etc. Finance people do regularly cordinate with logistics department.

There are many trading companies in UAE with small to large logistics department. These jobs do not require any particular qualification. Most of the logistics guys at my company are BCOM and MCOM. The point is the kno how of regulations. I mean can you handle a shipment from germany which will be landed at Dubai Port and then shipped again to the customer in IRAQ or Pakistan. Thats the technical know how required. However, of course you can get an entry level job in logistics where you start fresh. Unfortunately i do not have a solid idea of these kind of jobs and the current market for them. I can confirm you that these jobs are available. You can go to gulf news job section and look for LOGISTICS positions. The only problem with logistics is that the banking and federal regulations on import export varies in every country. So you might be an expert logistics guy in Pakistan but might know very less of what goes in UAE.

Salary would range anything in between 6k - 12k. Depending on experience and company size mostly.

- DxB.Raf - 09-05-2011

<br />Shaan bhai
As you have read earlier. My cousin is in UAE these days working as an acca. I'll definetly ask him about your queries if you like.

Please post your cousins credentials here witholding personal information.

kindly refrain from giving references of cousins and friends. In the past 5 years i have heard many stories of my "Dost ka bhanja" "Bhai ka dost" "dost ka dost ka uncle" and stuff like this. My own cousin might go and tell his friends that my acca cousin is working in UAE and his salary is 20k which would be a lie. I know many close people in UAE, UK and USA who belong to finance and i have varified information about their jobs and salaries and work nature, but its not recommendable you start telling stories. I would like to ask you to invite your cousin here to the forum and to this thread.

Only post the information you know yourself first hand. People might be taking their next big decision based on information you provide.

Since you are an A Level student, you would hardly know anything about the field itself. No offence.

Thank you.

- hasan9900 - 09-05-2011

None taken DxB.Raf I was just trying to help since im in touch with my cousin alot. Why would i lie about it? Its not like im getting paid to lie to people on this forum! S Im not trying to be rude in any way though an would love to have your comments and advice on my thread )P.s I'd suggest this thread to my cousin