Accountancy Forum
Firms hassle! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Firms hassle! (/showthread.php?tid=10474)

Firms hassle! - tahmans - 10-13-2011

if anyone here is from the big4, i would like to know about my approach. i applied in all big 4 firms in karachi, but ey hasnt called me for test even (this is their selection criteria for test.they randomly select ppl and i wasnt a lucky candidate for them). aff promised me a second interview, but hasnt called me yet. their training starts from monday ie 17th october. so i have lost hope of aff too. Do aff ppl keep taking students till result? should i still expect to get into aff?

kpmg hasnt started calling my batch mates. thats what is in my knowledge, i may be wrong, but i havnt got kpmg call yet. deloitte (MYASCO) has called me once, and im waiting for second interview. what should i do, please guide me. should i go to myasco, and then leave after i get a call from kpmg or something? what to do..please help me!

since i havnt got kpmg call yet, my only option now is deloitte myasco in big 4. should i go in it or go to gt or bdo etc? is deloitte good enough firm with respect to training and secondments etc...? if i do go to myasco, anything i need to know about it? which section to opt for etc? and also, what is asked in the second interview at myasco?

from now, plz tell me what my preference should be?
myasco, gt, bdo? or any other firm or in any other order? is the experience and skills and work in the firms below top 4 good? are they reputed and acceptable? specially in the industry and for ca final exams etc? do they get recognition?

- tahmans - 10-13-2011

thanks amit.

thats whats worrying me. and you are wrong. since sat and sundays are off, tomorrow is the last day. if ppl dont get a call tmrw, its over...as friday ko calls nahi hongi!

kpmg, hmm... lets see...ill most probably wait till next wednesday or something because its wednesday today.. but the problem is that hr ppl dont respond properly.. they just say to wait etc.. they dont 'solve' the matter and keep people waiting...

deloitte, hmm... yes i think the big 4 label is better than no label, but still..would like to know about bdo and gt incase god forbid i dont get in deloitte too..

so anyone here to reply?

- farid10 - 10-13-2011

well no doubt your preference should be deloitte over gt and bdo, it carries the name of a firm in the top4,right now what you can do best in apply in all the top4 firms and wait for your chance, by no means you can say that your chances of further interview in deloitte and kpmg are over, anything can happen, i have heard cases where firms have even hired inductess (of mfc's that were not even in their required criteria list)way beyong their usual time of hiring i.e. even after results,plus i would advise you to keep following up by contacting the hr dept of these firms.according to my info myasco has currently hired 3-4 19 mfc inductees

- tahmans - 10-13-2011

yes farid, i have also given the first interview in deloitte...and its been around 5 days today...so maybe till next week i might get second interview calls...i say this because at the time i went for interview, there were not many candidates...also if there were, most of the 19mfc 18mfc ppl who would have got into other firms would have shifted already...the eligibility criteria for deloitte was tough this time, so not many ppl were eligible who till last attempt were...so i mean to say that there are fewer candidates in deloitte at the moment...so i have a bright chance of getting in it before result (maybe the shorfall will be covered up by deloitte after results) ...

kpmg hasnt called me...so i have a chance in kpmg too, as i have heard they call people with module c pass (which i am) irrespective of the batch/mfc...they also said that calls started this week, so maybe till next week might get kpmg call too...

can you please tell me through your friends what was asked in deloittes second interview, and in kpmg's if you know?

- aamalik - 10-15-2011

Friday is gone & no calls yet from either AFF Test & EY Interview!