Accountancy Forum
which subjects should i choose? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: which subjects should i choose? (/showthread.php?tid=1131)

which subjects should i choose? - anam - 09-19-2004

assalamualaikum
i m new to this site.i m doing matric with science subjects but in future i want to do CA.will u guide me that which subjects r best 4 me in 1st year or inter???

- Augustus - 09-19-2004

Well anam if u are really interested in c.a then after matric u should choose I.com as it will help u a lot to understand financial accounting and other related subjects but u should improve ur math concepts too... i m sure these will help u a lot

- Azeem Shah Khan - 09-19-2004

dont have much choice at this stage, go for Inter Commerce then CAT/AAT. this will give u an edge as well as handful exemptions in ACCA.

azeem

- Pracs - 09-19-2004

Wouldn't a stat, math, economics combination be just as fruitful ? I found people coming in from the I.com stream get bogged down as it is a little too easy for them reading that one accounting book for two years,. plus the math in I.comm does not prepare one for the rigours in CA, ACCA or CIMA...

Please correct me if I am wrong ?? or do all agree.. I think the I.com Accounting is easily digestable within the first month of starting any professional qualification ! plus just to clear up my understanding ,, Azeem do you mean there are exemptions in CAT on the basis of I.com ??

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- anam - 09-20-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Well anam if u are really interested in c.a then after matric u should choose I.com as it will help u a lot to understand financial accounting and other related subjects but u should improve ur math concepts too... i m sure these will help u a lot

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>thx 4 ur suggestions sir but cler me 1 thing i wanna do ics so will i b able to do ca in future.

- ahmed - 09-20-2004

Aoa

If Ics=inter-computer science ........then u will defnetly be able to do C.A )

AllahHafiz

u never know

- Sarfaraz - 09-21-2004

AOA
In my point of view for starting CA. Math Stat Economics is the best combination of subjects a person should adopt in Inter coz in the module A of CA these subjects are tested along English.
In other modules all students are same whether you have done B com or Bsc.

There is a will. There is a way.
0333-4502662

- Apocalypse - 09-22-2004

After matric you can go for A-Levels with Maths and Accounts only, by this way you will also gain gain exemption from PPT, which is necessary in a case when I.Com result is below 2nd division.

A-levels gives a good plus point even if you want to go for ACCA and its not even that difficult infact A-levels maths is much more easier than inter maths.

- Pracs - 09-22-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
AOA
In my point of view for starting CA. Math Stat Economics is the best combination of subjects a person should adopt in Inter coz in the module A of CA these subjects are tested along English.
In other modules all students are same whether you have done B com or Bsc.

There is a will. There is a way.
0333-4502662
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

So I thought.... and agree....a sound concept in math and stat goes a long when pursuing a career in accountancy..

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- inevitable_ali - 09-28-2004

<b></b><font face='Trebuchet MS'></font id='Trebuchet MS'><font color=blue></font id=blue>

Assalam o aliakum
I guess.. doin A levelz is the best.. for CA.. and if u are Stucked in the Examz of ICAP Wink ( a bitter fact ), u may opt for ACCA without even clearing the first two parts of CAT, thus as a time saver and more than that.. u does have knowledge of things u are goin to study.
I ve a pre engineering background.. and m studyin with both ICOM and A levelz students.. ICOM students are just familiar with the terms.. the knowledge they ve doesnt contribute a lot to their studies and it doesnt help a lot just being familiar.. and they difficultly cope with subjects like Information Technology in module B and D.. and some topics like Differential calculus and equations in Quantitative Technique in module A.
A levels students does have an edge over pre engineering and ICOM students.. they usually have studied the courses offered in MFC. But, whichever field u are from.. I guess its all upto u, how u manage ur studies.. being from any background wont guarantee u pass the exams.. but..select subjects tht u are goin to study in future.. Doin A levelz is most beneficial, i guess one should go for tht!
Allah hafiz..

Inevitable.. Ali..

- Imran - 09-28-2004

my suggestion is that you should chose any of the subjects in intermediate because after chosing state math economics or i com you will be restricted to accountancy only but after chosing preeng or pre med you would have several other options........also you can come in this fiels
regards
imran

imran