Accountancy Forum
Guys help me with this ! (Induction) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Guys help me with this ! (Induction) (/showthread.php?tid=10479)

Guys help me with this ! (Induction) - theitgirl - 10-13-2011

Hello ey1!

I attempted Module C and Module D in a single attempt this September! It was my first attempt in both the modules and now im waiting for the result!

The reason that i appeared for both the modules together was that i failed Qms twice (im really bad at maths P) though i passed it in the third attempt. I passed Economics in the second attempt as well. I wasnt really serious towards my studies at that time but then i concentrated, worked hard and passed module a & b together in march 2011. As i was determined to pass CA-inter within 2 years i attempted both the modules together and really worked hard for it. Exams went good and im sure id pass both the modules.

I have also applied in the big 4 for the articles, i was wondering whether they would reject me on the basis of previous results? Or would they wait till the results to see whether i have qualified or not??!! Please can someone guide me with this?

Another thing, in case im not selected i have a very strong reference and i would surely get in the Big4. Should i tell my uncle (who is actually the reference) to "call" the firms right now or after the results? And if there is a strong reference or 'Pawwa' as they say it, are the tests and interviews still conducted for that student or he/she directly lands in the firm?

Thankyou!

- tahmans - 10-13-2011

hey itgurl.

well, see, whats your mfc/fts? at the moment, 17mfc or fts 1 is the last preferred batch. if you are earlier than 17th, you have a bright chance of getting in. i presume you are in karachi. at the moment, all applications are closed. and if you havnt applied, i think it would be hard to take you even with pawwa, because you ahvnt applied and your name isnt in their database!

if you have applied, and havnt got the call, well you should ask your friends.and if you think it has become late, apply pawwa.

today is the last day for aff call..if they dont call, your aff chances are bleak. ey is already over with interviews. so now kmpg and deloitte remain, both of whose interviews are going on.

i dont know what wonders a pawwa can do, but lets see.. maybe you might get in the firm without test or even later, but i doubt. if your uncle was the partner or anything himself, he would have personally looked upon it and you had a big chance. but your uncle will call the partner most probably, and the partner (although he can get trainees in by ordering), he most probably wouldnt do it because its the firms reputation and also becuase the inductions are over! i told you when you should go for pawwa.. but i suggest you to not apply it too early. let it go by the normal course as far as it can go, and then apply pawwa if the normal course doesnt come in yout favour.

so its all luck!

all the best!

- theitgirl - 10-14-2011

Hello,

Thankyou for the comment and yes i have applied in all 4 firms. Actually they did contacted me and were keen to know whether i would be able to pass both the modules. Plus ive already applied the pawwa so yes.

The other thing im concerned about is that whether Icap would let me pass both the modules together and would not fail any of my papers on purpose owing to the fact that my previous record isn't very impressive. But on my end im sure i have attempted the papers extremely well, i studied day in and day out for them.

My batch is Fts-3.

- tahmans - 10-14-2011

well, then it shouldnt be a problem. in fact you should have been in aff or in ey by now )

fts 3 is the most preferred batch, and they get preference everywhere..so im surprised how you are not in any of the firms on merit!

well, icap doesnt fail ppl like this...i dont believe it...so if you did good according to icap, you should pass...but it should be according to icap, not you..so dont blame icap if you dong...

there was no reason to apply source...this would work as negative.you wouldnt know but i feel it wasnt the right time...you should have waited or should have got in on merit itself!

but since you have applied source already, you should get in..

good luck!

- theitgirl - 10-14-2011

Ashu, Did you receive any call from any where? Did you appeared for a test in any of the firms?
Btw, where are you right now? Karachi or Islamabad?

- theitgirl - 10-14-2011

And how was your test?

- aamalik - 10-15-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ashu</i>
<br />Yes, FERGUSON called me and KPMG will start calling by the end of October so I guess I just have to wait for KPMG. And EY dint call me. I am in Islamabad.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

But EY has not called anyone till now!

- aamalik - 10-15-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ashu</i>
<br />In Islamabad, they have called for test and it is a sure thing because couple of my friends were called for test.

It was conducted on September 24.

Oh sorry, I should have been clearer. I am talking about First Interviews...

- aamalik - 10-16-2011

Tnx!

- iphraa - 10-17-2011

i cant believe i have finally found people who have done the same as me .. i m also fts-3 and i gave 7 papers this september..
i didnt apply in aff cos i thot they wouldnt entertain me..i dont really have a pawwa there..
should i apply in kpmg??
God u dont know how relieved i am to have stumbled upon u guys . btw i am in islamabad

- tahmans - 10-17-2011

<br />Well you should have applied in all firms but it is never late. KPMG last date is October 25, I think so you should try your luck there.

please make sure what city are you talking about...not only you, but everyone posting..please make ur city clear..because interviews and tests are going on in every city...so it confuses ppl...

- iphraa - 10-17-2011

Okay but how do i get past their eligibility criteria!? I mean their criteria is pretty clear C passed in full

- iphraa - 10-18-2011

I hope you make it to affco .. and all of us make it to big four.. thanku for ure timely word