Accountancy Forum
BBA or B.Com? Which One Should i do? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: BBA or B.Com? Which One Should i do? (/showthread.php?tid=10357)

BBA or B.Com? Which One Should i do? - Cod3Break3r - 09-14-2011

Hey Guys, I need your advice
I Passed 1st and 2nd year (11th and 12th) with F.Sc Pre-Medical

Now , I want to do BBA or B.Com.

What should I Do out of these two?

Also, In Which of the above, There is no Maths/Less Maths/ , Cos I had completed 11th and 12th with

Medical Subjects ,such as Chemistry,Physics and Biology and No Maths I Studied...

So Suggest me Guys , Which one should i Do?

Thanks

- Significant - 09-14-2011

Hi there!

I totally understand your situation since I did my pre-medical too. As far as my experience goes, there is not much difference between the maths courses offered in BBA and BCom, which is much simpler than the maths they teach at FSc, so don't let that daunt you, it's completely manageable for someone who has passed 10th grade maths.

About whether you should do your BBA or BCom, i suggest consider your own situation. BBA is a better option if you can afford to spend 4 years to get a good bachelors degree and then another two years for a masters, preferably MBA, because the job market for BBA graduates has never been very attractive. While BCom takes only two years and is less rigorous and you can land up an average job, the payoff is definitely higher if you do BBA and then MBA.

But then, unless you can get admission into the better-known places like IBA, LUMS, CBM, MAJU or SZABIST, it isnt of much use in building your career. If you cannot get into any of those places, I suggest you look at other other options like CA or ACCA or anything that fancies your interest, but BCom would be my last option.

My explanation might appear vague but as I said a lot depends on your circumstances, your career ambitions, and the amount of time and money you are prepared to invest. Consult with people in the field and choose wisely.

Hope that helps!

Ciao [)]

- Cod3Break3r - 09-14-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Significant</i>
<br />Hi there!

I totally understand your situation since I did my pre-medical too. As far as my experience goes, there is not much difference between the maths courses offered in BBA and BCom, which is much simpler than the maths they teach at FSc, so don't let that daunt you, it's completely manageable for someone who has passed 10th grade maths.

About whether you should do your BBA or BCom, i suggest consider your own situation. BBA is a better option if you can afford to spend 4 years to get a good bachelors degree and then another two years for a masters, preferably MBA, because the job market for BBA graduates has never been very attractive. While BCom takes only two years and is less rigorous and you can land up an average job, the payoff is definitely higher if you do BBA and then MBA.

But then, unless you can get admission into the better-known places like IBA, LUMS, CBM, MAJU or SZABIST, it isnt of much use in building your career. If you cannot get into any of those places, I suggest you look at other other options like CA or ACCA or anything that fancies your interest, but BCom would be my last option.

My explanation might appear vague but as I said a lot depends on your circumstances, your career ambitions, and the amount of time and money you are prepared to invest. Consult with people in the field and choose wisely.

Hope that helps!

Ciao [)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well yeah If i will DO BBA ,Then Yeah I will Spend one year in the last and it will be become MBA for Me.

and I will take admission in Arid Agriculture University ,Rawalpindi,Punjab.

and About B.Com , if i do that,then still I have to do Further M.Com or MBA etc so I think BBA is Better Option Isn't It?

and If i will do B.Com,then I will take Admission in Jinnah Informative College of Commerce ,Rawalpindi.