Accountancy Forum
Accouting Degree abroad - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Accouting Degree abroad (/showthread.php?tid=10301)

Accouting Degree abroad - hasan9900 - 09-02-2011

Hey guys.
i've posted threads here earlier but unfortunately nobody's willing to help me out (.
I need help with a huge career problem.Im an a'levels student...well i've just started a'lvels from roots. The problem is i cant seem to get a clear picture of what i want to do after a'levels. Dont worry...this is'nt one of those career-guidance thread. I know i want to get into accounting. Im planning on going to canada for my undergraduate degree in accouting anf finance.
The real problem is i want to do CA from canada and NOT from pakistan.My uncle and a cousin are chartered accountants of ICAP and they advised me not to go for it. I mean no offence to any ICAPian or anyone.
I'll give you the reason why im choosing canada. Its mainly because i see myself there working in the future. Our economy is falling and i really dont want to work here. Its also because i spent 5 years of my life in canada and i kinda like it (im not a citizen there).

Im desperate for answers. Everyone is welcome. I'd really appreciate answers from the senior members here. Torontoboy is more then welcomed since he's living in canada rightnow.

I KNOW IM ASKING LOADS OF QUESTIONS...BUT PLEASE DONT JUST READ IT, TRY TO ANSWER IF YOUR CAN )

- hasan9900 - 09-03-2011

come on guys!!!
help me bhaion aur behnoun!! ). Im greatly relying on answers from you guys ) )

- hasan9900 - 09-03-2011

ANYBODY?????
merey pyaray bhaion aur behnoun...hlp kardona ( [^]

- hasan9900 - 09-03-2011

Yar had hoti hai (
Koi toh kardey na D PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

- essmaeel - 09-04-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />Hey guys.
i've posted threads here earlier but unfortunately nobody's willing to help me out (.
I need help with a huge career problem.Im an a'levels student...well i've just started a'lvels from roots. The problem is i cant seem to get a clear picture of what i want to do after a'levels. Dont worry...this is'nt one of those career-guidance thread. I know i want to get into accounting. Im planning on going to canada for my undergraduate degree in accouting anf finance.
The real problem is i want to do CA from canada and NOT from pakistan.My uncle and a cousin are chartered accountants of ICAP and they advised me not to go for it. I mean no offence to any ICAPian or anyone.
I'll give you the reason why im choosing canada. Its mainly because i see myself there working in the future. Our economy is falling and i really dont want to work here. Its also because i spent 5 years of my life in canada and i kinda like it (im not a citizen there).

Im desperate for answers. Everyone is welcome. I'd really appreciate answers from the senior members here. Torontoboy is more then welcomed since he's living in canada rightnow.

I KNOW IM ASKING LOADS OF QUESTIONS...BUT PLEASE DONT JUST READ IT, TRY TO ANSWER IF YOUR CAN )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Brother, if you want to settle in CANADA then go for their CA. ICAO OR CGA. Because i talked to some professional accountants currently working in Big Four Canada, they said that they currently recruit chartered accountants from their own body.
If you go for ICAP or ACCA then in order to get membership of their body you need to be member of ACCA or ICAP (means you have to complete your articles).
Hope this helps. )

- hasan9900 - 09-04-2011

Esmaeel bhai,
I want to go for CICA (ICAO). I'll be applying to universities in canada for an undergraduate accoutning degree after my a'levels. I have no plans of going for icap bhai (I MEAN NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE IN ICAP). i'd love to settle down in canada or uae after that. Can you ask your professional accoutant freinds in canada that wats the procedure for international students to get the cica designation in canada (I WILL GO TO UNIVERSITY IN CANADA AFTER MY A'LEVELS...I DONT PLAN TO GO DIRECTLY FOR CA. I WANT TO GRADUATE FROM CANADIAN UNIVERSITY THEN GO FOR CA)

- DxB.Raf - 09-05-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hasan9900</i>
<br />Hey guys.

I understand why you don't want to persue local CA.

However, the economy is not falling. Its just not growing in Pakistan. Yet finance people are doing good there. As far as i know a fully qualified finance guy with 3 years articles can earn a min 25k and a max 100k +. So i precieve it to be a reasonable salary range coupled with a prospect to grow in future.

Going to Canada a Graduate degree in accounting is where you start from. Then you go for CGA or CICA. You will be able to find a job after your Grad degree. During your degree keep looking for internships to gain exposure.

You need to make sure your papers are correct and you will not find youself coming back to Pakistan due to immigration problems in the middle of your course.

I am not very sure if you can start CGA/CICA immidiately after A levels. If you can, i would say go for it and study for your degree with the professional qualification. You need to confirm this first.

Other option is that you go for ACCA in Pakistan and use the MOU between CGA and ACCA.

- hasan9900 - 09-05-2011

DxB.Raf
I'm definitely going to Canada with the RIGHT papers. My concern is that will i be able to secure a position for articleship in CICA's ATOs (approved offices)? Can international students do internships there?
And no bhai...students cant go for CGA/CICA after A'levels. You must get a degree since you get exemptions because of it too and it is compulsory according to there law.

- DxB.Raf - 09-06-2011

<br />DxB.Raf
I'm definitely going to Canada with the RIGHT papers. My concern is that will i be able to secure a position for articleship in CICA's ATOs (approved offices)? Can international students do internships there?
And no bhai...students cant go for CGA/CICA after A'levels. You must get a degree since you get exemptions because of it too and it is compulsory according to there law.

I think you should look into immigration rules. What visa would you be on and will it allow you to work on your articleship for CICA. You will start as student in a university gradually moving to professional qualifications and training/employment.

Secondly, you will face this situation no matter which qualification you go for. As i said every professional body has experience requirement and rightly so. If you are worried about getting articles/training, then you should re-think accountancy field.

Don't think too much about it right now. Articleship positions are stipend based and i feel they are always available for their low cost incentive.