Accountancy Forum
FUTURE WITH OUT "BIG FOUR" - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FUTURE WITH OUT "BIG FOUR" (/showthread.php?tid=10448)

Pages: 1 2

FUTURE WITH OUT "BIG FOUR" - HERA BABY - 10-05-2011

HELLO to all the respected members of thz forum.....
i have posted thz big question coz every person thinking of starting CA
worry about it and rattle like mad to find its answer....
so plz shed some light on this topic remove students queries..
1)what is the future with our big4 of a person having ca inter and articles completed?
2)if a gradute goes dirctely for articleship in mid tier firms(ususally)
and cant able to complete ca then wat is her/his future??
3)how really important the big 4 is??

- DxB.Raf - 10-06-2011

Double post.

- DxB.Raf - 10-06-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DxB.Raf</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HERA BABY</i>
<br />HELLO to all the respected members of thz forum.....
i have posted thz big question coz every person thinking of starting CA
worry about it and rattle like mad to find its answer....
so plz shed some light on this topic remove students queries..
1)what is the future with our big4 of a person having ca inter and articles completed?
2)if a gradute goes dirctely for articleship in mid tier firms(ususally)
and cant able to complete ca then wat is her/his future??
3)how really important the big 4 is??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

People have started without big4s and have had successfull careers. Big4s give you an edge and added advantage and that is it. So you can have a great career without the big4 stamp on your cv. It is good but not a must.

Pakistani finance market is one the most competitive i must say. We have a very talented youth and more and more are selecting finance and accountancy as career. Everyone here have a degree or a qualification today. Pakistan is in the top 5 markets in terms of revenue for most interntional designations.

B.com/CA inter with articles is not something very special. With the arrival of so many foreign qualifications anything below full CA is hit by the competition. Recent trend is that foreign qualifications win mostly. Employers would take a ACCA/CIMA/CFA member with articles as compared to B.com/CE-inter with articles in most cases. So don't rely on Bcom or CA-inter.

This does not mean that CA-inters are rejected out right. However, the market in which they survived in the past is invaded and almost captuer by interntional qualifications. They are some what competitive but are far from what they use to be a decade ago. I don't need to tell you what a Bcom means in Pakistan. Get qualified.

If you are a qualified CA from ICAP, then naturally you are excluded from the competition posed by foreign designations. A qualified ACA from ICAP has a strong 50 years of reputation to back him up.

Most students persue both local and foreign designations, parellel or one by one, if they don't have financial restraints.

- HERA BABY - 10-07-2011

ca u tell some combinations of foreign and local combinations????

- Bilal Sulehri - 10-07-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HERA BABY</i>
<br />ca u tell some combinations of foreign and local combinations????

E.g. CA, CA (ICAEW)

- HERA BABY - 10-09-2011

C'MON RESPECTED GUYZ...please shed some light on this topic...

- DxB.Raf - 10-09-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HERA BABY</i>
<br />ca u tell some combinations of foreign and local combinations????

ACCA+CIMA is good. Similarly, ICMAP+ACCA is good. If you complete CIMA, ICMAP is fully exempted i think.

You can register with ICAP and try your luck there too but make sure you run another qualification parallel with it to be on the safe side. Getting CA means you don't need other qualification in Pakistan atleast and having an interntional designation with local CA is the best you can get.

CFA is not worth it. Avoid it. Don't go for ICAEW after ACCA and viceversa.

Also focus your efforts on gaining quality work experience along with education.

- HERA BABY - 10-09-2011

THAT QUALITY EXPERIECE YOU HAVE SAID CAN BE GAINED FROM BIG 4???? RIGHT???

- masroorahmed - 10-10-2011

<br />THAT QUALITY EXPERIECE YOU HAVE SAID CAN BE GAINED FROM BIG 4???? RIGHT???

- masroorahmed - 10-10-2011

not imperative, your personal competence have always an edge on other competitors, if firm have gud client , and you are given chance to workout there , you are fortune enuff,
every forum member shud agree with me.

- DxB.Raf - 10-11-2011

<br />THAT QUALITY EXPERIECE YOU HAVE SAID CAN BE GAINED FROM BIG 4???? RIGHT???

As mansoor mentioned above it is YOUR quality that needs to be improved and not the place you work at. In smaller firms you get better exposure and you start getting bigger tasks very early as compared to bigger firms. I have worked in a 2nd tier audit firm for 2 years and the experience that i gained there was nothing less than what i acquired at the big4. If in a firm you learn and groom, means your experience is worth it.

We must all know students from A Levels who can't even speak English properly or a finance guy just coming out of big4 but knows absolutely nothing. If you are willing to learn n groom, you could do it anywhere. Smaller firms also have big clients, lots of work and small work force. Means you get up and running very quickly within few months.

- siyyabkh - 10-11-2011

if one have chance to join Big4 after 6 months or so, and in other medium size firm he can get into early, then should one wait for big4 or join the medium size firm to save time???

- usmankhalid - 10-11-2011

Okay I've been through all these phases....CA inter...can't find a firm. Big 4 found finally...troubles and politics during articles....after articles...you're in late 20's. Trouble of finding job...being a finalist....and eventually qualified and half dead.
Dude, lemmi tell you, finance market is most shaky today. You can only dream of big 4 today and I'd help you meet pretty and bubbly qualified girls of big4 trying to find jobs for last 6 months. They often visit my HR directorate for support and reference.
Go for something global. Join some reputable professional body that truly invests in its members. Rather a lame body that has contributed nothing for its members except black berries and evo. Not a single seminar on what's going on in the world.
You're gonna repent later on. But then, a decade of life would have gone wasted.
1 life. Not many chances of making such bloody mistakes.

- usmankhalid - 10-11-2011

If you go for less than big4. You're gonna end up with a 25,000 job ) and mentally retarded by incompetent partners and managers of such firms. Your "skills" would include stock taking, cash counting, typing, arranging files in the store, book keeping! and a lot more. Like in Anjum Asim and Avais Hyder..guys with cars provide free driving services to relatives of partners. LOL.

I'm giving you a reality check.

- DxB.Raf - 10-12-2011

@usman..your first post is agreeable to a certain limited point while your second post is far from reality.